[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

@CobaltWolf @Zorg Could we get a vacuum plume for the J-2 aerospikes? Kind of jarring how they remain in atmospheric plume no matter what alttiude.

zTQNiZT.png

There are dynamic plumes for both Waterfall and Realplume.

I dont have any intention of developing custom plumes for the stock system anymore.

5 minutes ago, Zorg said:

There are dynamic plumes for both Waterfall and Realplume.

I dont have any intention of developing custom plumes for the stock system anymore.

Huh, I am using waterfall, but as you can see, the arrospikes still have their aero plume.plumes.

Is my install bugged? 

You said you made a vacuum plume for the J-2 aerospike, right? 

Edited by GoldForest

8 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I am using waterfall.

Thats not the waterfall plume. If you have it installed there is something wrong with your installation. (or a mod conflict or something)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690553577524953158/1092429133054754827/image.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690553577524953158/1092429194589388841/image.png

Edited by Zorg

25 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Thats not the waterfall plume. If you have it installed there is something wrong with your installation. (or a mod conflict or something)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690553577524953158/1092429133054754827/image.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/690553577524953158/1092429194589388841/image.png

Weird. I'm sure waterfall works for the other J-2s. I'll do some investigation later. 

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Weird. I'm sure waterfall works for the other J-2s. I'll do some investigation later. 

Are you using the normal J-2 aerospike or the J-2T 400k?

The J-2 400k has no Waterfall plume, i changed that by just copying the normal J-2T plume and assigning it to the J-2T 400k.

49 minutes ago, Davi SDF said:

The J-2 400k has no Waterfall plume, i changed that by just copying the normal J-2T plume and assigning it to the J-2T 400k.

Ah, I am using the upgraded version yeah. 

1 hour ago, Davi SDF said:

J-2T 400K? Is that from one of the BDB extras?

Not having the same problems BTW, just the first time I'm hearing about this version of the J-2 from the mod.

3 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

J-2T 400K? Is that from one of the BDB extras?

Not having the same problems BTW, just the first time I'm hearing about this version of the J-2 from the mod.

Yes, the BDB Extra of J-2T400k

10 hours ago, Davi SDF said:

Yep I did say the other day that the J-2T-400K needed some work yes? :D

I will put it on my to-do list for this weekend

But when I am done with it, it will be an upgrade selection on the standard J-2T (I think I remember how to do that!)

Edited by Pappystein

A flexible 3 stage launch vehicle, with an optional HAPS monopropellant 4th stage, Pegasus is the ideal smallsat launcher. As long as you have a carrier vehicle, you can strap Pegasus to it and launch from anywhere, to any inclination!

Pegasus is also suitable for a variety of mission requirements as it doesn't require a fixed launchsite! If your payload fits, Pegasus will get it to space.

Available along with the Minotaur/Minuteman rocket family, in the development branch of BDB!

aQh8DDB.pngHdjosxt.pngIgqCs2T.pngJ6R2dkh.png9J4p3ie.pngbDMtDHO.pngJ8dVUqL.pngTmeC9sN.png

Edited by TrackerAerospace

13 minutes ago, TrackerAerospace said:

A flexible 3 stage launch vehicle, with an optional HAPS monopropellant 4th stage, Pegasus is the ideal smallsat launcher. As long as you have a launch vehicle, you can strap Pegasus to it and launch from anywhere, to any inclination!

Pegasus is also suitable for a variety of mission requirements as it doesn't require a fixed launchsite! If your payload fits, Pegasus will get it to space.

Available along with the Minotaur/Minuteman rocket family, in the development branch of BDB!

aQh8DDB.pngHdjosxt.pngIgqCs2T.pngJ6R2dkh.png9J4p3ie.pngbDMtDHO.pngJ8dVUqL.pngTmeC9sN.png

Can I get that craft file for the L-1011?

Edited by GoldForest

i found an issue with the flame texture on E-1 and E-1 mark 2 engine. when started and for a good bit into accent there's a purple chunk (see screenshot)(edited to cover discord overlay).  I do have both real plume and water fall so idk if its from something with one of those or with the default one from here.
https://imgur.com/a/Py8bPKS

Edited by DaOPCreeper

Any tips on getting more than one BDSEP sets to a site effectively?  I know only one is going to be usable in any one area; but parking a lander strateled o  two or maybe three zones seems like a smart way to get them set up.

Edited by RocketBoy1641

18 hours ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

Any tips on getting more than one BDSEP sets to a site effectively?  I know only one is going to be usable in any one area; but parking a lander strateled o  two or maybe three zones seems like a smart way to get them set up.

If you want to bring more than one set to the same landing site, it's probably best to design your own cargo lander using inventory containers. There are a lot of surface experiment parts in BDB, and more if you also include the stock ones (most of which are based on Apollo surface experiments anyway), and it's not really possible to fit even one copy of everything into the same lunar module, much less multiple copies.

That said, getting all of the surface experiments set up is incentive to run multiple Apollo missions. Each real Apollo mission carried a variety of different experiments, rather than the same selection but repeatedly deployed elsewhere on the lunar surface.

17 hours ago, Czejenesku said:

Which folders shall I keep to get only full Saturn and Apollo experience? Only those and upgrades config?

all depends on what you mean by "full Saturn and Apollo experience"    If you mean Just getting to the moon/mun then you are probably mostly correct.  

If you mean Advanced Saturn Projects then you actually kinda need the Gemini and MORL stuff.

Having not ever pruned BDB I am not 100% certain...  You will want the solid motor folder for certain however.

And of course you need the Pafftek Folder in the extras...   For AZ50/NTO on your Apollo Capsule and Moon Lander  :D  *gratuitous self promotion*

Probably a more correct for all Saturn flown flights (IRL) would be:

Aero, APAS, Apollo, Centaur, Engines, Generic, LDC, SAF_Fairings, Saturn, Science, Shard, Skylab, Solids, Timberwind (for the nuke engines) LaunchClamps (unless you are utilizing another mod for good Launchclamps)

Edited by Pappystein

On 4/5/2023 at 2:50 PM, septemberWaves said:

If you want to bring more than one set to the same landing site, it's probably best to design your own cargo lander using inventory containers. There are a lot of surface experiment parts in BDB, and more if you also include the stock ones (most of which are based on Apollo surface experiments anyway), and it's not really possible to fit even one copy of everything into the same lunar module, much less multiple copies.

That said, getting all of the surface experiments set up is incentive to run multiple Apollo missions. Each real Apollo mission carried a variety of different experiments, rather than the same selection but repeatedly deployed elsewhere on the lunar surface.

Ya, that is what I have sitting in my builds right now.  I thought the J type inventory add on would work well sticking four around a lander with the truck set up; but those go the same place the truck RCS goes.  I will toy some more with the ideas and see if I can find anything less uglified than a stock inventory round on top of a LM truck.