All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Can someone please help.....I feel like the biggest NOOB, I have been at this for over 2 hours!!!! new career and I cannot get a signal on the launch pad for first satellite launch. Top left corner shows NO CONNECTION. I have followed the tutorials and nothing. What am I missing. Thanks in advance
  3. The center line of totality runs about 500 feet away from my house. So best case, we walk down the street to a park overlooking the Lake, and have a picnic. Setup the laptops to run the cameras and she can still “work from home” on the beach. But…. This is Cleveland. So the 50% chance of rain means a 95% chance of overcast. We’ll make a decision, weather wise, by 4pm Sunday, and then hit the road. I’m willing to go as far west as about Paducah, Kentucky or East up to the Vermont/ NY border. Find a nice clear spot of grass that can see the sun, ooh and awe for an hour, then drive home in time to back at work the next morning.
  4. I probably should've specified those, I forgot about them. Those are disallowed as they trivialize KSP: I'll be adding that to the rules once I can
  5. If they do, I really hope they tune down the scatter too (and/or first fix wheel-physics) because otherwise rovers would be almost useless (have to move at 3 m/s to have the agility to avoid the everpresent rocks)
  6. Hopefully they will find ways to use the new engine to it's fullest to solve these problems as well as make the game more accessible for less powerful computers, I'm sure the community will find very interesting ways to build colonies in these epic sceneries (like off a cliff as you said ect.). I hope the system makes sense and gives a good challenge, that's also why in a separate thread I suggested that the developers enable scatter collision when colonies come. This could work because it would be hard to land on the rough terrain but after you build a colony you can make large landing pads/runways to make it easier and smoother for future missions. I think collision with scatter and having time-intensive animations when building colonies will make the experience meaningful and encouraging. I hope development will go down these roads.
  7. Today
  8. I think the comparison is about the "frosty blue" color of the building catagory elements. Personally I think I liked KSP2's old direction of the UI more than the current version Awesome photos, thanks for showing those for people who don't know how to "code dive" hopefully it will be a good system combining VAB build style with someway to intuitively make sure the pieces are secured and stable on the ground
  9. I really don't even know what could please me about that colonies content. I guess I want it to be challenging as well as beautiful, aesthetic. To be able to finetune the colony on a very specific place, like leaning against a cliff partially with the launch pad overhanging over a canyon. The kind of aesthetic and terrain adaptability we've seen in the original trailer, that's it. But since the actual terrain is miles (sorry, light-year) behind what we saw in the trailer, the lightning and colors so weird, the physics not quite on point, etc, I don't see how we will end with some very basic quasi-flat station with some buggy overhang pillars tentative that will float a some meters above ground, missing the shadows, or not fitting the ground textures definition, etc. Yeah, quite pessimistic about it, since Terrain and Aesthetic is what I consider as the top priority for KSP2 and it's nothing to say that it under delivers a lot.
  10. speaking of this I think the animations don't speed up when under time warp either
  11. And this is how the professionals do the things. https://fortressvl.ru/fortress/novosilcevskaya-batareya/
  12. Insurance companies can usually borrow the money to pay off claims, then increase rates to cover the loan. Who benefits? The other insurance companies who can easily raise rates right now.
  13. oh please, they are both playing with money guns right now.
  14. Don't understand the comparison to older UI, aside from the back button and whatever rounded rectangle at the top, it looks exactly like current VAB UI.
  15. I installed the mod but the original alarm clock is still running and automatically creating alarms......anyway to turn off original?
  16. Overthinking superhero movies leads to nothing but unhappiness.
  17. I'll check again when I play tonight, but I really thought with the v0.2.1 patch the auto-pause did not retract the sensors (as evidenced by ongoing power-draw) and picked back up scanning quite quickly (though higher time-warps might confuse things) while the manual-pause forced the animation to run (but also stops sucking power while it waits to be re-engaged). That being said, I know I have had a number of times where the experiment hard-stops prior to the scan completing (and when I 'start' it again over the target biome it does credit me for the previous time scanning it), but I don't believe that's expected behaviour.
  18. speaking of which SPOILERS From aterriblemodder on discord. talked about it but for me it boiled down to.
  19. Great thoughts! I think auto-resume feature on experiments was added in the last patch but I might be wrong. I do think you bring up a good point with the animation time though. Maybe if they really wanted to keep a visual indicator for players to know when an experiment isn't running they could have a animation that closes some things but not all that takes significantly less time (like 2 seconds max).
  20. not to say i don't like movies about pirates. i just don't like fantasy pirates.
  1. Load more activity