What to do with WIP -> release?

Hello folks, just a pair of questions :).

1) I see that many people link in their signatures the forum threads related with their own addons. Some of these links are in the form 

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/thread/6digits

but, when I enter my own thread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/155653-wip122-realisticcomponents-suite-02-02-17/, I get this very long and bad URL; this is pretty annoying, also because it contains the title of my thread, which changes from time to time because I like to put there the date of my last update. How can I obtain the 6-digit code to refer to the thread independently of its title?

2) My RealisticComponents Suite is still WIP. As soon as I move to the release, do I have to keep the WIP thread in Add-on Development and create in parallel a new thread in Add-on Releases, or is it better to delete the one in Add-on Development and keep just the new Add-on Releases thread?

Thanks in advance!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.