All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Can someone push in the right direction to get Javascript running with this add-on? The plugin protion works, but how do I get .js files to run? I tried the example but is says: "Error: Cannot find module 'krpc-node'"
  3. Barzon Kerman

The Deer (Game I'm making)

? The first early release will be in August, with only chapter 1. @tygoo7?
  4. On a sidenote, have you tried using StageRecovery, and would you consider it a cheat for you?
  5. alien_wind

KSP memes Megathread

the new duna base I started a month ago is called "oppy base"(not that original.. I know)
  6. The White Guardian

[1.4.X] KS3P

Okay, I really don't know how to work with Unity's new AssetBundle pipeline. @jrodriguez so sorry to ask this of you, but could you please work your magic again on the non-DX11 shaders?
  7. According to the github library there have been no real changes since 1.5, other than recompile.
  8. Kernel Kraken

Best Quotes Ever

Shoot for the moon, if you miss, you will die among the exsitential void of space, with no one to disturb you. You may be the first to visit another star system, or crash into a planet. If you miss those you're still in space. Win win.
  9. purpleivan

Kerbin Sorta-Circumnavigation

Darkness descends... or, making the most of the night. Dean headed from yet another beach to bring the crew what they need, this fine sunny afternoon. For some reason the balance of the tanker was really off and kept rolling to the right. I put it down to some fuel imbalance, but I couldn't find, so I just put up with it until I landed, then drained the side tanks into the boat first, to get things straight again. Once landed and hooked up to the boat the side tanks were quickly drained, along with much of the contents of the center set. Dean was left with just under 1000 units left, to get his plane back to Fuel Depot 2, which shouldn't be a problem. As this leg started mid afternoon, it's not long before good old Mr Sunshine is going beddy byes. Val parks to boat with about 2/3 of the fuel remaining. The crew get a lie in until late morning, but once they're up, they're quickly on their way. The soon pass a "not quite almost lake" as Bob puts it, and it's a good thing it's not connected to the sea, as it would be quite a detour. Take that not quite almost lake... trip progess 1 NQAL's 0. When asked if he had a name to give this feature of the local terrain, Bob suggested "The Teaspoon". There's a fair amount of rocky coastline, but also some nice beaches to zip past too. As they get close to the bulk of the mainland up ahead, and the big left turn they'll be taking to follow it's southern coastline, this feature comes into view. Bill says that it used to be a harbour and a giant Kraken statue spanned the entrance to it, with a bunch of tentacles standing the two hills. Talking of reaching the mainland proper... there it is up ahead. Soon after this Val swung the boat round to port and headed Westwards. But soon it's time to head along another peninsula, and Val once again swings the boat to port and the jouney continues ot the SSW. The sun's setting but there's still a decent amount of fuel in the tanks. Val doesn't want to waste part of tomorrow using this part of the fuel, then waiting for a Goose, so she plans to plough onward. The sun's gone and the lights on the boat spark into life. The sea is just a black sheet under the boat, that invisibly meets the blackness of the sky. Slowly the headland at the southeastern tip of the peninsula comes into view and Val aims between it and a small island. Val's eyes are on stalks looking out into the darkness. Is that a rock sticking out of the water, or a smudge on the windshield... who can tell. She rounds the tipp at the SSE, then a couple minutes later another, at the SSW tip. There's really not much light to see by and it's a shame there's no moonlight to help out. With the fuel almost exhausted, the boat is guided onto a beach for the overnight stop. When I first laid out the line on the map that follows the coast, I saw that island was pretty close to the antarctic coast and thought I might drop by it on the way. I'll try to remember to do that and not just drive past.
  10. Kernel Kraken

Forum no-nos

No, I'm just lazy. 314: dissing other people's text editor Edit: ninjad
  11. Lo Var Lachland

What did you do in KSP today?

Holy CRAP! I will HAVE to download this. The Fletcher class are my favorite ships of all time. Excellent job.
  12. OrbitalBuzzsaw

Kerbin Sorta-Circumnavigation

For no particular reason when you get across the antarctic could you go and visit the ice island?
  13. Aerospacer

[1.x.x] Kerbal Hacks: Wearable KIS Props

Wow, I not sure now... One day i dreamed about this May be will be better if you choose yourself.
  14. HansonKerman

Rate the profile banner of the user above you!

6/10 Involves a solar eclipse but minus points for involving a spaceplane.
  15. Today
  16. We already have get messages about out of date mods from MiniAVC & KSP-AVC, but we really need one for broken mods. I'd suggested adding this to the AVC mods in the KSP-AVC thread, since almost every mod user will have it due to MiniAVC being bundled with lots of mods, but @linuxgurugamer suggested a new mod, so here's the thread. The only problem I see with a new mod is getting users to install it if it isn't bundled with something everyone has like ModuleManager or AVC. With 1.7 some popular mods have been broken due to .dlls not loading. This isn't at all apparent to a lot of users and the forum threads start to fill with questions about all sorts of symptoms resulting from missing .dlls. (animations broken, PAW menus missing, other mods misbehaving). Lots of players either don't bother looking or don't understand the logs the game creates. I'm requesting a mod to run a scan on the KSP.Log at the start to look for a specific failure and display a message to the user. The messages below are from my logs for the latest versions of KAS and KPBS in 1.7, they points to exactly which routine in the mod has the problem for troubleshooting, but the important thing for the user are the message AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'KAS' Right there is enough to tell me there's a serious problem with KAS. A popup message telling the user "Exception detected loading KAS, the associated mod is broken. Please go to the mod's forum thread for more information" should be enough to clue a user in that there are problems. The only real problem I see is that it's not always easy for a clueless user to identify which mod includes the .dll throwing the error as in the case of KPBS that has the .dll name PlanetarySurfaceStructures KSP.Log Version: [ERR 07:44:08.780] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'KAS': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded. at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool) at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 Additional information about this exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SaveUpgradePipeline.KAS.PatchFilesProcessor' from assembly 'KAS, Version=1.2.7037.1765, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. [ERR 07:44:08.813] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'PlanetarySurfaceStructures': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded. at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool) at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 +Additional information about this exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PlanetarySurfaceStructures.SaveFileUpgrader' from assembly 'PlanetarySurfaceStructures, Version=1.6.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. output_log.txt Version: AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'KAS': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded. at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool) at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 Additional information about this exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SaveUpgradePipeline.KAS.PatchFilesProcessor' from assembly 'KAS, Version=1.2.7037.1765, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51) Non platform assembly: C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\PlanetaryBaseInc\BaseSystem\Plugins\PlanetarySurfaceStructures.dll (this message is harmless) AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'PlanetarySurfaceStructures': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded. at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool) at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 Additional information about this exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PlanetarySurfaceStructures.SaveFileUpgrader' from assembly 'PlanetarySurfaceStructures, Version=1.6.8.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
  17. HansonKerman

Make a wish... and have it horribly corrupted!

Okay... I wish I knew how to design spaceplanes well.
  18. KerbolExplorer

Granted*teleports away just in case*
  19. StrandedonEarth

SpaceX Discussion Thread

Wow. I guess I shouldn't have hid those Easter eggs there... To paraphrase one of the replies in that twitter, "Dragon is Dra-gone!"
  20. HansonKerman

Granted. People kill you for ruining my wish. I wish @KerbolExplorer would see this.
  21. I'll take a look. The nodes are adjusted depending on whether Missing History and/or Restock is installed. I just tested with and without the various mods and it's working ok for me. What version of UKS are you using?
  22. KerbolExplorer

Granted. I wish i find a good way to ruin @HansonKerman wish
  23. Here's a 9:09 run with a chunky, misshapen plane. https://imgur.com/a/CIhNDOb
  24. While you could do that (any UnityEngine.Object or derived class ... like PartModule or MonoBehaviour), you don't need to. You already know exactly where your data is. You could cache the PartModule or wherever your data is being kept in whatever script you have as an event listener and call methods directly
  25. Must have been something with the PartsDatabase. I can't repro this with a clean install, and the fully-modded save I initially saw the problem in is now working as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  26. I can't post screens yet, but I managed to get a stock fuel-cell-powered biplane optimized for low monetary cost of all things (it costs less than $16000) to reach 13100 meters. Flight is paused in progress. As it is, the craft uses a fixed-pitch prop because it saves around $3000 compared to using 8 control surfaces. This means that at low altitude the prop can't really exceed 1600 deg/s at its current wide radius. But at 13 km, where the air is under 10% the density it is at sealevel, the blades have reached 2685 deg/s at 90 m/s and still climbing. The biggest problem is that I'm gonna get to an altitude where to maintain level flight I need to go fast, but if I go fast the prop will over-rev.
  27. Open the appropriate .cfg file (restock-engines-liquid-125.cfg) in a text editor and either delete or comment out the sections that do you don't want. The .cfg files are pretty well documented. Comments are anything after a double slash '//'. If you are not familiar with editing config files, copy a backup to your desktop, just in case you make mistakes and need to go back.
  1. Load more activity