[1.10.x] Grounded - Modular Vehicles R5.0 (Mining Modules, Rotor Emergency Light) (Jun 5 2019)

blackheart612

Couple of questions: @blackheart612 - is the mod "totally feachure complete" and adding something new is not planned at all or just no time/desire to do something for mod?

To all who may know - are there public availiable textures/colour variants except the three in the mod itself?

7 hours ago, Warro said:

To all who may know - are there public availiable textures/colour variants except the three in the mod itself?

Get yourself the free Paint.net and you could create your own. As long as you "SAVE AS" something else when you alter an original so as not to lose the original and then follow the convention of the part variant module that is at the end of the config file for the part, you can add more skins that can be switched to in the SPH.

5 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Get yourself the free Paint.net and you could create your own. As long as you "SAVE AS" something else when you alter an original so as not to lose the original and then follow the convention of the part variant module that is at the end of the config file for the part, you can add more skins that can be switched to in the SPH.

My creativity skills are so good, that i can create "something". Maybe that wil look like what was wanted... if seen in the dark and from far away. So I'd prefer something more baked to use... 

1 hour ago, Warro said:

My creativity skills are so good, that i can create "something". Maybe that wil look like what was wanted... if seen in the dark and from far away. So I'd prefer something more baked to use... 

What colour?

3 hours ago, Warro said:

bIHuDeM.png

3 hours ago, ColdJ said:

What colour?

I like them all. Maybe only something military style (khaki/olive) is missing to make perfect set. 

UPD: I have that "should be in stock" feeling :)

Edited by Warro

Just about to test a Dark olive and A Kaki. Possibly also camo variants but I don't know yet if they will look right. I was just in but had left a bracket in the wrong place and they didn't show. 1 typo is all it takes to stop a part showing up or showing up right. Sigh!

4 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

@ColdJ You need a new mod.... "ColdJ's Wonderful World of Colourful New Part Variants: Stock and Mod"

Sort of doing that in my reconfigs thread. I wish I cold do what ordinary kerman did, rather than have to guess and extrapolate.

@coldj hmmhmm, I've forgotten about desert camo versions, but you don't. Looks nice, but may I ask to darken olive/green military version? Coldwar Aerospace ground vehicles for reference: PbiX29C.png

For camo  maybe something more chaotic/with lesser size colour zones like here: mainnew2-.jpg?1591790454&s=29acd44dac0b9

No need to be russian-alike exactly

8 minutes ago, Warro said:

@coldj hmmhmm, I've forgotten about desert camo versions, but you don't. Looks nice, but may I ask to darken olive/green military version? Coldwar Aerospace ground vehicles for reference: PbiX29C.png

For camo  maybe something more chaotic/with lesser size colour zones like here: mainnew2-.jpg?1591790454&s=29acd44dac0b9

No need to be russian-alike exactly

I used #556b2f which is a dark olive green that I thought the military used. What colour code were you thinking of. Also I have 2 of those vehicles from cold war. Just recently upgraded them. Check here. My humvee also comes in navy blue camofage. Where are the others from?

11 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

I used #556b2f which is a dark olive green that I thought the military used. What colour code were you thinking of. Also I have 2 of those vehicles from cold war. Just recently upgraded them. Check here. My humvee also comes in navy blue camofage. Where are the others from?

The pic was from Coldwar Aerospace spacedock page. I have all 7 vehicles ingame with 0.3 version of mod.

1 minute ago, Warro said:

The pic was from Coldwar Aerospace spacedock page. I have all 7 vehicles ingame with 0.3 version of mod.

Strange they are not in mine. I will check them out. Still a work in progress, bed time where I am so will have to come back to them later. Look at the last pic. The colour looks right to me for army olive green.

2utwgeg.pngmzEz79a.png2aP80XK.pngJGADiit.png

@ColdJ I'd personally prefer the colour from stains as the base, but that's not a big deal, your variant looks "kerbal camo" enough :)

UPD: looked at the KSC view now in game, the base grass under buildings looks like perfect pixel camo if look closely (lvl1 and 2 buildings). Will probably fit your olive paint like a charm :)

Edited by Warro

4 minutes ago, Warro said:

@ColdJ I'd personally prefer the colour from stains as the base, but that's not a big deal, your variant looks "kerbal camo" enough :)

will need an explanation on what "stains" is. I just downloaded the 0.3 of coldwar. Will see if there is more node adding in my future.

13 minutes ago, ColdJ said:

will need an explanation on what "stains" is. I just downloaded the 0.3 of coldwar. Will see if there is more node adding in my future.

Stains I mean zones, painted with not the base colour. Sorry for my bad english.

14 minutes ago, Warro said:

Sorry for my bad english.

No need to apologize. I'm sure your english is much better than our ability in your language, and your explanation of "Stains" gets the idea across fine.