[1.12.x] Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8

benjee10

1 hour ago, AerospaceBricks said:

Please help, I don't know why my monitors look like this. They still work fine but it's weird having a colored text box around the words.

screenshot18.png

It looks like you are using a 3rd party config for the IVA, so it would be best to ask in the thread for that mod rather than here. 

On 12/7/2023 at 9:26 AM, Unbreakify said:

Do you plan on finishing the OK-GLI livery as well as adding other liveries such as OK-MT or OK-M? 
(By finishing OK-GLI, i mean adding jet engines to it that match the style of the Buran.)
ok-m1.jpgok-m2.jpgok-gli-vol.jpgburan, shuttle buran program, energia, space shuttle, launcher energia, launcher, USSR, mriya, polyus, poliyus, energya, maks, bor-4, bor-5, bor-6, energia-buran, soviet rocket, space shuttle, soviet launcher, Буран, Энергия, plans, schematic, soviet, russian shuttle, russian space shuttle, USSR

The other Buran test articles were sturctural mockups, only used for mating/demating tests with Energiya rocket, and cockpit mockups, they could never have flown at all let alone into space.

36 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

The other Buran test articles were sturctural mockups, only used for mating/demating tests with Energiya rocket, and cockpit mockups, they could never have flown at all let alone into space.

Still, i think having more liveries would be nice

2 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Me too, but the main issue here is the lack of references, since Buran and OK-GLI basically were the only finished models.

The lack of references is probably due to the fact it was such a heavily classified project.

On 12/14/2023 at 4:11 PM, Unbreakify said:

I wonder what would of happened if Russia had picked it up after a few years.

They really couldn't, for several reasons. If by some miracle they could, it would have essentially been a safer, somewhat more efficient, but more expensive Space Shuttle alternative.

4 minutes ago, davide96 said:

hello guys, I'm struggling with rss, I've installed FAR and everythink runs well, but after reentry the shuttle start to be uncontrollable, it start spinning as soon as I moove the pitch or the roll.

What I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing???

This mod isn`t build for RSS/RO/FAR. You should ask in the RO/RSS thread.

2 hours ago, davide96 said:

hello guys, I'm struggling with rss, I've installed FAR and everythink runs well, but after reentry the shuttle start to be uncontrollable, it start spinning as soon as I moove the pitch or the roll.

What I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing???

Yeah, SOCK really doesn't like FAR.

6 minutes ago, davide96 said:

I'm sorry for that...because I'm addicted to this mod and no other mod can replace this one

@benjee10 will you add something to make it works ??? It would be great ;.;

You can ask in the RSS/RO thread if someone have configs because usually the guys from RO/RSS make configs, not the modders of the mods. But as far as I know SOCK is included in RO.
Playing RSS without RO will be very difficult or even impossible because the parameters of the conventional mods are not suitable for RSS. RO provides the configs for many mods.

34 minutes ago, davide96 said:

I'm sorry for that...because I'm addicted to this mod and no other mod can replace this one

It's the split rudder (like the IRL one) in SOCK that FAR hates. Most RO users of SOCK replace the SOCK vertical stabilizer with two of the ones from Space Shuttle System (the old DECQ shuttle), placed in mirror symmetry side-to-side, or something like that.  There might be some clipping involved.

There may be other issues for FAR as well, but the rudder is the main problem.

Edited by AlphaMensae

38 minutes ago, davide96 said:

Dude, like they said, this is a question for the RSS/RO thread. Most KSP modders have no interest in such mods and therefore don't make their own configs for them.

On 12/19/2023 at 3:40 PM, AlphaMensae said:

It's the split rudder (like the IRL one) in SOCK that FAR hates. Most RO users of SOCK replace the SOCK vertical stabilizer with two of the ones from Space Shuttle System (the old DECQ shuttle), placed in mirror symmetry side-to-side, or something like that.  There might be some clipping involved.

There may be other issues for FAR as well, but the rudder is the main problem.

hello, I tried to use the vertical stab of the old shuttle, but anyway and suddenly at 35000m the shuttle start to yaw to the left and became uncotrollable....

I don't know what to do honestly....