All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Landed my fuel ferry on Minmus to start getting fueled up. Kerbal is for scale (by the right landing gear, under the KAS hose). It holds a LOT of fuel, and should be able to get most of it back to LKO since Minmus is so easy. Other than that, just some normal contract stuff. I set up KAC alarms for transfer windows to all of the planets, so I can start sending relays and doing a bit of science at least. Possibly might just go ahead and send a manned lander and see what happens, but that's scary, so I dunno. Duna isn't the first window, which is giving making me wonder what to do exactly on the order. Need to get a LKO station set up, for a contract and just to get a launching pad for inter-planetary.
  3. Help!. I am trying to figure out how to attach Falcon boosters to the radial decouplers. Any ideas welcome.
  4. If anyone has noticed, somewhere somehow Kerbin got super borked. Working on it.
  5. Does it fit the MK3 scale shuttle parts?
  6. I've found it helpful to look at the GameData\ModuleManager.ConfigCache file - it contains the post MM processing cfg's so you can see what you actually did vs what you thought you did with a MM patch.
  7. Banned for uniting with Soviet despite it doesn't exist anymore...
  8. Notebook Space Program - 1968 Up, down, up, down...
  9. Today
  10. I was reading through and gathering my own thoughts, but already even at page 4 ^^THIS^^, right here, made me feel estranged... I was hoping that they would have included all they have already achieved with KSP, in KSP 2... But it seems that they want to keep older DLC's as newer DLC's... Instead of inventing, creating new and other stuff to sell separately... Which is such a shame... and it gives the negative vibes of creative laziness, as if they're either afraid or unable to be creative or come up with new and interesting stuff... Which I doubt. The only reasoning I can take on this is that the companies are now different and they wouldn't want to ruin KSP 1's DLC sellings with KSP 2, if they included robotics in vanilla... But honestly, who and which new customer will want to buy KSP anymore when KSP 2 is around, anyway?!? Only the rookies who wants a space simulation and haven't seen the KSP 2 store page yet... Let's be honest, who else? Anyways if this the way it's going to be, I will be expecting much MUCH more advanced robotic parts and features, and not just a hinge, a rotor and a piston from that DLC... Or the price should be really really cheap or may be even free for early buyers. I truly believe that, this DLC will have to earn it's price waaaay waay harder than KSP 2 itself... And if there's any intentional and internal (coding) blockage on the liberty of creating mods like "infernal robotics", I will boycott the main game and won't buy. The only 2 reasons I bought BG DLC are, 1 to support the game, 2 the new and unique programming interface which was relatively better / easier than IR's sequencer... But I still use both IR and it's sequencer! I am certain that I'm not alone in this whole subject. ----- Other than this, I have my other thoughts on this topic and I will try to get back to here later.
  11. Your best bet would be to look at some of the mods that do this - see what they do. I know Sigma did some recolors way back here and there are some more recent ones though I can't recall their names. Unsure if they require Kopernicus.
  12. I am trying to keep the number of thrusters to a minimum, as each additional R-4D thruster reduces downmass payload capability. I have found that 16 x R-4D thrusters allows for an efficient LLO-Surface transit. However the thrusters alone produce only 7.8kN thrust, and this is not enough thrust to hover, the OMS at about 45% of maxthrust is required in addition. Alternatively the thrusters may be switched off prior to landing, and the OMS throttled to about 75% of maxthrust at landing. A combination of SuperDRACO and DRACO thruster would also be technically viable, however I really like the OMS and R-4D combination - with the Orion Service module using the exact same engines, this would allow Aerojet Rocketdyne some economy of scale on the engine builds, and so reduces the price per unit and also the overall cost of the Artemis program.
  13. 1) Nope. Think redder 2) Nice infographic... but I thought KVV is still not out for 1.8?
  14. Hmm, I can't get the Recycler UI to show up. There's a Recycler button on the Workshop window, but nothing happens when clicking it, other than I get this message in the log: [ERR 21:23:15.074] AssetLoader: Cannot find bundle definition with name 'GroundConstruction/gc_ui' I looked on GitHub and saw that inside GameData/GroundConstruction there's a symlink called gc_ui.ksp, but no such file exists in the mod as installed by CKAN under Windows 10.
  15. yeah i dont know how to fix or rebuild the wheels or landing gear. but i am going to take a stab at readgusting the colision meshes on some parts and the attachment points. however the mod does run in 1.8
  16. I think the Hwasong-14 used by North Korea may use a hybrid solid fuel upperstage developed by scientists in Ukraine and then modified for domestic production. But that's pretty much one step above speculation so take that (and almost all other information about North Korea, whether from the state itself, hearsay like this, rival states, the mainstream media, NGOs, allied states, or defectors) with a grain of salt about the size of Mt. Paektu, and the fact that we need to look at an ICBM (and not an orbital launch vehicle) used solely by not even a regional power is indicative of how rare these kind of motors are.
  17. I plan on making part 20 be the first part about the rover's travels across the munar surface. I've already taken the images for the part, but I am going to wait until later before publishing part 20.
  18. The mod was completely redone. Many footprints were changed, power levels, masses and costs were tweaked, some panels deleted and new ones added. Instead of breaking your craft by changing the dimensions of an existing panel, all panels were duplicated and then modified.
  19. Road closures back on for Monday... tank testing, presumably:
  20. Update: The camo mod is great to get rid off all the lines. I do need to sort out the windows, those lines need to go . . . The windows are the only modded parts, the rest is stock + tweakscale.
  21. @dvdwilliams88 Looks like this mod was last released for 1.0.5 - wheels underwent a major change at some point so I'm guessing the wheels and landing legs will need rebuilt.
  1. Load more activity