Venom FB4

Vought F4U Corsair

SE5 British Biplane

Hawker Hunter

zOnDr5d.png

zpRrerl.jpg

German Maus:

Recommended you read this* Download at bottom

Just a quick reminder, small details such as the tertiary gun have been removed for the simplicity and hopefully lag free experience. This tank is not suitable for driving around for extended periods of time for I was running out of time until the high school comes to me (or the opposite way around :confused:). That being said the turret is a big glitchy turning but shouldn't be too hard, (didn't make a really good bearing). The tank is really fun to show off and I believe it has 408 parts and survives a mortar shot coming at 120 meters per second to the top of the roof; no dmg was dealt only that the missile was obliterated by itself. Its contains 3 separate parts; Mantle or Mantlet, Turret, and Drive System. This should work for blender renderings too ;) I can give it a shot. This tank does NOT shoot projectiles (I find it odd for a tank to shoots its turret off a projectile and prototypes at which it fires things from the turret is nearly impossible since 1.0.4 doesn't like the stack seperatron offset inside the turret anymore...

One last thing, to turn your turret USE Q AND E. Same follows for Mantle

And the pictures may be cut off a shown by preview post.... I will most likely be updating this tank. Be aware another tank is already made with better bearings and its British. :P Stay tuned

Poke cannon BE OP @MadRocketScientist and glitchy

Phew... Now that's off my chest here's the pictures. Oh and one last thing

"Its large, its German, weighing over 200 tons and the American Chaffee light tanks would fear its armor because the Germans thought of an idea... put armor everywhere around the tank. Now this did come at the cost of a poor speed but hey its a MAUS (still working on the fenders and minor details) The production of these tanks might have changed the outcome of WWII but air superiority of the Americans put all but one MAUS to rest. What tank has 200 mm of armor on the top...... :) Happy Tanking and good luck on the battlefield"

fuZQHB7.png

Look at that gun depression!

PXvqW5e.png

wsQ186M.png

pg9eZz6.png

This beast can sniff the roses with that gun

xdst5Yq.png

See whats inside :)

k3V46na.png

I1dwJjS.png

Turret has wheels to help it move

ppTQdZQ.png

Lazy bearing

U0UWjFO.png

The booty

oGloxl4.png

Lastly the a pic to show proof of the tank surviving a stander mortar missle.

FdLNvpH.png

Download it here

Edited by ghostbuzzer7

:Update:

Blender Render

"As the Maus turns to meet its British contender". Can anyone guess the second tank? Its British, rear turreted tank with a nasty 122 mm. Significantly smaller width and height wise but size just makes the Maus an easier target :D

Happy tanking once again :) and I will keep you tuned later on this week.

W46WGn2.jpg

Chinese Light Tank "59-16"

wNFziU6.png

Paper thin armor as they'd call it, this tank is insanely fast to accelerate but it lacks armor, especially on the turret. However its armor cannot be penetrated easily by low caliber missiles. Your speed should allow you to circle any heavy tank with slow track traverse speed.

Tank Specs:

100% Stock bearing

Turret traverse speed: 52 degrees per second

Max speed: around 23 meters per second

Center of Mass: Below the hull of the tank *hard to flip*wNFziU6.png

6PCf4aw.png

Just look at that gun depression, drastically increasing the vehicles relative hull armor

77rHd5A.png

Compared to its Maus friend, you realize its absolutely SMALL.

SbeaRnZ.png

As depicted in this picture, you see the Maus doesn't have the gun depression to shoot the slick 59-16 making the Maus, raw steel.

1tJaEkZ.png

Download it here!

Edited by ghostbuzzer7

M24 Chaffee American Light Tank

XzaiLUV.jpg

Quick little thing: I've been posting a lot at the moment for tanks, although more are awaiting until release, expect the production pace to decrease when school starts.

[spoiler=Click here to see the stats and Download!! :)]

This tank has a bit more armor in comparison to its 59-16 friend in which lacks turret armor. The angled armor enables enemy shells to often ricochet, as long as they were of a small caliber and not depleted uranium rounds but those never existed in WWII... Now we shall discuss tank specs.

Turret Traverse Speed: 40 degrees per second

Max speed: 22.5 meters per second. Aka 79 km/h or 47 mph

Dual Torsion bar frontal suspension

65% mass in the rear

*hard to flip over*

10 degrees of gun depression off the side of the tank.

2 part configuration in which consists of the hull and turret, no Mantle

200 parts relatively lag free for most computers with good cpus :) *Sorry if you dont have one...*

Pictures:

Gun depression example.

Kg7HQK9.png

High detail

gr7Vw9R.png

In comparison to its 59-16 enemy

YMB8gC6.png

jH7YSrz.png

TKzMVvs.png

Heres what the chaffee can do, unlike the 59-16, it has gun depression even on the rear allowing it to shoot at enemy weakspots such as the engine, commander, driver, fuel tanks etc. and may'be the ammo rack.

9rnEntB.png

At the end of the day the chaffee crew would beat the 59-16 around 6/10 times. Due to better trained gun loaders and better traverse. Making the Americans victorious for now :)

Download it here!

Thanks just a quick unlisted video on YouTube for those who wish to see what I'm doing behind the scenes :)

Probably going to release the FV215b in an hour or so................................................ .............

Subscribe if you want, I'm not forcing you but it really helps out a lot and the feedback from other KSP goers.

Jagdpanzer E100

H1O2OhG.png

Thats the only picture I have..... Sorry but READ the description :P

This tank is nearly identical to the Maus but it doesn't have a rotatable turret. WHAT!!! You may ask how come?

Well this tank is not a heavy or light tank, its a Tank Destroyer and its mission is to snipe you with its deadly 170 mm gun *big enough to fit your whole body through the turret* that weighs almost 8 TONS!!!!

H1O2OhG.png

Thats the only picture I have but, its turret cannot turn making it easy bait for light tanks because the only way to turn that gun is by turning that sluggish tank, that's why they "snipe" you. 1 shot, 1 pile of steel. Don't ever put your face in front of that gun unless your commander and crew already ditched the vehicle.

Download it here!

Edited by ghostbuzzer7

FV215b British Heavy Tank

ja88kfr.png

Some say the key characteristic to a heavy tank is a gun and armor, the british understood this but Egyptian geometry allowed them to create a fast heavy tank. What!?! A fast heavy tank impossible, well come to think of it, Its not a MAUS carrying 250 mm of front armor on both the turret and hull. Nooo-oh-ho the British FV215b relied on something called relative armor thickness in which is determined by the angling of the armor toward the enemy, shells would ricochet off the well-angled side of this majestic tank.

WUkAf0y.png

The idea of a having a rear mounted turret allows the vehicle to sidescrape while showing minimal parts of the hull. Unlike front turret tanks, its hard for them to sidescrape without exposing most of there tank which could possibly lead to weakspots but the FV215b has none on the side!

1iq5yAh.png

78j6zXr.png

The only thing is it heavily lacks gun depression for this but hey this 122 mm gun with that long rifled barrel, you can ensure hits from miles out.

RcrrUfg.png

qSSTbVq.png

b1mUZaw.png

Download it here!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Woah, three tanks in one day, sorry if that's a bit overload. All 5 tanks released are the only ones I made. All other tanks in cue or listed in not released with a question mark. Production will be a lot less for the upcoming days. However, within this time feedback about the tanks or the thread would be greatly appreciated. :) Happy Tanking.

Awesome tank replicas, ghostbuzzer7! Repped :)

​Who dares rate this one-star?!

lol thanks columbia. Currently working on a T95 American Tank Destroyer but two versions one for this thread and the other to survive all the shots from a relentless E-3 tank, in fact I only got the track system working and its already 100 parts of armor and like 15 wheels.... We must put an end to that tanks anti-tank shells *Murica*

Didn't even realize the thread got 1 star for a moment

One quick thing though must be said, I have nothing against the E-3 nor its creator, I'm just saying its weakpoints as stated below, and telling you how I plan to beat this tank.... Then again if I can survive 6 anti-tank missiles in the front, that's something to be happy about :) This is just a friendly rivalry. Now continue to read :P

Pgm7JGO.png

As depicted in this picture, the E-3 does not have the gun depression, nor the shell angle to hit the slick M24 Chaffee, although the Chaffee Replica doesn't have any anti-tanks it could easily reach a stalemate against the E-3. Even in a duel the Chaffee should not be standing still truly testing the gunners accuracy with this gun. In addition, a sneak peak of the T95 still in the making, JUST LOOK HOW WIDE it is. It wont have a rotatable turret but... I might as well equip it with Anti-tank missles itself. This tank would be as small as the chaffee to avoid being shot. I feel happy to make this tank

Hope everything goes accordingly.

Edited by ghostbuzzer7

Chances are that some of you who've watched the recent teaser for this animation were a bit disappointed with the very abrupt ending *hopefully* So I present to you a scene on frame 839. Frame 839 is a scene right as the Chaffee drives up on of the sand dunes and is about to be getting some sick air time for a brief moment of time. All of the picture editing is made entirely within blender. I used motion blur, glare, and lens distortion to create this animation, this is just 1 frame of many :) Enjoy

vcb0zSd.jpg

You've got some funkyness in that shot in the terrain. Looks like it could use some subdivision/smooth shading.

Yeah there's some problem with the terrain. Used the ocean modifier, etc... I'm still working on particle effects and better definitive lighting, to show where the hills are.

Have you played around with the ANT Landscape addon? Makes fairly real landscapes fast and easy.

Well I've actually used an ocean modifier :blush:

Gave me great sandunes and I've had problems with Ant Landscape whereas the bar on the side disappears making you unable to edit it, then again you can probably go into compositing and do that but at the time, didn't so I went with ocean modifier and currently trying, edge split, roughness, smooth shading, and multiresolution modifiers

Displacements work well to give objects nice features. Either generic procedural ones you make by layering a subdivision surface on top of a few displacement modifiers or using an image based displacement made from Gimp/Photoshop/Crazybump etc.

Excited to see this animation!

Displacements work well to give objects nice features. Either generic procedural ones you make by layering a subdivision surface on top of a few displacement modifiers or using an image based displacement made from Gimp/Photoshop/Crazybump etc.

Excited to see this animation!

le1SXQv.png

This lighting sure looks a lot better :) Changed around with the texture coord's and background color and moved the lamp to point at the ground not the tank itself, I was actually thinking of just gimping lets say 120 frames out of the animation to create some sort of effect if necessary. Looks a bit better especially with the motion blur.

I'd check out this video

. It shows you how to properly setup a texture and might help you a ton here! Crazybump has a free trial or you can find some tutorials on making the various parts of the texture in Gimp.

Here is my quick and dirty texture for some sand using the above method.

a27RQKR.png

Cool little tanks, I like how you used the radiators.

Thank you. Initially I was going to use solar panels with rotations but the part count would be drastically increased and radiators are relatively the best option for fenders unless its a churchill.

​Surprise craft upload today!

T1 Cunningham American "Blueprint" Light Tank A.K.A. Uncle Sam's Tank

124K0kd.png

This tank has no armor and one penetrating shot would most likely go right through the bearing and out the back with little to no effort.

rUbE0VE.png

It does have a rotatable turret made from a 100% stock bearing that doesn't use wheels because that's how small this is.

3GsqKcv.png

This tank is American, likewise it's given 10* degress of gun depression and is given a 20 mm Birkigt Gun (Basically a huge machine gun) with a long rifled barrel. Only having 110 HP and its engine in the front this little guy can't reach speeds like the Chaffee. But to give you guys some fun I put two *Puff* engines to give you a Max speed of 20 meters per second but dont go over those tiny wheels can only handle 20 mps before they break.

hkdrp8l.png

This tank's tracks can be easily damaged so DONT do stunts with it.

eSNcxiU.png

Just speeding along. YOU MUST USE THOSE ENGINES ONLY WHEN ON A FLAT SURFACE.

8i66wBi.png

118 parts of part clipping heaven, and highly details body. Dimensions are 1.7 meters height, 1.9 meters width, and 2.5 meters length. Basically good luck hitting it from a long distance with a stock missile. It weighs 4.8 tons.

7Tpxvtu.png

And dont be like bob.... TREAT IT DELICATELY. IT BREAKS EASILY

4xfKHRH.png

So go pick one up TODAY! From Ghost's Depot.

Download it Here!!

Edited by ghostbuzzer7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.