Kerbal Space Program 1.12.4 Releasing 11-2-2022

Intercept Games

• KSP Team

Patch notes Graphic.png

Hello Kerbonauts!
We here at mission control are happy to launch patch 1.12.4 on Wednesday November 2nd, 2022 which addresses the long awaited tutorial bug fixes!
We have also squashed an Alarm Clock bug that ignored custom day/year lengths.
As we are dedicating our time and effort to launching KSP2, future patches for KSP will be less prioritized but please continue to let us know about any bugs you encounter. Happy launching and remember your parachutes!

Patch Notes Change Log:
=================================== v1.12.4 ============================================================
+++ Bugfixes
* Fix Alarm Clock input fields ignoring configured custom day/year lengths.
* Fix Basic Flight tutorial.
* Fix Go For Orbit tutorial.
* Fix Intermediate Construction tutorial.
* Fix Advanced Construction tutorial.
* Fix Sub Orbital tutorial.
* Fix Craft Browser not showing the Hopper in Intermediate Construction tutorial.

New Launcher for KSP on Steam.
Will serve as a resource for news and updates about KSP & KSP 2 Early Access.
In addition, you will be able to give feedback through the launcher once KSP 2 has been released into Early Access. 

3 minutes ago, Intercept Games said:

Patch notes Graphic.png

Hello Kerbonauts!
We here at mission control are happy to launch patch 1.12.4 on Wednesday November 2nd, 2022 which addresses the long awaited tutorial bug fixes!
We have also squashed an Alarm Clock bug that ignored custom day/year lengths.
As we are dedicating our time and effort to launching KSP2, future patches for KSP will be less prioritized but please continue to let us know about any bugs you encounter. Happy launching and remember your parachutes!

Patch Notes Change Log:
=================================== v1.12.4 ============================================================
+++ Bugfixes
* Fix Alarm Clock input fields ignoring configured custom day/year lengths.
* Fix Basic Flight tutorial.
* Fix Go For Orbit tutorial.
* Fix Intermediate Construction tutorial.
* Fix Advanced Construction tutorial.
* Fix Sub Orbital tutorial.
* Fix Craft Browser not showing the Hopper in Intermediate Construction tutorial.

In addition, you will be able to give feedback through the launcher once KSP 2 has been released into Early Access. 

First like!  Muahahaha

36 minutes ago, Intercept Games said:

Hm, so it will be like the minecraft's java launcher, that there's the minecraft java and bedrock? Interesting thing to do

I'm glad development hasn't completely stopped, but I can't say I wasn't hoping for a little more from the update. There are still a lot of big bugs out there, and these were all minor/niche. Still, I'm very glad development isn't over.

3 hours ago, MechBFP said:

I am not a big fan of launchers *cough* XCOM2 *cough* but I will give it the benefit of the doubt for now until I get to try it and see it….

Considering one my most stated lines in the Tech support sub forums was "Don't use the launcher, it's broken and always has been, launch directly from the .exe", this is a good thing.   :D

And another one of our major tech support issues is new players not being able to finish the default tutorials without resorting to mods, this is also a good thing. 

Now, if they can get Flying Tiger or whatever studio is doing the console version into gear, it would help out with another common gripe we see. 

15 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Considering one my most stated lines in the Tech support sub forums was "Don't use the launcher, it's broken and always has been, launch directly from the .exe", this is a good thing.   :D

And another one of our major tech support issues is new players not being able to finish the default tutorials without resorting to mods, this is also a good thing. 

Now, if they can get Flying Tiger or whatever studio is doing the console version into gear, it would help out with another common gripe we see. 

Was there an existing launcher with the Steam version? If so I have never seen it as the game never used it (Steam just launches the game directly). I heard of that launcher being bad but I thought it was only for versions bought from the direct store. 

I thought this was about adding a front end launcher that launches instead of launching the game directly (haven’t been home to try it yet.)

Edited by MechBFP

5 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Was there an existing launcher with the Steam version? If so I have never seen it as the game never used it (Steam just launches the game directly). I heard of that launcher being bad but I thought it was only for versions bought from the direct store. 

Dunno, only ever played the store version.    And yes, it was bad. 

1 minute ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Will ksp2 use the same launcher like minecraft java and bedrock?

I am not sure I understand what you are asking, but if you are asking if KSP1 and KSP2 will use the same launcher then yes that is very likely going to be the case. 

45 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Thay announced long ago that 3rd party studio finished the work and Squad took the port under their own wings.

...and soon after they announced they're all going to help the work on KSP2. So eh?

I didn't read that it is releasing tomorrow lol, I just assumed it was released immediately.

Also, yes the Steam version DOES come with a launcher.exe.
I have never used it until today just to see what it looked like.

I am betting this update will force the launcher to launch when the game is launched through Steam, unlike how today it doesn't. While I appreciate the update, if that is indeed the case then the main reason why this update was released was to just include the launcher for KSP2 advertising... which is fine I guess, although I despise poorly made launchers so it better not be another XCOM2 fiasco.

Edited by MechBFP