All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @ralanboyle Ahh yes i watched your new clip (...) and it is a true Kerbal vehicle and expert flying demo. Looks like your craft breaks the fourth wall at 2:45, i did not try this due to lack of time, but tommorow i`ll force my Kerbals to do some work and exploit the living daylights from those pesky airbreathers.... Cheerz!
  3. I realized that I completely misread the question literally right after I posted it (I read it as treads rather than tracks) But I changed it to the crawler. Because those are tracks that are still technically used in space missions
  4. "Treads"... Do you mean tire treads that are perhaps 'specially-suited' to Martian terrain?
  5. And, on this question. Technically yes. The crawler! Without it, none of your favorite missions would exist!
  6. IIRC the series basically ventured past their expiration date, as so many franchises have. The loss of Depp - likely irreversible, what even is the poor guy up to these days? - was just the final nail in the coffin.
  7. Really, what made the Pirates of the Caribbean movies work was Johnny Depp. Everything else about them, the writing, the directing, the acting, was mediocre at best. If Johnny Depp had not been in the first movie, there would not have been a second. However, I'm sure that everyone else involved (incorrectly) believed that they were what made the movies work. That they're perfectly capable of making a successful Pirates movie without Johnny Depp. Which is why this reboot is happening, and why it is (in all probability) going to fail miserably. One of the (many) things wrong with modern Hollywood is the preponderance of self-conceit.
  8. Rations rarely serve as functionaries, hot, malodorous funky flunkies gentrifying the gerbil population slowly. New: Nottingham ——— 124503282024
  9. WAIT WAIT WAIT WOT! LANDING GEARS! Who gave you permission to make LANDING GEARS OK Joking aside (and probably an inside joke to many people reading this now-a-days) This looks Effing AWESOME! Love the work. Now B-70 Carrier when?
  10. Technically 6 times (9 if you count the ones that didn't land and 3 if you're only counting the ones using the rover and several if you count the unmanned missions and dozens more if you count the ones the have been to other bodies ) In our little rock we call home, we've done a fair bit, but you are right in a sense though. On a grand scale, we haven't done jack squat.
  11. A 1966 CPSU Central Committee memo on expanding production of ready-made breakfasts from popped rice. Besides a major point that's rather eye-raising in a Soviet paper (popped rice production lags behind because corn flakes are more profitable), it includes such gems as the Artillery Academy helping design an industrial popcorn machine (after all, it's "exploded cereals") and two full paragraphs on the advantages of Kellog's rice flakes (Rice Krispies?), the failure of the Soviets' efforts to replicate them, and the need to reach out to the British to license production. https://t.me/tarkhils_channel/2591
  12. Well, I finally got the entirety of my Tylo mission docked and put together in LKO. If you'll take a look at that last image, you'll see something that's missing. Namely, a labradoodle engine on the central column. I am not sure how that happened, but I think that explains why I had that odd cloud the other day. But, I finally have this put together and I'm ready to try taking this thing to Tylo. My concern here is that the dV calculated in LKO right now shows 6,000 (ish; I'm rounding up a bit here), but the VAB showed I'd have like 8000ish. I cannot stress to the developers enough that the dV calculations need to be fixed. Pronto. We cannot keep putting missions together and assuming we have enough based on the bad math in the core loop. Anyhow, I'm going to try sending this thing off later today. We shall see what happens.
  13. Today
  14. geysers erupting on the sea floor on laythe though i suppose being on the seafloor would make them not geysers, but hydrothermal vents
  15. It reflects the sun at you too, frying your house. I wish I was good at Splatoon Anarchy battles
  16. I have arrived! ⬆️⬇️➡️⬅️⬆️ Calling in reinforcements from @TwoCalories!
  17. Can someone please help.....I feel like the biggest NOOB, I have been at this for over 2 hours!!!! new career and I cannot get a signal on the launch pad for first satellite launch. Top left corner shows NO CONNECTION. I have followed the tutorials and nothing. What am I missing. Thanks in advance
  18. The center line of totality runs about 500 feet away from my house. So best case, we walk down the street to a park overlooking the Lake, and have a picnic. Setup the laptops to run the cameras and she can still “work from home” on the beach. But…. This is Cleveland. So the 50% chance of rain means a 95% chance of overcast. We’ll make a decision, weather wise, by 4pm Sunday, and then hit the road. I’m willing to go as far west as about Paducah, Kentucky or East up to the Vermont/ NY border. Find a nice clear spot of grass that can see the sun, ooh and awe for an hour, then drive home in time to back at work the next morning.
  19. I probably should've specified those, I forgot about them. Those are disallowed as they trivialize KSP: I'll be adding that to the rules once I can
  20. If they do, I really hope they tune down the scatter too (and/or first fix wheel-physics) because otherwise rovers would be almost useless (have to move at 3 m/s to have the agility to avoid the everpresent rocks)
  21. Hopefully they will find ways to use the new engine to it's fullest to solve these problems as well as make the game more accessible for less powerful computers, I'm sure the community will find very interesting ways to build colonies in these epic sceneries (like off a cliff as you said ect.). I hope the system makes sense and gives a good challenge, that's also why in a separate thread I suggested that the developers enable scatter collision when colonies come. This could work because it would be hard to land on the rough terrain but after you build a colony you can make large landing pads/runways to make it easier and smoother for future missions. I think collision with scatter and having time-intensive animations when building colonies will make the experience meaningful and encouraging. I hope development will go down these roads.
  22. I think the comparison is about the "frosty blue" color of the building catagory elements. Personally I think I liked KSP2's old direction of the UI more than the current version Awesome photos, thanks for showing those for people who don't know how to "code dive" hopefully it will be a good system combining VAB build style with someway to intuitively make sure the pieces are secured and stable on the ground
  23. I really don't even know what could please me about that colonies content. I guess I want it to be challenging as well as beautiful, aesthetic. To be able to finetune the colony on a very specific place, like leaning against a cliff partially with the launch pad overhanging over a canyon. The kind of aesthetic and terrain adaptability we've seen in the original trailer, that's it. But since the actual terrain is miles (sorry, light-year) behind what we saw in the trailer, the lightning and colors so weird, the physics not quite on point, etc, I don't see how we will end with some very basic quasi-flat station with some buggy overhang pillars tentative that will float a some meters above ground, missing the shadows, or not fitting the ground textures definition, etc. Yeah, quite pessimistic about it, since Terrain and Aesthetic is what I consider as the top priority for KSP2 and it's nothing to say that it under delivers a lot.
  1. Load more activity