[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Zorg or @Invaderchaos any thoughts? I was never happy with the truss interstage, though I might be able to redo it in the style of the one I made for Saturn Centaur.

I guess its gotten a bit long in tooth. Someone should do it :P. It wasnt on the Atlas V sheet so the issue hasnt been forced yet.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Zorg said:

I guess its gotten a bit long in tooth. Someone should do it :P. It wasnt on the Atlas V sheet so the issue hasnt been forced yet.

Didn't it just start as the Atlas-Centaur Inter-stage, and it was kind of the practice of "we are going to use multiple models/meshes and B9Part Switch on it?"

We need it longer,  We need it without Centaur connections and we need it as a bare truss...    As I recall atleast

Edited by Pappystein

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Zorg said:

We're getting close

HbmLurC.png

yOuUZ27.jpeg

FlPAoTq.jpeg

Zem5bfj.png

Some engine mount details

egHm3ee.png

FOk5E3l.jpeg

OisdhJG.jpeg

g7cxrR0.png

Doncha know you are not supposed to post photos directly from ULA?

:P

Looks amazing Zorg!

Ox line Fabric work is :Perfetto:

Edited by Pappystein

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Some engine mount details

That letter "E" at the end of "BDB in russkiy" is especially cursed for me.
I don't know which app was used for this, but even 4th grader in Russia would do a better job "translating"
It is pure linguistic abomination.

And what on Earth, Mars and Venus is this "flighp" at the boattail? What have slavic languages done to you?!?!?! 

Edited by ra4nd0m

3 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

That letter "E" at the end of "BDB in russkiy" is especially cursed for me.
I don't know which app was used for this, but even 4th grader in Russia would do a better job "translating"
It is pure linguistic abomination.

And what on Earth, Mars and Venus is this "flingh" at the boattail? What have slavic languages done to you?!?!?! 

It's beautiful, isn't it?

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

It's beautiful, isn't it?

"slaps an enormous abomination built from countless bodies, knee high in blood, after prolonged dark magic necromantic ritual"

12 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

There is a word for it, "transliteration". Essentially its just English with the letters transposed into Cyrillic.

40 minutes ago, Zorg said:

"transliteration"

I know, just my brain did a funny and forgot this word...
I wonder what the next update will be named... atlas shrugged?)

6 hours ago, Pappystein said:

My most reacent launch (pictures up this page,) was an Atlas D with an Agena-C/ShuttleAgena/Agena2000 built from Atlas-Vega parts, a hypergol fuel patch and the Bell LR81 8096 engine. 

Siiiiiiigh...

I remember asking the BDB Crew for this thing. I've even posted its drawings from NASA paper (These were for Shuttle-Agena). Sadly, nothing had materialized.

I know I can make one from existing parts (and I did! and I even tried to fly it on SOCK Shuttle!), but... sigh.

28 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

I remember asking the BDB Crew

I remember asking the BDB crew for a fish, but then the taught me to fish.  Now I'm in the middle of the Amazon looking for a Monster Arapaima locals believe has been capsizing fishing boats.  I'm Jeremy Wade and you're watching River Monsters.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

Since you guys alway have the text on American parts in cyrillic shouldn't the text on here be in english?

It looked very wrong when I did that. Just didn't look nice to me.

Edited by Zorg

Preliminary Waterfall FX for the SERJ engine. Already looking much much better!

B7cduHQ.png
kQAmV0b.png

8 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

Since you guys alway have the text on American parts in cyrillic shouldn't the text on here be in english?

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

It looked very wrong when I did that. Just didn't look nice to me.

A pity, that's actually a good idea

16 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Siiiiiiigh...

I remember asking the BDB Crew for this thing. I've even posted its drawings from NASA paper (These were for Shuttle-Agena). Sadly, nothing had materialized.

I know I can make one from existing parts (and I did! and I even tried to fly it on SOCK Shuttle!), but... sigh.

Sadly we have to prioritize and make calls about scope, at least for a given work-cycle.

16 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

I remember asking the BDB crew for a fish, but then the taught me to fish.  Now I'm in the middle of the Amazon looking for a Monster Arapaima locals believe has been capsizing fishing boats.  I'm Jeremy Wade and you're watching River Monsters.

This guy gets it!

6 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Unity joins Challenger.

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

So cool that we can actually build ETS Freedom now!

26 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

So cool that we can actually build ETS Freedom now!

Not really... we're missing the Solar truss for ETS Freedom, which is a lot smaller than ISS solar truss.

Benjee says he has no interest in making the truss as well. We'll have to use the oversized ISS truss.... unless some mod that already has ETS stuff makes the truss themselves... *wink wink nudge nudge* I kid, of course. 

But yeah, the 3.75 parts allow to kitbash Challenger and the 3.75m Kibo and 3.75m centerfuge.

Posted (edited)

I can't seem to figure out which parts do what experiments, like the LM materials panel i thought would do materials study but it does radiation, so i don't know which experiments are redundant on my craft.

image.png?ex=66614ca7&is=665ffb27&hm=4d1

I wouldn't expect "Study Material Samples" to be a Geiger counter, sounds much more like the materials bay. Can make trying to figure out science parts confusing.

Edited by Madeline
Image to illustrate point, grammer error.

1 hour ago, Madeline said:

I can't seem to figure out which parts do what experiments, like the LM materials panel i thought would do materials study but it does radiation, so i don't know which experiments are redundant on my craft.

I wouldn't expect "Study Material Samples" to be a Geiger counter, sounds much more like the materials bay. Can make trying to figure out science parts confusing.

What I do when building craft with science experiments is use the mod [x] Science!, which has a science overview that has a live updating list of experiments available on your craft, so you can see what's actually getting added when you place a new part, or see if nothing new shows up when you add a new part.

image.png?ex=66616069&is=66600ee9&hm=11b0d0d482b667548371f21d0456111e2716b8e7bac5e994ec203100b1c63466&=

As for that part being a cosmic ray experiment, it may be to do with balance for the mass (in which case it needs a description update), or it could just be an oversight when the part was being made lol

Posted (edited)

P1 Truss attached to Freedom. Yes. The entire thing is the P1 truss. The ETS Freedom Truss has only 5 parts to it. S0, which is (supposed) to launch with Challenger. P1, S1, P2, S2. 

Also, ignore the solar panel clipping the radiator... I... didn't realize these were non-closing solar panels when I chose them... problem is they are the closest panels I have to the depictions... also, ignore the fact that S0 changed shape and size... (The small one wasn't going to work out...)

Also, for those wondering, yes, the station is oriented correctly. The solar truss is "hung" from the station like this. 

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

TFVy6kS.png

CxgXeVA.png

SGrlbTt.png

sVcMPCi.png

Lh6rldr.png

Edit: Cheated a new station up with Benjee's Tantares Solar Panel, so no more clipping.
mnMpohi.png

Edited by GoldForest

7 hours ago, Madeline said:

Oh cool thanks, will check that out!

Yeah it's cfg file was based on a different part when made, and missed getting updated. It'll be much more like the LM MESA part next update (or on dev now) with a low transmission material bay and a camera.