Konstellation HLV

DocBones

28 minutes ago, hieywiey said:

Is USILS support planned?

Hi Hieywiey,

Yes it is, o need to get the parts balanced first. As you have noticed the current ls is very unbalanced. I beg your patience, it will be available soon.

Oh man HATS off to you SIR! you don't know how much I wanted this... and i only discover it today and I'm amaze by it! It was my "wet dream" since i started playing KSP back in 2013. Awesome job you did here and please keep up the good work and finish the project! Cheers mate! RESPECT!!!

P.S. any chance for some ship/subassembly files :D

Edited by raptor30

12 minutes ago, raptor30 said:

Oh man HATS off to you SIR! you don't know how much I wanted this... and i only discover it today and I'm amaze by it! It was my "wet dream" since i started playing KSP back in 2013. Awesome job you did here and please keep up the good work and finish the project! Cheers mate! RESPECT!!!

Hi Raptor,

Many thanks for your kind words, it's always good to know people are enjoying my work. Please know that I will finish the project, unfortunately these things take time and have to be balanced with work. Just follow me on spacedock and you'll be notified of updates. How is that Rover delivery system working for you? Any suggestions are welcome. Just no comments to the texturing (I really suck at texturing). I hope to balance the parts next week and add support for usils.

No worries man take your time you are doing a good job... nothing to say about textures they are ok the fact that the parts are here and working it is very good for me :) i didn't had the time to test them properly that's why I was asking for the ship files cause it will take some time to document about putting them together and do the mission to Mars... I meant Duna  :))

Just now, raptor30 said:

No worries man take your time you are doing a good job... nothing to say about textures they are ok the fact that the parts are here and working it is very good for me :) i didn't had the time to test them properly that's why I was asking for the ship files cause it will take some time to document about putting them together and do the mission to Mars... I meant Duna  :))

Yeah, on that point I have to give you reason. I think I will write a small tutorial on what goes where. I can tell you this though. The aeroshell, stage heatshield to separate directly after the parachutes deploy, then separate the aeroshell and adapter, this prevents you from flying into the heatshield. I am out on business right now, but I'll send you some craft files next week.

So I'm back with some feedback. The lenders works flawless! so far I tested the rover lender and the ascent stage and no problems I'm quite amazed by them :)    The bugs that I came across are: the science lab has a bug that you can see the interior like little holes in it... is like you push the button to see the kerbals inside but that is not activated. The second one is the nuke engine it has no plume and no sound... i took a peak in the cfg file and seen that there is audio and plume fx config for it but I can't see them in the game. That's about it. Still grate job with the parts! 

P.S. there is no sound and plume to all 3 engines... i thought initially that is because of a mod that i have but i installed the mod on a clean ksp install and it is the same... no sound and no plume... what could be the reason for this?

Edited by raptor30

13 hours ago, raptor30 said:

So I'm back with some feedback. The lenders works flawless! so far I tested the rover lender and the ascent stage and no problems I'm quite amazed by them :)    The bugs that I came across are: the science lab has a bug that you can see the interior like little holes in it... is like you push the button to see the kerbals inside but that is not activated. The second one is the nuke engine it has no plume and no sound... i took a peak in the cfg file and seen that there is audio and plume fx config for it but I can't see them in the game. That's about it. Still grate job with the parts! 

P.S. there is no sound and plume to all 3 engines... i thought initially that is because of a mod that i have but i installed the mod on a clean ksp install and it is the same... no sound and no plume... what could be the reason for this?

Hi Raptor,

Going to reply to your post again, something went wrong the first time, unsure if it posted or not.

I'm glad to now the lander are working well for you.

As for the bugs:

Science lab: Can you send me a screenshot of the science lab problem. Possible another mod might be interfering. I have had no other reports of the problem, so seeing it in action might help find the root.

Engines: I had a similar problem a while ago, I uninstalled the game completely and deleted all mods. Reinstalled and added the mods, this solved the problem for me. I am not experiencing any problems in my dev enviroment or my actual game and have had no reports of this problem other than yours. Possibly try and uninstall and reinstall like did to resolve the issue. Also send me a list of the mods you use, possible there is another mod interfering.

Are the frame, aeroshell and ascent module RCS effects working?   

Hi DocBones! the frame and aeroshells RCS works correctly!

that's about it... as for the engines i tried them in a fresh install of KSP and they still have no plume and sound...

Ok the bug from the science compartment is fixed now it was because of a mod but the engines are the same... I will try like you say to uninstall everything

Edit 2: tested again and nothing all I had was this mod and nothing else... same thing, the rcs works i can hear the sound but it doesn't have no effect like smoke coming out of it.

Is there a dependency that I should know about it cause in the stock game there is no liquid hydrogen...

Edit 3: almost everything is ok now! I have sound's and plume to all engines and rcs working as it should! I bet everyone who downloaded the mod HAS the same problem as I did. When downloading from CKAN or Github the folder in game data it is called "HLV2" and when you lunch the parts in game the game try to find audio and fx files in Moonprint/HLV2/.... in this case the folder name "Moonprint" dose not exist (look in the screenshot above) so i just made a new folder named "Moonprint" in gamedata folder and put HLV2 inside it and all is fixed! only one error now:

Edit 4: So I fixed the last error:

in HLV2_Hydrogen_Tank cfg

MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
            {
                modelName = Moonprint/HLV2/FRAME/RCSFX
                transformName = RCSthruster
                emission = 0.0 0.0
                emission = 0.1 0.0
                emission = 1.0 1.0
                speed = 0.0 0.8
                speed = 2.0 2.0
                //localRotation = 0, 0, 0

should be:

MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
            {
                modelName = Moonprint/HLV2/FRAME/FRAME/RCSFX
                emission = 0.0 0.0
                emission = 0.1 0.0
                emission = 1.0 1.0
                speed = 0.0 0.8
                speed = 2.0 2.0

That's all. Now everything works like a charm :D

Edited by raptor30

On 5/6/2017 at 1:58 PM, raptor30 said:

Hi DocBones! the frame and aeroshells RCS works correctly!

that's about it... as for the engines i tried them in a fresh install of KSP and they still have no plume and sound...

Ok the bug from the science compartment is fixed now it was because of a mod but the engines are the same... I will try like you say to uninstall everything

Edit 2: tested again and nothing all I had was this mod and nothing else... same thing, the rcs works i can hear the sound but it doesn't have no effect like smoke coming out of it.

Is there a dependency that I should know about it cause in the stock game there is no liquid hydrogen...

Edit 3: almost everything is ok now! I have sound's and plume to all engines and rcs working as it should! I bet everyone who downloaded the mod HAS the same problem as I did. When downloading from CKAN or Github the folder in game data it is called "HLV2" and when you lunch the parts in game the game try to find audio and fx files in Moonprint/HLV2/.... in this case the folder name "Moonprint" dose not exist (look in the screenshot above) so i just made a new folder named "Moonprint" in gamedata folder and put HLV2 inside it and all is fixed! only one error now:

Edit 4: So I fixed the last error:

in HLV2_Hydrogen_Tank cfg

MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
            {
                emission = 0.0 0.0
                emission = 0.1 0.0
                emission = 1.0 1.0
                speed = 0.0 0.8
                speed = 2.0 2.0

should be:

MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
            {
                modelName = Moonprint/HLV2/FRAME/FRAME/RCSFX
                emission = 0.0 0.0
                emission = 0.1 0.0
                emission = 1.0 1.0
                speed = 0.0 0.8
                speed = 2.0 2.0

That's all. Now everything works like a charm :D

Hi Raptor,

Many thanks for your hard work. I just got home and went straight to the PC to see what I did wrong. I apparently copied the wrong folder and uploaded it. My apologies to all. I will correct the issue and upload an updated and corrected file tomorrow. Once again my apologies and many thanks to Raptor for his persistence.

Community resource pack is required for the Liquid hydrogen.

Edited by DocBones

10 hours ago, DocBones said:

Hi Raptor,

Many thanks for your hard work. I just got home and went straight to the PC to see what I did wrong. I apparently copied the wrong folder and uploaded it. My apologies to all. I will correct the issue and upload an updated and corrected file tomorrow. Once again my apologies and many thanks to Raptor for his persistence.

Community resource pack is required for the Liquid hydrogen.

No problem man glad I could help! One more bug with the aeroshell test (the one with 6  holes in it) the rcs doesn't work... here is the error in the log:

21 minutes ago, raptor30 said:

No problem man glad I could help! One more bug with the aeroshell test (the one with 6  holes in it) the rcs doesn't work... here is the error in the log:

Hi Raptor,

Thanks for the heads up once again. The holed heatshield was an experiment and I have since been convinced to keep it in the pack. I will repair it and submit a working version.

It also need retexturing;)

Edited by DocBones

Quick question:

So, nuclear engines are supposed to be pretty efficient, right? So why does it use up all of the liquid hydrogen in a matter of seconds? That's far from efficient! 

Now, if they were extremely powerful, then the power would be a tradeoff for efficiency, but it's not that powerful.

I don't have the specific stats right now, but I can't make any burns to Duna without activating infinite fuel.

Note: I haven't downloaded the most recent version because it appears to only be a change in the folder hierarchy. If it also fixed the engines, then let me know and I'll download the new version.

I think the solution would be to change efficiency. That's what nuclear engines are for, right? They shouldn't guzzle fuel faster than an F-1 engine.

Adding more fuel will just make it harder to launch and offset the CoM.

@DocBones

Realy nice work. If i may insist it would be great to have support for Configurable Containers from allista for the containers on the lander. It will become a interesting support option for base building this way?

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

51 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

Quick question:

So, nuclear engines are supposed to be pretty efficient, right? So why does it use up all of the liquid hydrogen in a matter of seconds? That's far from efficient! 

Now, if they were extremely powerful, then the power would be a tradeoff for efficiency, but it's not that powerful.

I don't have the specific stats right now, but I can't make any burns to Duna without activating infinite fuel.

Note: I haven't downloaded the most recent version because it appears to only be a change in the folder hierarchy. If it also fixed the engines, then let me know and I'll download the new version.

I think the solution would be to change efficiency. That's what nuclear engines are for, right? They shouldn't guzzle fuel faster than an F-1 engine.

Adding more fuel will just make it harder to launch and offset the CoM.

Hi Raptor,

The engines have a relatively high ISP

atmosphereCurve
            {
                key = 0 2780
                key = 1 2740
            }

Check that these numbers match your cfg file. After reading your post I went in game to test. I burn to Duna with a start Dv of 4500ms and get to duna with a similar Dv after completing the orbital capture burn I am just under half a tank.

So here is what might be happening:

1. The values above have been changed for some reason. Open the cfg file and check, if so change them to the above values.

2. Interference from another mod (unlikely) I literally have a ton of mods installed and all is working well.

3. You have turned down the fuel slider in the VAB by mistake thus reducing your fuel supply the tank should hold arroung 600000 units. Slide the fuel slider to max.

Let me know how it goes. Also send me some screen shots or the ccfg file, or better yet kerbal engineer stats, so I can better help you.

50 minutes ago, Urses said:

@DocBones

Realy nice work. If i may insist it would be great to have support for Configurable Containers from allista for the containers on the lander. It will become a interesting support option for base building this way?

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Hi Urses,

Thank you. I will be working on some patches this weekend for USILS amongst others. These things will become available as the mod grows.

1. Why did you include the atmosphere curve?

2. The fuel slider is at max.

Here's the config for the fuel tank:

Spoiler

PART
{
    //--- general parameters ---
    name = HLV2_Hydrogen_Tank
    module = Part
    author = DocBones

// --- asset parameters ---
    scale = 1.0
    rescaleFactor = 1.0
    mesh = HLV2_LH2TANK.mu

// --- node definitions ---
    // definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
    NODE
    {
        name = bottom
        transform = nodeCone
    }

NODE
    {
        name = bottom1
        transform = nodeEngine1
    }

NODE
    {
        name = bottom2
        transform = nodeEngine2
    }

NODE
    {
        name = bottom3
        transform = nodeEngine3
    }

NODE
    {
        name = top
        transform = nodeTop
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleProbeControlPoint
        minimumCrew = 0
        multiHop = True
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCommand
        minimumCrew = 0
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 0.08
        }
        hasHibernation = True
        hibernationMultiplier = 0.00125
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 300
        maxAmount = 300
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleReactionWheel
        PitchTorque = 25
        YawTorque = 25
        RollTorque = 25
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 0.15
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSAS
        SASServiceLevel = 3
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleKerbNetAccess
        MinimumFoV = 5
        MaximumFoV = 90
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDataTransmitter
        antennaType = INTERNAL
        packetInterval = 1.0
        packetSize = 2
        packetResourceCost = 12.0
        requiredResource = ElectricCharge
        antennaPower = 5000
        optimumRange = 2500
        packetFloor = .1
        packetCeiling = 5
    }    

TechRequired = advFuelSystems
    entryCost = 4500
    cost = 1000
    category = FuelTank
    subcategory = 0
    title = HLV Hydrogen Tank
    manufacturer = MoonPrint Ind.
    description = Orbital transfer tank. Attach 3 Nuclear engines to the bottom and you're off. Launched upside down and docks to the HLV Aeroshell in orbit.
    tags = moon HLV Hydrogen Tank

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
    attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
    mass = 2.5
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.2
    angularDrag = 2
    crashTolerance = 12
    maxTemp = 6000
    bulkheadProfiles = size4

fuelCrossFeed = False

breakingForce = 175000
    breakingTorque = 175000

stageOffset = 1
    childStageOffset = 1

buoyancy = 0.5
    buoyancyUseSine = False

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleToggleCrossfeed
        crossfeedStatus = true
        toggleEditor = true
        toggleFlight = true
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = LqdHydrogen
        amount = 630000
        maxAmount = 630000
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = LiquidFuel
        amount = 133
        maxAmount = 133
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxidizer
        amount = 162
        maxAmount = 162
    }

EFFECTS
    {
        running
        {
            AUDIO_MULTI_POOL
            {
                channel = Ship
                clip = sound_rocket_spurts
                volume = 0.0 0.0
                volume = 0.1 0.0
                volume = 0.5 0.025
                volume = 2.5 0.1
                pitch = 0.0 0.75
                pitch = 1.0 1.5
                loop = true
            }
            MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
            {
                emission = 0.0 0.0
                emission = 0.1 0.0
                emission = 1.0 1.0
                speed = 0.0 0.8
                speed = 2.0 2.0
            }
        }        
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleRCSFX
        thrustVectorTransformName = RCSthruster
        runningEffectName = running
        exhaustDamage = True
        thrusterPower = 25
        heatProduction = 200

PROPELLANT
            {
                name = LiquidFuel
                ratio = 0.9
                DrawGauge = True
            }

PROPELLANT
            {
                name = Oxidizer
                ratio = 1.1
            }

atmosphereCurve
            {
                key = 0 1580
                key = 1 1540
            }
        }    
    }
}

And the nuclear engine:

Spoiler

PART
{
    name = HLV2_NUKE
    module = Part
    author = DocBones
    rescaleFactor = 1
    TechRequired = highPerformanceFuelSystems
    entryCost = 46600
    cost = 13000
    Mesh = HLV2_NUKE.mu
    category = Propulsion
    subcategory = 0
    title = MP-HLV-N500
    manufacturer = Moonprint
    description = NTR engines for that boring transfer to Duna and beyond. WARNING: TENDS TO LEAK NUCLEAR WASTE!
    attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0
    mass = 1.5
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.3
    angularDrag = 2
    crashTolerance = 6
    breakingForce = 400
    breakingTorque = 400
    maxTemp = 2000 // = 2900
    PhysicsSignificance = 0
    stageOffset = 1
    childStageOffset = 1
    bulkheadProfiles = size3, srf
    tags = fuel fueltank ?lfo propellant rocket moon HLV nuke 

NODE
        {
            name = top
            transform = nodeTop
        }

EFFECTS
        {
            running
            {
                AUDIO
                {
                    channel = Ship
                    clip = Moonprint/HLV2/NUKE/HLV2_NUKE
                    volume = 0.0 0.0
                    volume = 1.0 1.0
                    pitch = 0.0 0.2
                    pitch = 1.0 1.0
                    loop = true
                }

PREFAB_PARTICLE
                {
                    prefabName = fx_smokeTrail_light
                    transformName = smokePoint
                    emission = 0.0 0.0
                    emission = 0.05 0.0
                    emission = 0.075 0.25
                    emission = 1.0 1.25
                    speed = 0.0 0.25
                    speed = 1.0 1.0
                }

MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
                {
                    modelName = Moonprint/HLV2/NUKE/nukeFX
                    transformName = thrustTransform
                    emission = 0.0 0.0
                    emission = 0.05 0.0
                    emission = 0.055 0.15
                    emission = 0.6 0.8
                    speed = 0.0 0.5
                    speed = 1.0 1.2
                }
            }

engage
            {
                AUDIO
                {
                    channel = Ship
                    clip = Moonprint/HLV2/ENGINES/sound_liq6
                    volume = 1.0
                    pitch = 1.0
                    loop = false
                }
            }

flameout
            {
                PREFAB_PARTICLE
                {
                    prefabName = fx_exhaustSparks_flameout_2
                    oneShot = true
                }
                AUDIO
                {
                    channel = Ship
                    clip = sound_explosion_low
                    volume = 1.0
                    pitch = 2.0
                    loop = false
                }
            }
        }

MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleEnginesFX
            thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
            engineID = HLV2ENGINE
            exhaustDamage = True
            ignitionThreshold = 0.33
            minThrust = 0
            maxThrust = 500
            heatProduction = 200

PROPELLANT
            {
                name = LqdHydrogen
                ratio = 1.0
                DrawGauge = True
            }

atmosphereCurve
            {
                key = 0 2780
                key = 1 2740
            }
        }

MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleSurfaceFX
            thrustProviderModuleIndex = 0
            fxMax = 0.8
            maxDistance = 50
            falloff = 1.8
            thrustTransformName = thrustTransform
        }

MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleSurfaceFX
            fxMax = 0.8
            maxDistance = 80
            falloff = 1.8
            thrustTransformName = smokePoint
        }
    }
}

I just find it to be ridiculously fast. I open the throttle up to max and I use the fuel up in around 3-5 seconds. That's nuts! Is it supposed to be like that?

7 minutes ago, Raptor22 said:

1. Why did you include the atmosphere curve?

2. The fuel slider is at max.

Here's the config for the fuel tank:

Hide contents

PART
{
    //--- general parameters ---
    name = HLV2_Hydrogen_Tank
    module = Part
    author = DocBones

// --- asset parameters ---
    scale = 1.0
    rescaleFactor = 1.0
    mesh = HLV2_LH2TANK.mu

// --- node definitions ---
    // definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
    NODE
    {
        name = bottom
        transform = nodeCone
    }

NODE
    {
        name = bottom1
        transform = nodeEngine1
    }

NODE
    {
        name = bottom2
        transform = nodeEngine2
    }

NODE
    {
        name = bottom3
        transform = nodeEngine3
    }

NODE
    {
        name = top
        transform = nodeTop
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleProbeControlPoint
        minimumCrew = 0
        multiHop = True
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCommand
        minimumCrew = 0
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 0.08
        }
        hasHibernation = True
        hibernationMultiplier = 0.00125
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 300
        maxAmount = 300
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleReactionWheel
        PitchTorque = 25
        YawTorque = 25
        RollTorque = 25
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 0.15
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSAS
        SASServiceLevel = 3
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleKerbNetAccess
        MinimumFoV = 5
        MaximumFoV = 90
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDataTransmitter
        antennaType = INTERNAL
        packetInterval = 1.0
        packetSize = 2
        packetResourceCost = 12.0
        requiredResource = ElectricCharge
        antennaPower = 5000
        optimumRange = 2500
        packetFloor = .1
        packetCeiling = 5
    }    

TechRequired = advFuelSystems
    entryCost = 4500
    cost = 1000
    category = FuelTank
    subcategory = 0
    title = HLV Hydrogen Tank
    manufacturer = MoonPrint Ind.
    description = Orbital transfer tank. Attach 3 Nuclear engines to the bottom and you're off. Launched upside down and docks to the HLV Aeroshell in orbit.
    tags = moon HLV Hydrogen Tank

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
    attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
    mass = 2.5
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.2
    angularDrag = 2
    crashTolerance = 12
    maxTemp = 6000
    bulkheadProfiles = size4

fuelCrossFeed = False

breakingForce = 175000
    breakingTorque = 175000

stageOffset = 1
    childStageOffset = 1

buoyancy = 0.5
    buoyancyUseSine = False

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleToggleCrossfeed
        crossfeedStatus = true
        toggleEditor = true
        toggleFlight = true
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = LqdHydrogen
        amount = 630000
        maxAmount = 630000
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = LiquidFuel
        amount = 133
        maxAmount = 133
    }

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxidizer
        amount = 162
        maxAmount = 162
    }

EFFECTS
    {
        running
        {
            AUDIO_MULTI_POOL
            {
                channel = Ship
                clip = sound_rocket_spurts
                volume = 0.0 0.0
                volume = 0.1 0.0
                volume = 0.5 0.025
                volume = 2.5 0.1
                pitch = 0.0 0.75
                pitch = 1.0 1.5
                loop = true
            }
            MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
            {
                emission = 0.0 0.0
                emission = 0.1 0.0
                emission = 1.0 1.0
                speed = 0.0 0.8
                speed = 2.0 2.0
            }
        }        
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleRCSFX
        thrustVectorTransformName = RCSthruster
        exhaustDamage = True
        thrusterPower = 25
        heatProduction = 200

PROPELLANT
            {
                name = LiquidFuel
                ratio = 0.9
                DrawGauge = True
            }

PROPELLANT
            {
                name = Oxidizer
                ratio = 1.1
            }

atmosphereCurve
            {
                key = 0 1580
                key = 1 1540
            }
        }    
    }
}

And the nuclear engine:

Hide contents

PART
{
    name = HLV2_NUKE
    module = Part
    author = DocBones
    rescaleFactor = 1
    TechRequired = highPerformanceFuelSystems
    entryCost = 46600
    cost = 13000
    Mesh = HLV2_NUKE.mu
    category = Propulsion
    subcategory = 0
    title = MP-HLV-N500
    manufacturer = Moonprint
    description = NTR engines for that boring transfer to Duna and beyond. WARNING: TENDS TO LEAK NUCLEAR WASTE!
    attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0
    mass = 1.5
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.3
    angularDrag = 2
    crashTolerance = 6
    breakingForce = 400
    breakingTorque = 400
    maxTemp = 2000 // = 2900
    PhysicsSignificance = 0
    stageOffset = 1
    childStageOffset = 1
    bulkheadProfiles = size3, srf
    tags = fuel fueltank ?lfo propellant rocket moon HLV nuke 

NODE
        {
            name = top
            transform = nodeTop
        }

EFFECTS
        {
            running
            {
                AUDIO
                {
                    channel = Ship
                    clip = Moonprint/HLV2/NUKE/HLV2_NUKE
                    volume = 0.0 0.0
                    volume = 1.0 1.0
                    pitch = 0.0 0.2
                    pitch = 1.0 1.0
                    loop = true
                }

PREFAB_PARTICLE
                {
                    prefabName = fx_smokeTrail_light
                    transformName = smokePoint
                    emission = 0.0 0.0
                    emission = 0.05 0.0
                    emission = 0.075 0.25
                    emission = 1.0 1.25
                    speed = 0.0 0.25
                    speed = 1.0 1.0
                }

MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
                {
                    modelName = Moonprint/HLV2/NUKE/nukeFX
                    emission = 0.0 0.0
                    emission = 0.05 0.0
                    emission = 0.055 0.15
                    emission = 0.6 0.8
                    speed = 0.0 0.5
                    speed = 1.0 1.2
                }
            }

engage
            {
                AUDIO
                {
                    channel = Ship
                    clip = Moonprint/HLV2/ENGINES/sound_liq6
                    volume = 1.0
                    pitch = 1.0
                    loop = false
                }
            }

flameout
            {
                PREFAB_PARTICLE
                {
                    prefabName = fx_exhaustSparks_flameout_2
                    oneShot = true
                }
                AUDIO
                {
                    channel = Ship
                    clip = sound_explosion_low
                    volume = 1.0
                    pitch = 2.0
                    loop = false
                }
            }
        }

MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleEnginesFX
            thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
            engineID = HLV2ENGINE
            exhaustDamage = True
            ignitionThreshold = 0.33
            minThrust = 0
            maxThrust = 500
            heatProduction = 200

PROPELLANT
            {
                name = LqdHydrogen
                ratio = 1.0
                DrawGauge = True
            }

atmosphereCurve
            {
                key = 0 2780
                key = 1 2740
            }
        }

MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleSurfaceFX
            fxMax = 0.8
            maxDistance = 50
            falloff = 1.8
            thrustTransformName = thrustTransform
        }

MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleSurfaceFX
            fxMax = 0.8
            maxDistance = 80
            falloff = 1.8
            thrustTransformName = smokePoint
        }
    }
}

I just find it to be ridiculously fast. I open the throttle up to max and I use the fuel up in around 3-5 seconds. That's nuts! Is it supposed to be like that?

Hi Raptor,

No it is definetly not supposed to do this. It should have a total burn time of around 15 - 20 minutes. The at curve decides how much fuel the engine is going to burn per second. The higher the number the less fuel it burns.

Possibly something else is interfering. My suggestion: Copy your KSP game to another folder, another drive on your PC if possible. In the copy delete all mods except for moonprint and Squad. Try and see if it works. If it does then there is a mod compatibility issue, somewhere. Could you send me a list of the MODS you have installed?

I'm too tired to put in which mods are actually together, so I'll give the names of the files/mods if I can remember them (3:50AM, taking a break from cramming for my biology EOC):

Spoiler
  • Air Park
  • Airplane Plus
  • AoA Tech
  • ASET
  • Augmented Reality
  • Aviation Cockpits
  • B9 Aerospace (B9 Aerospace, B9 HX, B9 Procedural wings, B9 Animation modules, B9 Part switch)
  • BahaSP
  • BDA Loaded Vessel Switcher
  • BD armory
  • BD MK22
  • blackheart decor stickers
  • Burn Together
  • Community Ammo Library (CAL)
  • Chatterer
  • Community category kit
  • Community resource pack
  • Contract configurator
  • Contract packs (KAF, DCA, GAP, Kerbinside GAP, Kerbinside Jobs)
  • Cormoran Aeronology
  • Destruction Effects
  • Dmagic Utilities
  • Firespitter
  • Hullcam
  • Interstellar fuel switch
  • RPM (JSI)
  • JX2 Antenna
  • KAS
  • KAX
  • Kerbal Foundries
  • Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
  • Kerbal Konstructs (continued version)
  • Kerbal Reusability Expansion
  • Hyperedit (Kerbaltek)
  • Feline Utility Rover (KerbetrotterLtd)
  • Kerbinside (continued version)
  • Kermageddon Industries (ballutes)
  • KIS
  • KSO
  • KSPWheel (part of Kerbal Foundries)
  • Mech Jeb 2
  • Mk 2 expansion
  • Mk 3 crew mid
  • Mk3 expansion
  • mk 3 mini expansion
  • Moonprint
  • Near Future Props
  • Nereid (Final Frontier: ribbons)
  • North Kerbin Weaponry
  • notes
  • Physics Range Extender
  • Planetary Base Inc
  • Procedural dynamics
  • Procedural fairings
  • Quiz tech continued
  • Reentry particle effect
  • Retractable lifting surface
  • Scansat
  • SM armory
  • SM marine
  • Smokescreen
  • Squad
  • Station parts exansion
  • SXT
  • Texture replacer
  • Toadicus tools
  • Tweakable everything
  • Tweakscale
  • Universal storage
  • Vanguard technologies (EVA parachutes)
  • Vessel mover
  • Wheel sounds
  • ZZZ flags

The ones that are underlined are ones that I did not have when I tested a version a while back with all of the mods having to do with BD armory gone.

Yeah, I have a ton of mods.

I'll check the stats in-game in a bit.

1 minute ago, Raptor22 said:

I'm too tired to put in which mods are actually together, so I'll give the names of the files/mods if I can remember them (3:50AM, taking a break from cramming for my biology EOC):

Reveal hidden contents
  • Air Park
  • Airplane Plus
  • AoA Tech
  • ASET
  • Augmented Reality
  • Aviation Cockpits
  • B9 Aerospace (B9 Aerospace, B9 HX, B9 Procedural wings, B9 Animation modules, B9 Part switch)
  • BahaSP
  • BDA Loaded Vessel Switcher
  • BD armory
  • BD MK22
  • blackheart decor stickers
  • Burn Together
  • Community Ammo Library (CAL)
  • Chatterer
  • Community category kit
  • Community resource pack
  • Contract configurator
  • Contract packs (KAF, DCA, GAP, Kerbinside GAP, Kerbinside Jobs)
  • Cormoran Aeronology
  • Destruction Effects
  • Dmagic Utilities
  • Firespitter
  • Hullcam
  • Interstellar fuel switch
  • RPM (JSI)
  • JX2 Antenna
  • KAS
  • KAX
  • Kerbal Foundries
  • Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
  • Kerbal Konstructs (continued version)
  • Kerbal Reusability Expansion
  • Hyperedit (Kerbaltek)
  • Feline Utility Rover (KerbetrotterLtd)
  • Kerbinside (continued version)
  • Kermageddon Industries (ballutes)
  • KIS
  • KSO
  • KSPWheel (part of Kerbal Foundries)
  • Mech Jeb 2
  • Mk 2 expansion
  • Mk 3 crew mid
  • Mk3 expansion
  • mk 3 mini expansion
  • Moonprint
  • Near Future Props
  • Nereid (Final Frontier: ribbons)
  • North Kerbin Weaponry
  • notes
  • Physics Range Extender
  • Planetary Base Inc
  • Procedural dynamics
  • Procedural fairings
  • Quiz tech continued
  • Reentry particle effect
  • Retractable lifting surface
  • Scansat
  • SM armory
  • SM marine
  • Smokescreen
  • Squad
  • Station parts exansion
  • SXT
  • Texture replacer
  • Toadicus tools
  • Tweakable everything
  • Tweakscale
  • Universal storage
  • Vanguard technologies (EVA parachutes)
  • Vessel mover
  • Wheel sounds
  • ZZZ flags

The ones that are underlined are ones that I did not have when I tested a version a while back with all of the mods having to do with BD armory gone.

Yeah, I have a ton of mods.

I'll check the stats in-game in a bit.

OK. Good luck on that exam.

I do not use the weaponry mods also Tweakable everything might be an issue.

I love landers.  For me, the most exiting part of this game is landing on a moon or planet followed by the white knuckled takeoff when for a few moments you are hoping that everything that needs to happen to get off the surface and into orbit, happens.

I also love science.  So this mod is right up my alley.  And so far I am thrilled with what you are doing.  It feels real.  Thanks!

47 minutes ago, thomash said:

I love landers.  For me, the most exiting part of this game is landing on a moon or planet followed by the white knuckled takeoff when for a few moments you are hoping that everything that needs to happen to get off the surface and into orbit, happens.

I also love science.  So this mod is right up my alley.  And so far I am thrilled with what you are doing.  It feels real.  Thanks!

Many thanks Thomash. Glad you like it. If you have any suggestions feel free to air them here.

13 minutes ago, tater said:

Notional NTR Isps are under 1000 s.

Granted, but it is a game and I feel it is a tad not balanced this way. I might lower the ISP for future updates since it gets to duna almost empty. But for the time being I need to work on other things. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.