Top Gun AI - The Official Tournament Thread

Whoops, I thought flares were 2 pts each. It looks like I'm at 68 points... I think if 3 flares are removed that should bring it to 59 points. Sorry about that!

Going to work in a second, but I'll update the craft when I get back. That, or you can take 3 off, if you're so inclined :P

I have something rather special for my 5th and last plane. However, I need to spec it out to the latest points tally, which keeps changing.

Alphasus, could you update the post with the points system you've currently settled on and link it in your signature so we can find it?

AI balance isn't quite as good at the moment, so I wouldn't fret too much about the result.

Okay, this is my last submission to this challenge.

This time I went a totally different direction, did some homework, and found a plane that was a legendary dogfighter during the Korean War / early Vietnam era.

The F-86E.

screenshot23_2.png

This particular KSP craft is actually really close to the real thing performance and armament wise. The real plane is a transonic (mach 0.7 to 0.99) fighter with a single jet engine and has a max turning G of 6. This mock-up simulates that fairly close. The major difference is that the real plane had 6 single barrel machine guns (unsure of the calibre) and this mockup has twin Vulcans. I figured that was a good compromise.

The only added bit of options were a single box of flares and chaff. So she's so lean it's anorexic.

31 points total

-2X hidden Vulcans

-3X 20mm rounds

-1X Chaff

-1X flares

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/503746/CF-86%20Sabrejet.craft

EDIT: Wrong picture. My craft file has 3 boxes of 20mm rounds and two vulcans, not the 4 boxes and 4 vulcans in the picture and the main wings are different. Sorry about that. I'm away from my computer at the moment.

Edited by GDJ

Which entry would you like removed? I said earlier 2 entries per person so do you want the First plane or the second to be removed?

- - - Updated - - -

The other plane will be on a waiting list if no one else joins. I would recommend removing your first plane.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.