How to make a mod?

Hey guys, how's it going, I've got another question (yes, i have been only asking questions and playing ksp for like the past 5 hours.)

How do I create mods for Kerbal Space Program? I made an Engine model, but how do I unwrap it and make it work in Kerbal Space Program?

Oh yeah, just remembered one thing that might help, I'm using Wings 3D

GUYS!!!! IM TRYING TO MAKE A PLANET! I HAVE HORRIBLE GRAPHICS CARDS AND THEY WONT UPDATE, SO I CANT USE SPACE ENGINE! But anyways I need help, how do i make a texture, normal, and height map??? Once I learn that I can make a planet (that hopefully works)

Also, If I need modeling software to do it, I have Wings 3D, and for picture editing, i have GIMP (Because I have no money to get the good programs [even tho Wings 3D is pretty good])

2 hours ago, Axilourous said:

GUYS!!!! IM TRYING TO MAKE A PLANET! I HAVE HORRIBLE GRAPHICS CARDS AND THEY WONT UPDATE, SO I CANT USE SPACE ENGINE! But anyways I need help, how do i make a texture, normal, and height map??? Once I learn that I can make a planet (that hopefully works)

Also, If I need modeling software to do it, I have Wings 3D, and for picture editing, i have GIMP (Because I have no money to get the good programs [even tho Wings 3D is pretty good])

Then go talk to the Addon forums. Addon Discussions is a good place to start. A tip: never post in Addon Development until you actually have a working product, or at least something in-game.

I've been where you are before-- trust me when I say start small. Do the engine first. Don't jump to Kopernicus planets (they are pretty difficult for a newcomer tbh, speaking from experience)

Edited by njmksr

16 hours ago, njmksr said:

Then go talk to the Addon forums. Addon Discussions is a good place to start. A tip: never post in Addon Development until you actually have a working product, or at least something in-game.

I've been where you are before-- trust me when I say start small. Do the engine first. Don't jump to Kopernicus planets (they are pretty difficult for a newcomer tbh, speaking from experience)

ok

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.