[Steam] BuildID not changing on downgrade

Can someone please help me:

When I downgrade ksp to older versions  CKAN thinks I still have the latest version.:(I thought the installed version will be recognized automatcally.

Could it be because Steam does not change  the Build ID when downgrading?Or is it because of CKAN itself?If its the second option, how can  I fix it?

Thanks for helping

Spoiler

I asked in unmodded even though it´s moddeded because it has nothing to do with mods

Edited by SeucheAnemone56

On 11/9/2018 at 2:47 PM, SeucheAnemone56 said:

Or is it because of CKAN itself?

Under File, there is "Select KSP install".  Try that, having it look at the install again might update the listing.   If not, you can go to "Compatible KSP versions" under settings, and force it to only show mods that are compatible with your current install.    But let's page @HebaruSan, he might have something to offer. 

5 hours ago, Gargamel said:

If not, you can go to "Compatible KSP versions" under settings, and force it to only show mods that are compatible with your current install.

I tried this already, but some mods check the installed version by themselv and give out a incompatible version message.In some cases they deactivate themselv to prevent KSP from crashing or something

18 hours ago, SeucheAnemone56 said:

give out a incompatible version message.In some cases they deactivate themselv to prevent KSP from crashing or something

I get these often enough, they're from the AVC's.  I've never had an incompatible mod shut down. 

23 hours ago, Gargamel said:

If not, you can go to "Compatible KSP versions" under settings, and force it to only show mods that are compatible with your current install. 

If you install a different version of KSP, and then tell CKAN what versions to show, you should only get listings for mods that are compatible with the version you installed.  This might also help you somewhat:

8 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I get these often enough, they're from the AVC's.  I've never had an incompatible mod shut down. 

If you install a different version of KSP, and then tell CKAN what versions to show, you should only get listings for mods that are compatible with the version you installed.  This might also help you somewhat:

Thanks for your help :):)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.