Is there a way, to move a repair kit from a kerbs KIS inventory to some place where I can actually use it?

I'll admit I did no homework before trying out the new stock stuff (it isn't like how to use it is intuitive, no popup help, no hover help, that i could find) but I was able put a repair kit into the KIS seat inventory so I figured the devs had thought of that.  Wow! How thoughtful of them to mesh with KIS who Broke Ground on the whole inventory/fixing things and grew the KSP product in that vein.  Well, maybe, but I can't do anything with it.  I can grab it out of inventory, drop it, grab it, attempt to mount it somewhere, but it is simply not an object type KIS knows what to do with other than drop or put back into KIS inventory, and I can't figure out how to move it over to the new stock inventory.  I tried dropping it from the KIS inventory onto a craft surface in orbit, then when it went drifting tried to figure out how to pick it up in a stock, non-KIS, way to put it into the stock inventory and failed.  I thought I saw a comment the other day about that working but maybe I read it wrong or am doing it wrong.  Any clues welcome.  Next time repair kits will only go into the stock inventory system until I get more know-how. 

On a more general note, I think it is kind of a bummer that after all the hours devs put into creating mods for KSP and growing the customer base that I wonder how much time the KSP devs devoted to even considering making the new inventory system at least somewhat compatible with KIS, which broke ground on these features.  I mean how hard would it be to allow an item to be stored in either and moved between them?  Yeah, its irksome at best

29 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Remove it from KIS container and drop it on the ground. Then go into EVA Construction mode on an Engineer (hook button on toolbar), pick up the repair kit and stow it in stock inventory.

I tried that many, many times.  I was in space, not on the ground though.  So I was "dropping" it on the side of a craft.  The only way I could "pick it up" was via the KIS "G" grab key,  Nothing else seemed to work.  I was definitely in EVA Construction mode (the sidebar came up and everything).  The Kerb is a 5 star Engineer.  Probably a glitch.  But I did try all the normal voodoo: switching to another vessel and back to force an unload/reload, going to Tracking Center and back, etc.  I didn't shut down the game and refire it up though, nor reboot the computer.  I can only do so much voodoo before I get this strange feeling that my life is trickling away for no reason

• 2 years later...

I am removing kis and kas they do not play well with stock ksp inventoy..  I must have run the repair satellite mission 50 times.  I would either not be able to get the repair kits from stock inventory to the engineers inventory (either one the stock one or the kis one).  It was so non-intuitive and I was getting so liquided I was ready to kick my dog!  So I am just removing both kas and kis which is a same because I prefer them to the stock inventory.  I wish squad would have just adopted kis/kas instead of creating their own stand-up guy child version that is to complex and has insufficient storage.  I mean to carry three things to orbit you have to add the storage compartment part then put a storage part inside it.  And the engineer havine just two inv slots~!!!!  really!!!!  it just sucks ass.  My dog could have written a better less limiting invientory and attachment system

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.