[1.9.x] TUFX - Post Processing

Shadowmage

2 hours ago, Rocket fan said:

nevermind its fixed itself somehow

Ah I was on mobile before - if you're referring to the high saturation, that's a known issue between kopernicus and scatterer.  It'll be fixed whenever scatterer updates, but it's also fixed in the volumetric clouds builds.  This is a transient issue, which means it'll sometimes be fine and sometimes come back.  It didn't "fix itself."

Edited by JonnyOThan

• 5 months later...

Got a strange issue with TUFX:  I can see parts through other parts, like a ghosting effect, even when TUFX is on Default Empty profile.   Here is my KSP.log from the recent run:   Tresor Link

Image 1:  You can see the heat shield through the Apollo CM (Look around the sun reflection, it's dark grey, but the 2nd image shows the heat shield better):

ASRhqKI.png

Image 2:  Highlighting the part you can see it even worse:

cRWnCXN.png

I'll double post here:  The link to Shabby on the previous page isn't working, and I'd prefer not to use CKAN so any errors in installation are my errors.  But I did DL CKAN anyway and got Shabby via that and it's working.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm having an issue with KSP 1.12.5 and TUFX, namely the profiles apply in every scene except the tracking station view and the map view. Whenever I click on a profile I want to use in these views, nothing happens.

3 hours ago, DA299 said:

Hello, I'm having an issue with KSP 1.12.5 and TUFX, namely the profiles apply in every scene except the tracking station view and the map view. Whenever I click on a profile I want to use in these views, nothing happens.

Post logs

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

@JonnyOThan Any plans to add screen space reflections?

Not any time soon.  It requires deferred rendering, and that already does a pretty good job via cube mapping (although that's more expensive).

I'll put it on the issues list though, that's a reasonable application once the deferred rendering mod is pretty stable.

Edited by JonnyOThan

On 7/11/2024 at 2:40 PM, JonnyOThan said:

Hey all, I put up a new version as a pre-release.  This has some pretty major structural changes and bug fixes so I wanted to get some early eyes on it before pushing it wider.  You can find it here: https://github.com/KSPModStewards/TUFX/actions/runs/9919654399

Hi! I gave this build a try. I really like the changes to the UI, thank you! The close button in particular makes taking screenshots with different profiles *much* easier, and while I haven't tested saving profiles yet, that's also a huge QOL improvement, so again, thank you - these things are very much appreciated. :) 

While I haven't had a chance to test out many scenarios yet, one issue I noticed is that TUFX no longer seems to apply in the VAB, no matter what profile I choose. Is that intended?

3 hours ago, Zelda said:

Hi! I gave this build a try. I really like the changes to the UI, thank you! The close button in particular makes taking screenshots with different profiles *much* easier, and while I haven't tested saving profiles yet, that's also a huge QOL improvement, so again, thank you - these things are very much appreciated. :) 

While I haven't had a chance to test out many scenarios yet, one issue I noticed is that TUFX no longer seems to apply in the VAB, no matter what profile I choose. Is that intended?

Thanks for the report - I suspected that might happen; I hadn't tested it yet.  But likely fallout from the other refactorings.

The toolbar button changes are *chef's kiss* - very useful, thank you!

Since you're playing in TUFX land is there any chance you would consider removing the word "profile" from in front of every profile on the profile selection screen? The ergonomics of scanning a long vertical list when a) entries are not left aligned and b) each entry has identical prepended text that has to be ignored is really less than optimal. I think the "Select a new profile" prompt makes it clear that the following list are all profiles.

• 2 weeks later...

TUFX 1.1.0 is now available! https://github.com/KSPModStewards/TUFX/releases

Note the change in github repo.  But you're using CKAN anyway, right?  Right?

New Dependencies

• ClickThroughBlocker
  • ToolbarController

Changes

• Remove patch that disables scatterer's temporal antialiasing
  • Better default profile settings (mostly removing the neutral tonemapper which tended to result in a desaturated image)
  • Added toolbarcontrol integration (you can use this to hide the toolbar button)
  • Added clickthroughblocker support and other code to prevent mouse interactions from affecting other things when interacting with the config window
  • Fixed icons appearing blurry when game is not at full texture resolution
  • TUFX window is now hidden when you press F2 (this is useful in photo mode - press escape then F2)
  • Disable stock antialiasing when HDR and bloom are enabled to prevent strobing artifacts
  • Configuration window now loads and saves directly to cfg files
  • Redesigned profile editor UI
  • Postprocessing effects now only apply to the final camera so that they don't get doubled up when in IVA or other situations.
  • Added a secondary camera antialiasing setting. The old setting will be applied only to the main camera (local space in flight). The secondary antialiasing method will be applied to other cameras (scaled space, internal camera, editor cameras). This prevents smearing when using temporal antialiasing because the cameras do not share motion information.
  • Fixed a bug where the bloom diffusion parameter would not get loaded from the profile
  • Fixed a NullReferenceException when saving a texture param with nothing selected
  • Added properties to customize antialiasing settings
  • Added support for changing the mainmenu profile in-game
  • Added a separate default profile for IVA mode
  • Properly set HDR on the GalaxyCamera

14 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

But you're using CKAN anyway, right?  Right?

It seems that the dependencies haven't been updated on CKAN... Right ?

17 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

TUFX window is now hidden when you press F2 (this is useful in photo mode - press escape then F2)

I am happy to report that this change nicely interacts with screenshots taken by the Historian Expanded mod. When Historian is set to autohide the GUI, any open TUFX window doesn't show in screenshots. That used to not happen; Historian couldn't hide the TUFX window.

• 1 month later...

I've been having an issue with TUFX interacting with Waterfall and especially Volumetric Clouds. When activating HDR in TUFX, there are a lot of black artifacts around clouds viewed through a waterfall plume. This also happens when looking at the sun with volumetric clouds infront (without looking through a waterfall plume), where the outlines of the clouds have black pixels around them. I've only seen this happen in lower orbit and when over the unlit side of a planet. Additionally I get some random outlines, probably the outlines of the clouds on screen, "burned" intro my screen.

KSP log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aox5DeWnq33epc7atk7oVgJVaxGZpDli/view?usp=sharing

Video:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

(EDIT) --- I found the section in the persistent file for TUFX and added Blackrack's profiles there, all works now!

I cannot seem to get all scenes to stay on the profile I want.  Here's my tufx.cfg file,  tried going with Blackrack's cfg for all scenes, but every single time I launch a craft and go to the launchpad it's back to the default profile cfg. I can change it there to Blackrack's, but it will not save. 

All other scenes are using Blackrack's cfg like they should, but not the launchpad

Am I missing something?

NCYmJex.png

Looking at the logfile I do see this error, which also makes no sense, because Blackrack's cfg works on all other scenes: 

hE5JOca.png

Edited by Eleven

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Here's a guess until someone who knows for sure answers: I doubt those values should have .cfg on them. I think they need to be a profile name, not a file name.

I see what you mean about the ,cfg extension. Didn't even notice that one line didn't have it, and all the others did!

I actually was looking through the persistent file and found the settings for TUFX.  I was able to just edit that to add Blackrack's profiles there, all is good now.