[1.12.x] Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot

2 hours ago, PyjackMeat said:

I guess the Restock patch someone is making has been dropped.

Source for this? I think a few people were working on this but most notably @Orbital_phoenix shared a few progress updates with photos. Haven't seen anything new on their project for a few months, but I did find they have a Patreon. idk if there are more insights or access to any WIP work there, but I assume progress is still being made.

On 8/10/2024 at 11:38 AM, PyjackMeat said:

I guess the Restock patch someone is making has been dropped.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QfC-Y3TPWNng8tcbedgmr-nzblM8mQbE/view?usp=drive_link
Just a few Restock parts I did before hitting a wall.

I think the restock patch should still be in development, orbital phoenix posted this public progress update on their patreon awhile ago: Return and Progress Update 1 | Patreon

Edited by Bayden
wording mistake

On 8/10/2024 at 10:31 PM, RileyHef said:

Source for this? I think a few people were working on this but most notably @Orbital_phoenix shared a few progress updates with photos. Haven't seen anything new on their project for a few months, but I did find they have a Patreon. idk if there are more insights or access to any WIP work there, but I assume progress is still being made.

Maybe @Orbital_phoenix would accept my help? I'm currently nearly done with SSPX parts, it's been quite long and painful given the high number of parts and meshes per part, so I can't stop thinking about how herculean the task must feel for Restock.

2 hours ago, lBoBl said:

Maybe @Orbital_phoenix would accept my help? I'm currently nearly done with SSPX parts, it's been quite long and painful given the high number of parts and meshes per part, so I can't stop thinking about how herculean the task must feel for Restock.

According to their Patreon update on the project they anticipate it taking about a year (from the time they posted, which was April). I am not familiar with the process but they also mentioned recreating the Restock textures overall "to improve the visuals". One way or another, I think we are all holding our breath for such a major update to Restock.

Wishing you the best of luck with SSPX in the meantime - can't wait to use those configs for my stations!

On 8/15/2024 at 1:13 AM, PyjackMeat said:

It's the specular textures. Which I don't fully know how to make.

More shiny parts are less transparent. Convert the image to black and white, set normal areas to about 40/255 transparency, save it seperately. This is good enough for regular parts.

I've made recolor configs for five different mods: JoolianDiscovery, WrapperDropTanks, CoriolisSpaceSystems, AeroRadial, and RadialScienceContainer

(NEW!) ALSO ADDED: KerbalEngineerRedux, EVA_Handrails, SeaDragon (NecroBones' version), and AOA Technologies

V9ItXT0.png

EDIT: JUST ADDED FOUR MORE MODS' TURD CONFIGS!

Edited by UncleMateo

Hey, mine has an issue. Says "texture not found" when i try and recoulour stuff, and my recolouring gui is just blank. any ideas? ive installed stock recoulur, textures unlimited, and have module manager. Plus i have the reflections thing turned on. any ideas? thanks

Hey, mine has an issue. Says "texture not found" when i try and recoulour stuff, and my recolouring gui is just blank. any ideas? ive installed stock recoulur, textures unlimited, and have module manager. Plus i have the reflections thing turned on. any ideas? thanks

6 hours ago, dinoduderocket said:

When Ive been making TURD configs this sort of thing is usually associated with the filepath in the config and the actual filepath for one or more of the needed textures files being different.  For all except ZZetho's, you should find the TURD configs and their files within a folder in GameData called 'TURD', and in their own subfolders along the lines of 'TU_modname'.. ZZetho's  have 'TU_modname' folders just sitting in the GameData folder.  Double check you didnt accidentally dump a GameData folder within the GameData folder.. that would break the path as well, and its a mistake everyone who installs mods manually has made at least once, a real forehead slapper. 

If none of the above works, delete all relevant mod folders and reinstall the latest versions from scratch.  Also, not a bad idea to verify your game files through Steam, theres a teeny tiny chance it could be a corrupt file.

Hope that helps.  Happy painting.

On 8/19/2024 at 11:10 PM, UncleMateo said:

When Ive been making TURD configs this sort of thing is usually associated with the filepath in the config and the actual filepath for one or more of the needed textures files being different.  For all except ZZetho's, you should find the TURD configs and their files within a folder in GameData called 'TURD', and in their own subfolders along the lines of 'TU_modname'.. ZZetho's  have 'TU_modname' folders just sitting in the GameData folder.  Double check you didnt accidentally dump a GameData folder within the GameData folder.. that would break the path as well, and its a mistake everyone who installs mods manually has made at least once, a real forehead slapper. 

If none of the above works, delete all relevant mod folders and reinstall the latest versions from scratch.  Also, not a bad idea to verify your game files through Steam, theres a teeny tiny chance it could be a corrupt file.

Hope that helps.  Happy painting.

Thank you so much, was definitely a PICNIC issue in the end, resolved it by manually installing TURD folder. Thank you for the help

Edited by dinoduderocket
Duplicate text removed

Hi, I',m trying to recolour RLA_Reborn stuff and have problem that _mainTex still have influence on top of _MaskTex so for example if I put white color on grey object it will be still grey. 
Is anybody had simillar issues?

Hello, I may have an issue with the mod.

I am not able to switch the texture set to anything other than **Not Found** and Default.

Also whenever I click Open Recoloring GUI, a blank GUI shows up with nothing on it except a nonfunctional close button, and since I cannot click on anything else while the GUI is open, I need to close the game and reopen it.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/pg6e2s1q87fozrsfnrszj/TrasnsformLister.zip?rlkey=4amjyrm54od0f9nrlsi8hmfbm&dl=0

Wrote a simple plugin to list object transforms so you know what to paint without needing to get blender(and in some cases they don't import like NAS)
It doesn't know which are meshes though but it's an easier time to just guess. Source code is in the zip.
image.png?ex=66d21b54&is=66d0c9d4&hm=0da22c1fe5a5f7665a62276a29dd6c3db6f89ea2c472fcf92f866cbd9fb04039&=

• 2 weeks later...

Structural Tubbing config (Will replace CFG of the MOD)

KjnITlL.png

DszVBiT.png

rVKdYTs.png

Structural Tubing Restructured

Variants: Smooth, Powder coated, Brushed, Conduit and Neon.

Hint: When using the neon variant you can disable the slow light transition on KAL by setting the light color of the part to #000001 then use KAL to alter the RGB values. Light must be on for it to work so watch your batteries.

Technical Difficulties

- For the neon variant to work it needs to replace  the CFG files of the mod parts to allow light options;

- Neon parts don't cast light, they just glows;

- Could not maintain the original mod textures neither recreate them on the config (some parts don't behave well with complex textures created with TUFX);

- Only one color option for recolouring (Same problem as above);

- Conduit variant can look odd sometimes, mainly on straight pipes (guess why).

Edited by xDNSx
-Added a better image sample;