Any perormance enchancement mod for x32 0.90 KSP?

Coga19000

I have noticed that 0.90, awesome though it is, is much more memory-demanding, and much laggier. Which may not be that bad by itself, but becomes very irritating as I haven't found ye a memory-reducing or performance-enchaning mod for 0.90. There is always ATM, I know, but it only works for 64, and I'm using x32.

Ae there any mods I could use that I have possibly not found yet?

There is always ATM, I know, but it only works for 64, and I'm using x32.

That's completely wrong. A lot of people are confused by the x86 and x64 designations, thinking they're both 64-bit, but they're not.

x86 = 32 bit

x64 = 64 bit

There is no x32.

Go to ATM's page and download the x86-Basic or x86-Aggressive version.

(x86 refers to the 32-bit instruction set that CPUs in PCs use; x64 is short for x86-64, the 64-bit version of x86)

Oh... my... fudging... God!, am I really such a noob?!?!?

I do remember using the x64 version for my 32-bit 0.25 file, though. Huh. That's weird...

Anyways, thank you soooo much!

EDIT: Sratch that, it is stil a complete failure, both with basic and aggressive. It crashes, and gives a message. "Fatal error: too many gp headings". Damn.

Edited by Coga19000

You can always try to run it with -force-opengl command. Running in OpenGL reduce memory cost, but will cause visual artifacts, and may sometimes lag like hell with big crafts.

I'm not sure how much good this is really going to do for me. You yourself said that Open GL can't really handle to much of a game like KSP

I'm not sure how much good this is really going to do for me. You yourself said that Open GL can't really handle to much of a game like KSP

It is memory-reducing trading off for performance. So...it solve half of your problem while making the other half worse... Usually helpful if you hit a limit with memory and crash out, but you still want to play. I tried to help. =<

It is memory-reducing trading off for performance. So...it solve half of your problem while making the other half worse... Usually helpful if you hit a limit with memory and crash out, but you still want to play. I tried to help. =<

Don't worry, I know you were last being helpful, and I appreciate it deeply. Right now, though, performance is more of an issue -hadn't had any crashes of lately.

Oh... my... fudging... God!, am I really such a noob?!?!?

I do remember using the x64 version for my 32-bit 0.25 file, though. Huh. That's weird...

Anyways, thank you soooo much!

EDIT: Sratch that, it is stil a complete failure, both with basic and aggressive. It crashes, and gives a message. "Fatal error: too many gp headings". Damn.

I ran into this issue starting with ATM 4.2 onward. While rbray wasn't able to get to the bottom of it, it does appear to only impact certain x86 configurations.

If you go with ATM 4.1 you will probably see the "too many gp headings" error go away. It will also take a while to load the first time, and may even Crash To Desktop a couple of times, but just relaunch KSP. The CTD happens when ATM runs out of memory during the initial compression and caching. Relaunching lets you complete that process. After that, KSP should load fairly quickly and with significant RAM savings.

I ran into this issue starting with ATM 4.2 onward. While rbray wasn't able to get to the bottom of it, it does appear to only impact certain x86 configurations.

If you go with ATM 4.1 you will probably see the "too many gp headings" error go away. It will also take a while to load the first time, and may even Crash To Desktop a couple of times, but just relaunch KSP. The CTD happens when ATM runs out of memory during the initial compression and caching. Relaunching lets you complete that process. After that, KSP should load fairly quickly and with significant RAM savings.

I'm accually using the 4.3 version, because it claims to be the first one to support 0.90. Quess it won't hurt to try 4.1 at this point, though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.