[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

While approaching Sonnah, I think I found a bug. the point at which the game shuts down timewarp is actually inside the atmosphere, almost at the surface, making it possible to timewarp through re-entry. This might be a Kopernicus bug, though.

I can't seem to replicate this, everytime i approach time warp cuts out at the atmosphere boundary, is it a certain angle that does it? does it do it every time?

Great mod, but I'm having a strange issue. NH isn't always loading, so sometimes I end up with the stock solar system, sometimes I get yours. Any idea what might be going on?

thats strange indeed, i havent had this problem myself, try deleting the mod files and reinstalling them. what OS are you on?

How would I go about calculating how much Delta-V is needed to get to the planets? I usually use deltavmap.com but that obviously doesn't support this mod.

im not too sure how to make a delta-v map tbh, ive seen and used delta-v maps before, however i have no idea how to make one, perhaps someone who knows can point me in the right direction? ill have a look around and see if i can find out.

thats strange indeed, i havent had this problem myself, try deleting the mod files and reinstalling them. what OS are you on?

I'm on Windows, using the 32-bit executable. As far as I can work out, my game is loading NH the first time I start it up after installing the mod files, then reverting to the stock solar system.

EDIT: I uninstalled Universe Replacer and it seemed to fix the problem. Any idea why the two mods should be incompatible?

EDIT 2: Hate to sound like I'm nitpicking your great work, but the "Explore Sonnah" contract keeps disappearing. I accept it and get the advance payment, then it just goes away as soon as I exit Mission Control. I can keep the money, though, so it's an infinite money source. No idea why this is happening.

Edited by Rhyfeddol

I'd love an RSS config.

I'm going to be making a 6x config for this soon, with OPM installed. I'll upload it if you want. Going with 6x because 6.4x is a bit too much for stock parts, and 5x is a bit too small for the right level of challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Eeloo supposed to orbit Vanor? It's description says it is, but its current orbit around the Sun looks like it's right.

Edited by Sahadara

those Pretty Pictures in the first post are very nice, but do you think you could write out a description of what all this mod actually changes? e.g. "moho made a moon of jool and reduced gravity to 0.2g", or something like that? i am one of those people who like knowing exactly what they're getting before they download.

this looks impressive!

im not too sure how to make a delta-v map tbh, ive seen and used delta-v maps before, however i have no idea how to make one, perhaps someone who knows can point me in the right direction? ill have a look around and see if i can find out.

Thanks for the reply! Also idk if it is this mod or not but my save is no longer saving flights in progress every time I restart ksp my probes and space stations are gone, so I have to launch them again.

I'm on Windows, using the 32-bit executable. As far as I can work out, my game is loading NH the first time I start it up after installing the mod files, then reverting to the stock solar system.

EDIT: I uninstalled Universe Replacer and it seemed to fix the problem. Any idea why the two mods should be incompatible?

EDIT 2: Hate to sound like I'm nitpicking your great work, but the "Explore Sonnah" contract keeps disappearing. I accept it and get the advance payment, then it just goes away as soon as I exit Mission Control. I can keep the money, though, so it's an infinite money source. No idea why this is happening.

Is it universe replacer, or texture replacer? what version of it are you using? i tested with texure replacer and it worked for me, quite strange! I'll look into it some more, but make sure texture replacer is the latest, or at least v2.21 or higher!

as for the contract dissapearing bug, it is a know problem with kopernicus unfortunately. Not alot i can do. :( Some people have reported that the latest kopernicustech has improved the problem, but others say it didnt. I've just updated to the latest version anyway so see if the new update helps.

I'm going to be making a 6x config for this soon, with OPM installed. I'll upload it if you want. Going with 6x because 6.4x is a bit too much for stock parts, and 5x is a bit too small for the right level of challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Eeloo supposed to orbit Vanor? It's description says it is, but its current orbit around the Sun looks like it's right.

wow thats awesome, yeah let me know when it's done and i'll put it into the OP. Definitely want to check it out! Yeah i somehow managed to swap Vall and Eeloo around in the origional release but quickly changed them back and forgot about the descriptions, its fixed now with the v1.15 release.

those Pretty Pictures in the first post are very nice, but do you think you could write out a description of what all this mod actually changes? e.g. "moho made a moon of jool and reduced gravity to 0.2g", or something like that? i am one of those people who like knowing exactly what they're getting before they download.

this looks impressive!

I've done a quick write up of the planets and their layout in the OP, im not too creative with things like that though, but it's a start!

Thanks for the reply! Also idk if it is this mod or not but my save is no longer saving flights in progress every time I restart ksp my probes and space stations are gone, so I have to launch them again.

i haven't seen this problem before, what other mods are you using? i had several flights in progress during testing and they all stayed in their correct spots.

Is it universe replacer, or texture replacer? what version of it are you using? i tested with texure replacer and it worked for me, quite strange! I'll look into it some more, but make sure texture replacer is the latest, or at least v2.21 or higher!

as for the contract dissapearing bug, it is a know problem with kopernicus unfortunately. Not alot i can do. :( Some people have reported that the latest kopernicustech has improved the problem, but others say it didnt. I've just updated to the latest version anyway so see if the new update helps.

Updated to the latest version of Texture Replacer, still not working for me. Never mind.

Sucks that you can't sort out the contracts, but that's not your fault. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

Is it possible to (manually) remove some planets/moons? It´s barely possible to run any other mods as well than this without crashing.

You can simply delete any unwanted planets/moons you want from the new horizons config folder if you're having issues. Did you try using opengl/atm to help your game?

Updated to the latest version of Texture Replacer, still not working for me. Never mind.

Sucks that you can't sort out the contracts, but that's not your fault. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

I'll try some things out and see if I can find a solution for TR problems tomorrow.

You can simply delete any unwanted planets/moons you want from the new horizons config folder if you're having issues. Did you try using opengl/atm to help your game?

Yes both. Opengl lets me run ksp but causes lag when having big structures.

I think the issue with the mod not staying loaded is an issue OPM faced as well. I believe the issue is texture replacer. If your mods folder is not told to be kept loaded in the @defualt.cfg file it will not keep the alterations to the planets. I believe this is with biomes and maybe the fact that you move stock planets, but not sure on both. Either way I am pretty sure its TR causing the issue.

Hi there! :D

First off I want to say this is an amazing mod, and I've given rep for it. But I have a slight problem.

When I go to launch KSP, it loads up fine and once I get into a save file (Brand new) it seems to load the default solar (Kolar?) system. I see that other people are having the bug and it's to do with Texture Replacer, yet I've never had TR on this Gamedata folder? :confused:

Any thoughts op? Help would be greatly appreciated, I'd LOVE to play with this pack!

Hi there! :D

First off I want to say this is an amazing mod, and I've given rep for it. But I have a slight problem.

When I go to launch KSP, it loads up fine and once I get into a save file (Brand new) it seems to load the default solar (Kolar?) system. I see that other people are having the bug and it's to do with Texture Replacer, yet I've never had TR on this Gamedata folder? :confused:

Any thoughts op? Help would be greatly appreciated, I'd LOVE to play with this pack!

hmmmm maybe its not a TR issue, what other mods do you have installed? there could be an incompatability im not aware of. also what OS and are you using the 32-bit game?

look in the OP under optional mod support, i moved the mod support out of the main download and hosted them separately as the download was over 150MB. its easier this way, just click the link and you get the clouds i made for them (will be updating this in future to get nicer looking layers)

hmmmm maybe its not a TR issue, what other mods do you have installed? there could be an incompatability im not aware of. also what OS and are you using the 32-bit game?

The only one that could possibly effect it is Kerbal Engineer, because I've seen a few KopernicusTech mods that are incompatible with it. Full list is:

Kerbal Engineer.

Kerbal Alarmclock.

Joint Reinforcement.

Modular Rocket System.

Zero-point inline fairings.

And Deadly Reentry.

I'm on windows 7, using the 32 bit client.

Edited by Illumia-Star