Going to the Mun... BRB

Lesarthois

Hello everyone!

I'm just one solitary French kerbonaut that decided to socialize a little. :D

I discovered KSP in early 2012 (comparing the 0.13 and 0.17 versions, it feels like more time than that!) thanks to KurtJmac videos. I bought the game at version 0.14.1, as it seemed to evolve well... And I never regret it. :wink:

I never used any kind of mod, neither I looked up to see rocket designs. Of course this lead to catastrophic failures, but that's what we enjoy in KSP! :sticktongue:

As I was away for a month, I missed 0.16 and when I saw 0.17 coming, I waited until it was out.

And OMG new planets! :0.0: I'm not really a space nerd, I more like the simulation and "try and fail" of the game.

So this planet stuff... I feel like it's too much for one man to sort it out.

And anyway, I wanted to share my experience of KSP.

So here I am.

screenshot25.png

Innefficient and wobbly, that's the Kerbal way.... :cool:

So this planet stuff... I feel like it's too much for one man to sort it out.

And anyway, I wanted to share my experience of KSP.

So here I am.

That's how I feel too sometimes XD. Still, there is nothing wrong with more planets. Your ship looks like it will fall apart at any moment... I like :)

Thanks ^^

Veronique 3 didn't fall to pieces... yet. Though it's very wobbly, inneficient and spin around alot. In fact, all the lower stage only get me out of Kerbal atmosphere :D After that, then, the upper stages perform very well.

As for planets, I'm en route to Eve. I just made it the wrong way, and, I might manage to get in orbit around it, but this is going to take me Kerbal years.

Indeed, thanks you. :sticktongue: I wasn't used to those large Rockomax stuff, So I tried them. Also I had the idea to make a design that would fit both small and large pods.

It's not great, but the upper stages, as I said, are very efficient, on the other hand :

screenshot6.png

screenshot58.png

Some monster here made the legs clipping into the ground. Otherwise the landing was perfect. (that's what Bill said)

Salutations depuis l'ancien continent!

Thanks. I tried more designs, and either I make them too simple or too heavy, but they aren't as efficient as Veronique 3 is.

I just added it 3 SAS modules and some struts, so the upper stages wobble less and it doesn't spin like crazy anymore.

I managed to get in both Eve and Duna orbits with it! But, only got to orbit in the same direction than them, so I can't even get close to them. Still, I think that once I'll get how to get to them easily (it migh not be without any mod) I could fly to them and still have my 2ndstage to retroburn. Or even get to Jool orbit (might be tricky to get in Jool's attraction radius, but going on the same Kerbol orbit than Jool... might be possible) :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.