[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

574 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

21 hours ago, memerman02 said:

i got this error and idk what it wants me to do unknown.png

Most times, it's because the KSRSS folder is in the wrong place.  When the download is uncompressed it comes in a containing folder.  Be sure to copy the KSRSS folder itself into the /GameData folder (i.e. it would be [KSP Folder]/GameData/KSRSS

did u want the kopernicus one or the ksp one also how tf do i insert a file @mmamh2008

1 hour ago, Pehvbot said:

Most times, it's because the KSRSS folder is in the wrong place.  When the download is uncompressed it comes in a containing folder.  Be sure to copy the KSRSS folder itself into the /GameData folder (i.e. it would be [KSP Folder]/GameData/KSRSS

so i also need the mega pack in game data as well?

Just now, OrbitalManeuvers said:

A single cfg like that can live anywhere under the GameData folder. I have a CustomConfigs folder where I put stuff like that.

I put the config in the main GameData file, just asking does the config to make the orbits not inclined just the nolncplanets.cfg? because it wont work and Im wondering if the other configs are needed

3 hours ago, Adventures said:

I put the config in the main GameData file, just asking does the config to make the orbits not inclined just the nolncplanets.cfg? because it wont work and Im wondering if the other configs are needed

Nothing else is needed besides that config. If you open your ksp.log file in notepad, you should be able to search for "noincplanets" and find a few occurrences of the file being found and applied.

KSP 1.12.3/Kopernicus 2:1.12.1-77/KSRSS 0.7/Sigma Dimensions v0.10.8

Would like to have KSRSS with scale x2.5.  However, using above, I'm able to launch into low Earth orbit with only about 5000 dV (should be more like 6900, looking at dV map).  Seems that I have x1 scale?  Do I need to edit the Sigma Dimensions config to get x2.5?

For reference, I'm seeing the Moon's orbit is about 91000 Km above Earth; Earth orbit is about 35M Km above the Sun.

2 hours ago, Quickspin said:

KSP 1.12.3/Kopernicus 2:1.12.1-77/KSRSS 0.7/Sigma Dimensions v0.10.8

Would like to have KSRSS with scale x2.5.  However, using above, I'm able to launch into low Earth orbit with only about 5000 dV (should be more like 6900, looking at dV map).  Seems that I have x1 scale?  Do I need to edit the Sigma Dimensions config to get x2.5?

For reference, I'm seeing the Moon's orbit is about 91000 Km above Earth; Earth orbit is about 35M Km above the Sun.

That is correct for 2.5x scale.

What dV map are you using that shows 6900m/s?

3 hours ago, Quickspin said:

Hi lemon cup, thanks for your input...

Using the dV map on the OP...for x2.5...perhaps I'm misinterrpreting... but I think it shows an ascent of 5375 needed to get above the atm, and a total of 6855 to orbit.  Doesn't that mean 6855 to low orbit?

Ah I see what you are going off of. Yeah it is a bit confusing but my interpretation is that it's stating "5375" for Ascent to Orbit. I'm guessing 100km is the standard. Total must be referring to orbit + leaving sphere of influence.

I have been in 2.5x KSRSS for a while and 5200m/s is my average. 5000 is doable with a well designed launch vehicle and very efficient flying, which you seem to have!

3 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

is this 2.5x ? If yes , how did you get the continents to be clear and non-pixelated ?

sorry for the misinformation. this is RSS. but I didn't find an RSS forum and sent the screenshots here:/

https://imgur.com/cghnL1w
https://imgur.com/AIvE16e

Hello! I have been trying to solve this problem for hours to no avail, but I keep on getting a kopernicus error and it loads me into the stock system. Above are images of my gamedata
Also attached in a google drive, is my KSP.log. Please help, I have no idea how to fix this.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VRatHDeBWD4lSLk3s9Tym-ihyhHbS8Td/view?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, SpaceXEnthusiast said:

Hello!

You're missing Harmony which is a dependency of ConformalDecals, although that probably won't affect your Kopernicus errors. I didn't see anything else obviously wrong with the install. What version of Kopernicus do you have?

Not sure how you ended up in this situation, or how you get a trillion mods installed when the solar system doesn't even load.  Maybe try baby steps? Like, a clean GameData folder with both Squad folders, plus Kop + MFI + KSRSS + SigmaDim + mm.dll should start up without any errors.

8 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

You're missing Harmony which is a dependency of ConformalDecals, although that probably won't affect your Kopernicus errors. I didn't see anything else obviously wrong with the install. What version of Kopernicus do you have?

Not sure how you ended up in this situation, or how you get a trillion mods installed when the solar system doesn't even load.  Maybe try baby steps? Like, a clean GameData folder with both Squad folders, plus Kop + MFI + KSRSS + SigmaDim + mm.dll should start up without any errors.

Oh it's because I reinstalled my KSRSS save as it decided to stop loading, it had been working fine before that. It's the most recent version of Kopernicus

Edited by SpaceXEnthusiast
More info

10 minutes ago, SpaceXEnthusiast said:

It's the most recent version of Kopernicus

hmm, got me. I'm using 1.12.1.73 in a bunch of KSRSS installs without issue. Your log did show Kopernicus freaking out but I have no idea why. You might have better luck on the Kop thread, but no one is gonna be too thrilled about looking at a log file with a million mods. If I were in your position I would move about 80% of those folders out of GameData and try with the basics, and then move groups of related mods back in one group at a time. Maybe someone else has some better ideas.