[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Anything is possible.  Then you have the CKSN issue of different versions.  And, since the game is now stable/frozen at 1.12, there isn't a a real need.

In the end, it also comes down to the fact that this mod is not under active development and is pretty stable

I do know I struggle with supporting back to 1.8 on Kopernicus, and that's just one mod, so I get you.

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Then you have the CKSN issue of different versions.

I wrangled with this.  The CKAN support for different version artifacts that now exists was pretty much made entirely because Kopernicus needed it badly.  If you ever need tips on how to do it, you know where I am.

Edited by R-T-B

Speaking of updates and weird situations, since KSP 1 is at its end I've been toying with the idea of coming back to this and making a more "finalized" version of KCT. Basically finally go in and break out the UI code from the processing code, rewrite some stuff to be more streamlined and less hacky, fix weird things, etc. Potentially a full rewrite from the ground up, though in the past that's been an overly optimistic goal. I haven't started anything with that idea, it's only an idea at the moment, and I honestly have only a vague idea of what's changed over the years since I've been gone so I definitely don't want to step on any toes/disrupt any plans if I did this. I have not fully decided whether this project would be "rebuild KCT as-is" or "make a new KCT with slightly different features, some new some removed".

I guess consider this post a request for comments/thoughts on this idea.

I also want to once again thank LGG for all of his excellent work on maintaining and upgrading this over the years. If you need any assistance with the upgrade to 1.12 let me know.

9 minutes ago, magico13 said:

Speaking of updates and weird situations, since KSP 1 is at its end I've been toying with the idea of coming back to this and making a more "finalized" version of KCT. Basically finally go in and break out the UI code from the processing code, rewrite some stuff to be more streamlined and less hacky, fix weird things, etc. Potentially a full rewrite from the ground up, though in the past that's been an overly optimistic goal. I haven't started anything with that idea, it's only an idea at the moment, and I honestly have only a vague idea of what's changed over the years since I've been gone so I definitely don't want to step on any toes/disrupt any plans if I did this. I have not fully decided whether this project would be "rebuild KCT as-is" or "make a new KCT with slightly different features, some new some removed".

I also want to once again thank LGG for all of his excellent work on maintaining and upgrading this over the years. If you need any assistance with the upgrade to 1.12 let me know.

If you decide to do that, I'd be happy to help QA / test that, especially for the use case of having KK installed alongside.

28 minutes ago, magico13 said:

I love this mod and have always played with it. Its been working well on 1.11.2 and I don't really have any complaints. It has the ability to customize how you want it to work so it is flexible for the player. Being able to recover reusable stages is another feature I can't live without and I'm grateful it was added. A final version of this mod would be amazing!

Edited by reducing

6 hours ago, magico13 said:

The upgrade is pretty simple, only thing I was planning on doing was adding the new AlarmClock, should be done with that in a few days.  Other than that, I’d be happy to let you take it back. Even if just for an update.  Let me know how you want to proceed.

you should be aware that RO has their own version

Edited by linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, magico13 said:

Sounds great and I'd be totally willing to resume testing like in the good old days if wanted :)

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The upgrade is pretty simple, only thing I was planning on doing was adding the new AlarmClock, should be done with that in a few days.  Other than that, I’d be happy to let you take it back. Even if just for an update.  Let me know how you want to proceed.

If you're alright with it, if you want to handle that update and stay as maintainer over this, I might start up a new dev thread/repo for my idea. That way I can take some more creative liberties with less risk and if it never gets finished or it sucks then this fairly stable version is available unchanged. Sound good to you?

33 minutes ago, magico13 said:

If you're alright with it, if you want to handle that update and stay as maintainer over this, I might start up a new dev thread/repo for my idea. That way I can take some more creative liberties with less risk and if it never gets finished or it sucks then this fairly stable version is available unchanged. Sound good to you?

If don't intend to rewrite KCT then the fork we integrated into RP-1 might be of interest to you. It has a ton of refactoring and some optimizations. The UI code has also been split into methods and into separate files but it's still IMGUI so definitely not perfect. We probably cut a bunch of features that aren't used by RP-1 though so that version certainly isn't compatible with most people's installs outside RP-1.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/tree/master/Source/KerbalConstructionTime

On 6/27/2021 at 2:29 PM, magico13 said:

Hey, awesome to see you back in the fray! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

On the refactoring front, you might want to look at what siimav and DRVeyl have done with the fork of KCT that lives as part of RP-1 now. https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/tree/master/Source/KerbalConstructionTime

14 hours ago, magico13 said:

Sounds good to me.

Does anyone have a download where I can grab KCT and all of its dependencies at once? Something keeps going wrong when I try to install the mod and its dependencies, although it's a possible bug--I began a new save, and found myself:

a) unable to enter the VAB. Weird, but okay, maybe I just need to do something else.

b) tried entering both R&D and Mission Control, got stuck there, and was unable to exit--it brought up the toolbar and the exit window, but I can't even quit to the main screen, forcing me to completely quit the game. 

No idea which mod the bug could be tied to (or whether it's a strange conflict with one of my other mods, of which there aren't many--SCANSat, MechJeb, Final Frontiers, Trajectories, and I.D. Flags/Decals) so... I know that it's not much help!

On 6/26/2021 at 12:47 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Search the .sfs for "-67"

I can't seem to find this or any direct reference to points. The relevant part of the SFS seems to be:

SCENARIO
    {
        name = KerbalConstructionTimeData
        scene = 6, 7, 5, 8
        KCT_DataStorage
        {
            enabledForSave = True
            activeKSC = Stock
            SalesFigures = 0
            SciPoints = 20625.8535
            UpgradesResetCounter = 1
            TechUpgrades = 20
            SavedUpgradePointsPreAPI = 0
            VABUpgrades
            {
                Item = 0
            }
            SPHUpgrades
            {
                Item = 0
            }
            RDUpgrades
            {
                Item = 0
                Item = 0
            }
            PurchasedUpgrades
            {
                Item = 5
                Item = 5
            }
        }
        KSC
        {
            KSCName = Stock
            ActiveLPID = 0
            VABUpgrades
            {
                Upgrade = 44
            }
            SPHUpgrades
            {
                Upgrade = 31
            }
            RDUpgrades
            {
                Upgrade = 2
                Upgrade = 20
            }

20 hours ago, KerballingSmasher said:

Does anyone have a download where I can grab KCT and all of its dependencies at once? Something keeps going wrong when I try to install the mod and its dependencies, although it's a possible bug--I began a new save, and found myself:

a) unable to enter the VAB. Weird, but okay, maybe I just need to do something else.

b) tried entering both R&D and Mission Control, got stuck there, and was unable to exit--it brought up the toolbar and the exit window, but I can't even quit to the main screen, forcing me to completely quit the game. 

No idea which mod the bug could be tied to (or whether it's a strange conflict with one of my other mods, of which there aren't many--SCANSat, MechJeb, Final Frontiers, Trajectories, and I.D. Flags/Decals) so... I know that it's not much help!

Use CKAN to install your mods, it makes sure the correct versions are installed.

If you are using steam, then you probably have some old files which weren't removed

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Use CKAN to install your mods, it makes sure the correct versions are installed.

If you are using steam, then you probably have some old files which weren't removed

Got it. However... in CKAN, none of the mods are showing up. Do I need to move them there manually? (Also, I'm so sorry if I'm asking for help in the wrong place!)

Edited by KerballingSmasher

36 minutes ago, KerballingSmasher said:

Got it. However... in CKAN, none of the mods are showing up. Do I need to move them there manually? (Also, I'm so sorry if I'm asking for help in the wrong place!)

make sure you have your filters to compatible.  If you installed them manually, sometimes CKAn doesnt show them in installed (happened to me), my solution was to remove all my mods and install them from CKAN.

New release, 1.4.11

• Thanks to @tivec for this:
    • Add scroll position for build plan window
  • Thanks to @DarthPointer for this:
    • Build Points of merged vessels is now calculated in a better way, now consistent with parameter name "Merging Time Percent".
    • KRASH simulation was reenabling merge buttons for already-merged vessels.

On 6/28/2021 at 2:29 AM, magico13 said:

I have not fully decided whether this project would be "rebuild KCT as-is" or "make a new KCT with slightly different features, some new some removed".

It is really nice to see you are looking at KCT again!

A suggestion, if I may... How about better handling for Kerbal Konstructs locations? I mean we have nice detailed  facilities in JNSQ (and Kerbin Side for stock).

But KCT doesn't really interact with them well. It does not respect opened/closed status for bases, etc.

Would be so cool  to have different building queues attached to different VABs (that may rollout only to their respective launchpads) and SPHs, as well as recoveries handled by different location (with optional hard recovery radius restrictions may be?...) 

Edited by evileye.x

Just now, SiCaRiO31 said:

Question: Is distance to KSC supposed to be accounted when recovering a vessel? It seems that the time to recover a capsule is the same whether it splashed at the other side of Kerbin or besides the VAB

Check the options, but I don't think so