The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Well, I finally got my car back, and spent the last couple days catching up with real life. But I also got most of the next chapter written in my head, so it wasn't a complete loss. Just need to work out a couple details. :)

On 12/1/2016 at 5:57 PM, obney kerman said:

I bet he becomes a kraken... :( RIP

On 12/1/2016 at 10:06 AM, KAL 9000 said:

I want a KAL in the story! :cool: 

JK :wink:

Ahhh, be careful what you wish for... :sticktongue:

On 12/1/2016 at 9:06 AM, KAL 9000 said:

I want a KAL in the story! :cool: 

JK :wink:

No KAL 9000, they don't need a Kerbalisticaly programmed ALgorithmic computer because it was never a good design to begin with because it could not work with conflicting data. And Emiko has a lot of conflicting data in her story. And Hal 9000 killed all the crew to try and make his mind not have conflicting data because he was told to hide information from the crew and he was programmed to not hide or distort data.:huh:

Does anyone know if there is a way, or perhaps a mod, that stops the game from deleting debris? In other words, if I drop a ship and break it into a bunch of little junk pieces, is there a way to make sure the game doesn't delete the little pieces when I go back to the space center?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Garibaldi2257 said:

upgrade max persistent debris in the settings.  and get rid of other debris as well.

Ahhh, I didn't know there was a max persistent debris setting. I just re-set it to 5000, that ought to do it.

Thank you! :)

15 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Does anyone know if there is a way, or perhaps a mod, that stops the game from deleting debris? In other words, if I drop a ship and break it into a bunch of little junk pieces, is there a way to make sure the game doesn't delete the little pieces when I go back to the space center?

Thanks!

Does someone crash?

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Hehehe... And with the question just asked by @Just Jim I eagerly await the next installment!

I can't do much today, there a cold front moving thru. It's not raining bad, but it's been really windy, and like usual it's starting to play havoc with our power.

But I'm already about 50% done, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

All I'm saying about the next chapter is it'll be fun, and not nearly as dark as the last couple chapters have been. :)

Just now, Just Jim said:

I can't do much today, there a cold front moving thru. It's not raining bad, but it's been really windy, and like usual it's starting to play havoc with our power.

But I'm already about 50% done, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

All I'm saying about the next chapter is it'll be fun, and not nearly as dark as the last couple chapters have been. :)

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... EEEEEvery where you gooooo...

6 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... EEEEEvery where you gooooo...

Yes and no.

I know I just did a Halloween chapter, but Halloween I can get away with a lot. I have to be much more careful about Christmas. Quite simply, without getting into specific religion or culture, I have several friends that celebrate this time of year, but not Christmas itself. And there are a lot of people reading this from all over the world who might not either. So yes, I want to something fun because of the time of year, but out of respect I won't have Emiko throwing a Christmas party, so to speak.

:)

7 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Yes and no.

I know I just did a Halloween chapter, but Halloween I can get away with a lot. I have to be much more careful about Christmas. Quite simply, without getting into specific religion or culture, I have several friends that celebrate this time of year, but not Christmas itself. And there are a lot of people reading this from all over the world who might not either. So yes, I want to something fun because of the time of year, but out of respect I won't have Emiko throwing a Christmas party, so to speak.

No problem... here's an idea what to call that winter holiday season on Kerbin...

9 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Yes and no.

Well maybe it could be Kerb-mas party! That way, the Kerbals (Who (I think) Worship the Kerblord) could have their own religion and not offend anyone from across the globe.

43 minutes ago, Jarin said:

"Generic winter festival" is typically a workable story point.

Except Kerbin isn't tilted and doesn't have winter, or seasons, like the Earth. I've actually given this a lot of thought. Because they don't have seasons, they might not even know for sure how long a year was until someone got into space and could make some observations.

So I'm thinking if Kerbins do have holidays, they would be radically different than ours.

15 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Might they celebrate seller alignments and conjunctions of Kerbol-orbiting bodies? Jool, like Jupiter, would appear in retrograde one every Kerbin-year...

Or the once-a Münth total Kerbolar eclipse?