Im using making history, just decided to ask here, what is the LATitude and LONGnitude of the bop kraken, i try every one i could find but it was not at the location, im making a mission based around it and would love it if anybody could help.

Edited by KerbalScience

41 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

The wiki contains a list of every easter egg, the one you are looking for is at: 68° 25′ 48″N 117° 1′ 48″E :)

I used this info, but i still cant find it, i have moved the vessel so that it is not at the exact location but looking around it still isn't there, any tips? does it have to do with any settings?

3 minutes ago, KerbalScience said:

does it have to do with any settings?

Sometimes, yes. At "low quality" terrain detail, sometimes these "anomalies" can end up buried underground.

Just now, bewing said:

Sometimes, yes. At "low quality" terrain detail, sometimes these "anomalies" can end up buried underground.

Ill check my settings and get back to you.

Ok, it seems it was on Normal, i put it to max anyways since im on a good pc, so that rules of something...

3 minutes ago, bewing said:

nope still nothing, it seems kerbal maps they use are a bit off as the latitude and longnitude i took from them now say on the map, 60o 26, 35 n and 117o ,2, 14 e

17 minutes ago, bewing said:

anybody know how to convert the latitude and longnitude varibles the first guy gave me into one number, like on kerbal maps

2 hours ago, KerbalScience said:

nope still nothing, it seems kerbal maps they use are a bit off as the latitude and longnitude i took from them now say on the map, 60o 26, 35 n and 117o ,2, 14 e

anybody know how to convert the latitude and longnitude varibles the first guy gave me into one number, like on kerbal maps

I don't know of which map your talking about but you can use the ingame KerbNet to find this location, using the given coordinates:

Put a craft which contains a KerbNet capable probecore into a polar orbit around Bob:

Spoiler

GmiJTqD.png

activate the KerbNet as soon as your above the northpole (if CommNet is enabled in your difficulty settings, you need an active connection or just turn off CommNet). On the KerbNet display, adjust the FOV so Bob fills out the space and by clicking on the KerbNet map, you can move around the cursor on the position you are looking for, or at least, very close to it:

Spoiler

zHYOzqa.png

Create a waypoint there, which will be visible in your map for every craft until you remove the waypoint again:

Spoiler

8fBPW1N.png

As soon as you get close, you should be able to see the kraken:

Spoiler

3trgvjG.png

VRnPI6g.png

G2n3OEK.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.