KSP2 Artemis Recreation

Ghostii_Space

On 9/29/2022 at 3:02 PM, mcwaffles2003 said:

The video shows the rocket separation in space though

As I said, this effect is omitted from KSP2. I was only describing how it works in real life.

It's better this way, though, because mostly-translucent hydrogen exhaust would not be very pretty to look at.

2 minutes ago, Just a random person said:

The terrain around them is completely different though.

I meant the surrounding structures, but yes, the terrain is different.
Edit: watched the video, all the terrain we see in the artemis video isn't in the screenshot.

Edited by Rutabaga22

On 10/8/2022 at 2:18 PM, Rutabaga22 said:

I meant the surrounding structures, but yes, the terrain is different.
Edit: watched the video, all the terrain we see in the artemis video isn't in the screenshot.

Yes I found this weird, the default launch site is supposed to be the Kennedy space center but at the equator. This was very mountainous. 
Now it could well be an secondary site but copying the features who is relevant for multiplayer. 

6 hours ago, jebycheek said:

Gorgeous! I'm a hardcore player, so I wanted to see how the robot parts and wings performed, i wonder why that part is still a mystery,or its meant to be a big surprise? ;)

So far, we have seen no mention of robotic parts, so there is a possibility that they won’t be in the base game at launch. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Wubslin said:

This was taken 20 minutes ago. The powered flyby is now done but we're still in LOS as I type this. Requesting a recreation screenshot from the devs, please!

RpJyxgd.jpg

Eughh those graphics are terrible. Mods look way better. 

2 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Eughh those graphics are terrible. Mods look way better. 

Hey, those normal maps look pretty detailed and whatever processing they are using to get that reflective lighting looks nice, though it clearly can’t be ray-traced. Shame the moon textures are all flat though…

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

"satellite planets" are also known as moons :)

ahem.

Planet satellites may be known as moons.

But a satellite planet typically implies the parent is a star, n'est cie pas?

Rask & Rusk... I'd call them both planets - but neither a moon.

Just now, JoeSchmuckatelli said:
17 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

"satellite planets" are also known as moons :)

ahem.

Planet satellites may be known as moons.

But a satellite planet typically implies the parent is a star, n'est cie pas?

Rask & Rusk... I'd call them both planets - but neither a moon.

"Satellite planets" are moons. What you are referring to is a binary planet :)

1 minute ago, Bej Kerman said:

"Satellite planets" are moons. What you are referring to is a binary planet :)

In archaic usage: the phrase satellite planet was used for a few centuries after the Galilean and other moons were discovered, before the word "moon" was extended in use from Earth's moon to the satellites of other planets. At the time, all bodies of the Solar system beside the Sun were called "planets", and the phrase satellite or secondary planet was used to distinguish satellites from the primary planets they orbited.

In modern usage, the term is used by astronomers who define a planet strictly by its physical characteristics. There are 19 at least satellite planets (planetary-mass moons) in the Solar system, including: the Earth's Moon, the four Galilean moons, Titan and the half dozen medium-sized moons of Saturn, the five medium-sized moons of Uranus, Triton, and Charon.

satellite planet - Wiktionary

Okay, fine

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 7:44 PM, mcpattyp said:

Anyone else a little concerned by the potato fps in atmosphere? Especially since this is definitely running off a high powered pc

Yes very… KSP 1 performance now is worse than it was at launch so it’s worrying that what is clearly a very low part count craft is chugging… ho hum, we’ll see soon enough anyway.

8 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

Yes very… KSP 1 performance now is worse than it was at launch so it’s worrying that what is clearly a very low part count craft is chugging… ho hum, we’ll see soon enough anyway.

The frame rate has improved DRASTICALLY since the Artemis recreation. I wouldn't be worried about it.