RP-1 Realistic Progression One for KSP 1.12.3

pap1723

Hello everyone. First of all I wanted to thank you for this fantastic mod ! I've been through a lot with KSP and Juno and ended up with RP-1 about a year ago, and what can I say, I don't do anything else! Everything else just doesn't interest me anymore; I want to know what reality is like, not science fiction. My career has now taken me to the outer planets. But my focus has been on the manned Mars landing for a few weeks now (not part of the career, but still). I painstakingly assembled a 2000t ship in orbit with many launches and then sent 3 astronauts on the 2-year journey... unfortunately they burned up on Mars when they entered the atmosphere. The problem was with the airobraking maneuver: the long ship spun out of the heat shield protection and literally burst. After a week or so, I have now constructed a new ship that is much shorter and has its center of gravity much closer to the heat shield at the front, with a very strong RCS at the rear and heat-resistant rear fins. All this now prevents the tail from spinning out and yesterday I managed the first airobraking maneuver 25km above Mars: capture successful !!!
The feeling of success after months of hard work is indescribable!
I love this mod !

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)Mars-Mission2capture-Point.png

Edited by TomKerbal

Hi everyone!

I'm going to build an Apollo-Saturn V, I appreciate it if you could give me a good tutorial (thanks!)

Next, I would like to build a rocket N1 with Soyuz LOK and lander LK, I would like to know if RP-1 + RO has the required parts, or if I need to install another mod.

Thank you!

Hi!

I have completed all the required X plane contract exept the hypersonic contract. It isnt even offered to me. One of the requirements for the contract to be offered is to "Have active program: SuborbitalRocketplanes" but i see no such program anywhere. pls help

45 minutes ago, Rocket fan said:

Hi!

I have completed all the required X plane contract exept the hypersonic contract. It isnt even offered to me. One of the requirements for the contract to be offered is to "Have active program: SuborbitalRocketplanes" but i see no such program anywhere. pls help

That's weird. That text (SuborbitalRocketplanes) does not appear anywhere in my ModuleManager.ConfigCache, nor was I able to find it searching RP-1's current GitHub source code.

My version of the first hypersonic contract (hold 2000m/s for 2min below 40000m) and the follow up optional contracts ask for program: EarlyXPlanes .

Perhaps a copy of your ModuleManager.ConfigCache and logs/modulemanager/modulemanager.log might help find what's causing the problem for you?

16 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

That's weird. That text (SuborbitalRocketplanes) does not appear anywhere in my ModuleManager.ConfigCache, nor was I able to find it searching RP-1's current GitHub source code.

My version of the first hypersonic contract (hold 2000m/s for 2min below 40000m) and the follow up optional contracts ask for program: EarlyXPlanes .

Perhaps a copy of your ModuleManager.ConfigCache and logs/modulemanager/modulemanager.log might help find what's causing the problem for you?

The text SuborbitalRocketplanes appears in my ModuleManager.ConfigCache. Should i replace it with EarlyXPlanes? I went to the contract config file and replaced it there but it didnt change anything.

On 3/30/2024 at 3:06 PM, Steigleder said:

Hi everyone!

I'm going to build an Apollo-Saturn V, I appreciate it if you could give me a good tutorial (thanks!)

Next, I would like to build a rocket N1 with Soyuz LOK and lander LK, I would like to know if RP-1 + RO has the required parts, or if I need to install another mod.

Thank you!

My Apollo 13 Saturn V rocket works, I think I have only the RP-1 mod with every required additional mod activated with  CKAN.  Perhaps you can download this rocket at Kerbal X, since it is a little bit time consuming and tricky to put everything together in the right way.

Even the launch tower is there.

On 4/5/2024 at 12:03 PM, TomKerbal said:

My Apollo 13 Saturn V rocket works, I think I have only the RP-1 mod with every required additional mod activated with  CKAN.  Perhaps you can download this rocket at Kerbal X, since it is a little bit time consuming and tricky to put everything together in the right way.

Even the launch tower is there.

Ok, thank you for the information. I'm going to kerbalx just now.

Do you know any mod that includes soviet N1 parts?

Edited by Steigleder

26 minutes ago, Steigleder said:

Ok, thank you for the information. I'm going to kerbalx just now.

Do you know any mod that includes soviet N1 parts?

I am happy to help.

Hey, I've been playing this mod for a very long time on and off, I am starting a brand new save on my new comp, and was wondering if I am supposed to have access to Procedural Solid Rocket Boosters, as soon as I get into the game. There are other parts that say non rp-0 and was wondering if there is something I missed to turn them off. 

On 4/12/2024 at 4:05 AM, Makers said:

Hey, I've been playing this mod for a very long time on and off, I am starting a brand new save on my new comp, and was wondering if I am supposed to have access to Procedural Solid Rocket Boosters, as soon as I get into the game. There are other parts that say non rp-0 and was wondering if there is something I missed to turn them off. 

I just checkd this: Yes, it is available, it is named "non RP-0 Solid Rocket Motor [procedural]" . But I never used them. They are NON rp-0 ;-)  Have fun !

I have no idea if they are available when starting a new game... sorry.

Edited by TomKerbal

Hey, I ughh, re-downloaded the game from steam using version 1.12.3 and yeah, it seems to be a better version of Rp-1, vs current game version release. Thanks for everything!

Hey, I'm looking at adding some engines to the RP-1 tech tree- (Piston engines made during the 1930s-40s) They're currently non-rp-0 parts. How do I go about adding them to the mod?

Note: I've tried installing the Parts Browser, but the instructions seem to be incorrect  - I get nothing but syntax errors when I try to follow them

Edited by Fizwalker

Here is a question or a bug report. 

Launch site selection is not functioning. 

I installed RO and RP-1 on a clean KSP1.12.3 version, using CKAN RP-1 express installation method. I chose a different launch site other than US-Cape Canaveal, and I used KK to create a new local instance, a launchpad beside the default one, but in VAB it just didnt show this launch pad, instead, i got all the NASA cape canaveral launch pads avaible for open even my launch center is selected in different location and when I press launch, it took the vessel to the location of my choice, just default KSP launch site.

I tried delete the RSS-CanaveralHD and it doesnot work. I used to played other older versions of RO or RP-1 and it works, just could not work here. I installed two times with seperated option, one with RO, one with RP-1 and problems happened in both versions. 

I am not sure if it is the new setting that i am not aware of or this is a bug needs to be fixed. thank you.

KSP: 1.12.3

CKAN

22 minutes ago, rhZhao said:

Here is a question or a bug report. 

Launch site selection is not functioning. 

I installed RO and RP-1 on a clean KSP1.12.3 version, using CKAN RP-1 express installation method. I chose a different launch site other than US-Cape Canaveal, and I used KK to create a new local instance, a launchpad beside the default one, but in VAB it just didnt show this launch pad, instead, i got all the NASA cape canaveral launch pads avaible for open even my launch center is selected in different location and when I press launch, it took the vessel to the location of my choice, just default KSP launch site.

Make sure that when editing a Launch Site in KK edit mode you set the launch site type to VAB and the category to Rocket Pad (RP). Any other values and they won't show up in the "locations" button selector window in KCT.

[or you can manually set the "LaunchSiteType = VAB" and "Category = RocketPad" lines inside the config file with the static instance for that pad (if you haven't moved it, it will be in GameData/KerbalKonstructs/NewInstances.

32 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Make sure that when editing a Launch Site in KK edit mode you set the launch site type to VAB and the category to Rocket Pad (RP). Any other values and they won't show up in the "locations" button selector window in KCT.

[or you can manually set the "LaunchSiteType = VAB" and "Category = RocketPad" lines inside the config file with the static instance for that pad (if you haven't moved it, it will be in GameData/KerbalKonstructs/NewInstances.

Thank you, I was stupid, I didnt enable the launchsite in the game, it turns out it requires two steps to enable the launch site even in sandbox mod. Problem fixed, thank you for the help.