Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

Why do profile pics/avatars and other things like banners seem to frequently show as blue boxes with ? in them? Im on mobile (iphone xr ios17) 99.9% of the time. Fwiw i dont recall the forums ever being this glitchy when they were vbulletin. The great purge of those days not withstanding ofc. Just wondering is all.

new page lol

Edited by AlamoVampire

7 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

Why do profile pics/avatars and other things like banners seem to frequently show as blue boxes with ? in them?

I think that usually means the link to those images is no longer functioning correctly.  For example, the link is broken.

Ive only seen it on mobile that i can currently recall but in fairness im typically on mobile 99.9% of the time because im too lazy to go to my computer some 30 feet from me. If i see it on pc ill let you guys know.

It did it again…  i tried posting AND editing from my pc but “were prepping the launch site” then couldnt edit because it said i couldnt then i got the launch site thing when i tried to dm the pics. 

z084aPP_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

Ios17 iphone xr

@Deddly @Vanamonde @Geonovast @18Watt

Edited by AlamoVampire

As I think I posted last year, I started making custom mugs using a sublimation printer and a Cricut mug press. Is it okay if I do a little market research / design feedback on these forums? Not to sell on these forums, of course, I'm sure it's not allowed here and besides, shipping is expensive so I only intend to sell locally at markets or Marketplace. I just want feedback on designs, whether people would consider buying them if they saw them for sale somewhere or suggestions for improvement, and naturally I would limit it to one thread for that purpose. 

@Dakota, Deddly is suggesting I should ask a Community Manager. So can I, please huh huh pleeeease?

Edited by StrandedonEarth

5 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

As I think I posted last year, I started making custom mugs using a sublimation printer and a Cricut mug press. Is it okay if I do a little market research / design feedback on these forums? Not to sell on these forums, of course, I'm sure it's not allowed here and besides, shipping is expensive so I only intend to sell locally at markets or Marketplace. I just want feedback on designs, whether people would consider buying them if they for sale somewhere or suggestions for improvement, and naturally I would limit it to one thread for that purpose. 

So can I, please huh huh pleeeease?

That's a good question. As forum moderators, we don't make decisions like that. I believe the only way to get permission would be to approach a community manager and get official approval. If I am mistaken, I'm sure one of my fellow moderators will correct me :)

• 2 weeks later...

How do I get bell notifications for threads I follow? I don’t want email notifications. I just want the bell icon at the top  to let me know a thread I follow has a new reply even if that reply doesn’t quote me or like anything I’ve said.

Edited by Biggen

On 1/25/2024 at 5:18 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

As I think I posted last year, I started making custom mugs using a sublimation printer and a Cricut mug press. Is it okay if I do a little market research / design feedback on these forums? Not to sell on these forums, of course, I'm sure it's not allowed here and besides, shipping is expensive so I only intend to sell locally at markets or Marketplace. I just want feedback on designs, whether people would consider buying them if they saw them for sale somewhere or suggestions for improvement, and naturally I would limit it to one thread for that purpose. 

@Dakota, Deddly is suggesting I should ask a Community Manager. So can I, please huh huh pleeeease?

On 1/25/2024 at 10:49 PM, Deddly said:

That's a good question. As forum moderators, we don't make decisions like that. I believe the only way to get permission would be to approach a community manager and get official approval. If I am mistaken, I'm sure one of my fellow moderators will correct me :)

I'm going to guess by the deafening silence that the answer is no...

7 hours ago, Biggen said:

How do I get bell notifications for threads I follow? I don’t want email notifications. I just want the bell icon at the top  to let me know a thread I follow has a new reply even if that reply doesn’t quote me or like anything I’ve said.

You can edit the settings here:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/notifications/options/

17 hours ago, Chemp said:

I must be dense. I still dont get bell notifications for content (threads) I’m following when a new post appears. I have to hit the “unread threads” at the top to browse all the new stuff that was posted since I was last here. I  only get bell notifications if someone liked my post or quoted me.

Strange.

Edited by Biggen

2 minutes ago, Biggen said:

I must be dense. I still dont get bell notifications for content (threads) I’m following when a new post appears. I have to hit the “unread threads” at the top to browse all the new stuff that was posted since I was last here. I  only get bell notifications if someone liked my post or quoted me.

Strange.

At the top of a page, or down the bottom left when you are writing a comment should be the option you can click to "Follow Topic"

7 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

At the top of a page, or down the bottom left when you are writing a comment should be the option you can click to "Follow Topic"

Yeah I have the threads followed.  I dunno.

5 hours ago, Biggen said:

Strange.

3IJEoUO.jpeg

I suppose that is the issue. Try un-following and re-following the threads.

Edited by Chemp

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

Hi, I was wondering what you usually do when moderating?

Read reports, discuss how to deal with them, then respond if called for, and poke around the forum looking for problems which haven't been reported. :)

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Read reports, discuss how to deal with them, then respond if called for, and poke around the forum looking for problems which haven't been reported. :)

keep up the good work

• 2 weeks later...

Why the discord tracker broke (again)?

Forget the why, it's informational only, not worthy of separate thread. Though it doesn't work more often than it does :sealed:

EDeet: nvm, someone made a thread

Edited by The Aziz