Jump to content

[1.12] FreeIva


JonnyOThan

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, lassombra said:

Argh, so that appears to be an artifact of my attempts to scope this issue by removing other mods.  It would appear I removed one too many (or few?) The problem occurs without that error present in the log.

OK I think I see the issue; it's just a problem with the mk2Expansion long crew cabin.

Fixed, replace this file: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/main/GameData/FreeIva/Mk2Expansion/M2X_LongCabin.cfg

Thanks for the report (only too bad it just missed a release :p )

Edited by JonnyOThan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome, thanks for the fix!

P.S. If I wanted to customize a part with just a passthrough tunnel is there documentation somewhere on how to do that?  I'm trying to figure it out and can't seem to find it in this thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, tmccreight651 said:

How do I disable seeing the IVA when I'm in the external camera? I don't see it listed on the hotkeys.

The stock IVA overlay view toggle is alt+C, or click the small button near the kerbal portraits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Wulfrank said:

Great mod! Are there any plans to add the ability to transfer science from one pod to another without having to EVA?

Huh…interesting idea. I’ll have to think for a bit about a good way to do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been running into an issue with closing the docking hatch when it's attached to the top of a Mk1-3 Command Pod. I can open it just fine, but I can't seem to get in the right position to trigger the prompt to close it. I'm using RastorPropMonitor and Restock+, so I'm wondering if maybe the physical space the Kerbal needs to occupy to trigger the prompt is embedded inside the console or something. Is there another way to close docking hatches, like from a menu perhaps?

 

On 8/5/2023 at 11:48 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Huh…interesting idea. I’ll have to think for a bit about a good way to do it.

I just found out I can use a mod called Ship Manifest to transfer science, so now I'm one step closer to never having to leave IVA for the duration of a mission! I don't think I can ever go back to playing without FreeIVA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, firstly, love your work!

I've been having some issues getting the mod installed and running properly. I was initially on the latest version of KSP (1.12), not sure of the exact version number but it's the latest version on Steam as of today. I manually installed FreeIVA and Station Parts Expansion Redux and it worked great, except I couldn't pass through any of the multi-port station connectors or pressurised crew tubes ("hatch is blocked" error). I figured I'd messed something up during the manual install or used an outdated version.

So I downloaded CKAN, and then tried installing FreeIVA / Station Parts Expansion Redux. CKAN wouldn't allow this as apparently SPER is only compatible with 1.12.3 and below, so I rolled back my KSP 1.12.3 via Steam, started with a fresh KSP install, and everything copied across successfully, including some other mods I like using. Problem now is I get a black screen whenever I press 'C' to view inside the ships, plus the '[Y] Unbuckle' prompt doesn't appear implying FreeIVA isn't working either. I'd attach my log file and GameData folder, but I'm not sure how to on this forum!

I guess what I'm asking for is a step-by-step install guide if possible; sorry - I'm fairly new to this!

 

Edited by MagnetoDynamic
Correctness / more information
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MagnetoDynamic said:

I rolled back my KSP 1.12.3 via Steam

Don’t do this. In ckan, go to settings-> compatible game versions and check the box for 1.12.  You can optionally go back as far as 1.8, but do not check 1.7 or earlier.

The IVAs for SSPX are a separate install package in ckan.  Also you’ll probably want reviva since many of the structural parts have variants and FreeIVA needs reviva to work properly with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Don’t do this. In ckan, go to settings-> compatible game versions and check the box for 1.12.  You can optionally go back as far as 1.8, but do not check 1.7 or earlier.

The IVAs for SSPX are a separate install package in ckan.  Also you’ll probably want reviva since many of the structural parts have variants and FreeIVA needs reviva to work properly with them.

Yep - sorted it right out! Silly mistake on my part. The black screen happened because I didn't install the separate SSPX IVA package. Installed that plus reviva and all is well.

Thanks for your reply!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2022 at 9:39 PM, JonnyOThan said:

@pizzaoverhead, @Icecovery and I are proud to announce that after 7 long years in the WIP section, FreeIva is finally ready for a full release!

FreeIva allows you to get out of your seat in IVA mode and move around your ship - even between parts.  You can buckle up in another seat in a distant part to transfer crew, or use a hatch from the inside to go EVA.  All stock and DLC crewed parts, docking ports, and many adapters are supported.

 

 

Controls

Right-click to toggle the mouse between free look and pointer.

Keys Action Setting Name
Y Get out of seat (unbuckle) while on IVA UnbuckleKey
W Move forward ForwardKey
S Move backward BackwardKey
A Strafe left LeftKey
D Strafe right RightKey
X Toggle Crouch CrouchKey
Space Jump JumpKey
Q Roll counterclockwise (when in low gravity) RollCCWKey
E Roll clockwise (when in low gravity) RollCWKey
Left Shift Move upwards UpKey
Ctrl Move downwards DownKey
F Open or close a hatch that you're looking at OpenHatchKey
C Return to original seat  
Alt-G Toggle gravity  
Alt-Left-Click Grab or throw prop  
Left-Click Use prop

Dependencies

  • ModuleManager is required.
  • B9PartSwitch is recommended for passable variants of some of the stock parts.
  • Reviva is recommended for even more passable variants of some stock and modded parts.
  • RasterPropMonitor and ASET props are recommended for the stock inline docking ports.
  • CommunityCategoryKit is recommended to see all FreeIVA-supported parts at once.  You can also type "freeiva" into the stock search box, but may get some false positives.

Download

CKAN is recommended.

https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/releases
https://spacedock.info/mod/3151/FreeIva

Compatibility

The following sets of parts have full support:

Planned supported mods are listed here: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/labels/Mod Support.  If you'd like to see something that's not on the list, just let us know!

Support/Feedback

Here on the forum or https://discord.gg/vBDzZAq3AF.  You MUST include your ksp.log file with any bug reports.

Legal stuff

Source Code: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva

License: GPL2 for code, All Rights Reserved for other assets

 

On 11/10/2022 at 9:39 PM, JonnyOThan said:

@pizzaoverhead, @Icecovery and I are proud to announce that after 7 long years in the WIP section, FreeIva is finally ready for a full release!

FreeIva allows you to get out of your seat in IVA mode and move around your ship - even between parts.  You can buckle up in another seat in a distant part to transfer crew, or use a hatch from the inside to go EVA.  All stock and DLC crewed parts, docking ports, and many adapters are supported.

 

 

Controls

Right-click to toggle the mouse between free look and pointer.

Keys Action Setting Name
Y Get out of seat (unbuckle) while on IVA UnbuckleKey
W Move forward ForwardKey
S Move backward BackwardKey
A Strafe left LeftKey
D Strafe right RightKey
X Toggle Crouch CrouchKey
Space Jump JumpKey
Q Roll counterclockwise (when in low gravity) RollCCWKey
E Roll clockwise (when in low gravity) RollCWKey
Left Shift Move upwards UpKey
Ctrl Move downwards DownKey
F Open or close a hatch that you're looking at OpenHatchKey
C Return to original seat  
Alt-G Toggle gravity  
Alt-Left-Click Grab or throw prop  
Left-Click Use prop

Dependencies

  • ModuleManager is required.
  • B9PartSwitch is recommended for passable variants of some of the stock parts.
  • Reviva is recommended for even more passable variants of some stock and modded parts.
  • RasterPropMonitor and ASET props are recommended for the stock inline docking ports.
  • CommunityCategoryKit is recommended to see all FreeIVA-supported parts at once.  You can also type "freeiva" into the stock search box, but may get some false positives.

Download

CKAN is recommended.

https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/releases
https://spacedock.info/mod/3151/FreeIva

Compatibility

The following sets of parts have full support:

Planned supported mods are listed here: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/labels/Mod Support.  If you'd like to see something that's not on the list, just let us know!

Support/Feedback

Here on the forum or https://discord.gg/vBDzZAq3AF.  You MUST include your ksp.log file with any bug reports.

Legal stuff

Source Code: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva

License: GPL2 for code, All Rights Reserved for other assets

How to download Module Manager

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Think I may have found a bug with a part in Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - specifically the LV25 'Meerkat' Landing Assist. There is no 'Open Hatch [F]' prompt when I approach the hatch, so I can't pass through. Sorry I can't attach a picture/video to show you!

Versions: FreeIVA v0.2.16.1, Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.16 (with Hab Tech Props v0/2/0), Reviva 0.8.1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, MagnetoDynamic said:

Think I may have found a bug with a part in Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - specifically the LV25 'Meerkat' Landing Assist. There is no 'Open Hatch [F]' prompt when I approach the hatch, so I can't pass through. Sorry I can't attach a picture/video to show you!

Versions: FreeIVA v0.2.16.1, Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.16 (with Hab Tech Props v0/2/0), Reviva 0.8.1.

Logs might be useful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

Logs might be useful.

Ok, I built a craft to test this out - made of a KPBS Greenhouse, attached to a Meerkat Landing Assist, attached to a Planetary Laboratory.

Here's a link to my KSP.log file: https://ufile.io/rzz0bwj5

 

Also, in case it's relevant, the console in the F12 menu showed the following:

Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2023 at 12:52 PM, MagnetoDynamic said:

Ok, I built a craft to test this out - made of a KPBS Greenhouse, attached to a Meerkat Landing Assist, attached to a Planetary Laboratory.

Here's a link to my KSP.log file: https://ufile.io/rzz0bwj5

 

Also, in case it's relevant, the console in the F12 menu showed the following:

Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Thanks; I found the issue and it'll be fixed in the next release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

FreeIva 0.2.17.0 is now available!

https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/releases/tag/0.2.17.0

Controls: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/wiki/Controls
Support: https://discord.gg/vBDzZAq3AF
Supported Mods: https://github.com/pizzaoverhead/FreeIva/wiki#compatibility

Dependencies

  • ModuleManager is required.
  • B9PartSwitch is recommended for passable variants of some of the stock parts.
  • Reviva is recommended for even more passable variants of some stock and modded parts.
  • RasterPropMonitor and ASET Consolidated Props are recommended for the stock inline docking ports.
  • CommunityCategoryKit is recommended to see all FreeIVA-supported parts at once. You can also type "freeiva" into the stock search box, but may get some false positives.

Notable Changes

Bug Fixes Etc.

  • Fix some issues with Mk2Expansion
  • Added missing parameters to settings.cfg (jump key, jumpforce, walkable slope)
  • Support parts that don't use mesh colliders
  • Fix NRE when airlock is missing
  • Tourists can no longer go EVA
  • Now checks for obstructions before playing the animation on EVA hatches
  • Parts without inherent tags now get the freeiva tag and category correctly
  • Fixed KPBS landing engine passthrough
  • Fixed some issues with Exploration Rover Systems
  • Smoothed out roll inputs in zero-g

Known Issues

  • Windows in distant parts do not render correctly
  • Centrifuge internals are always visible when JSI Advanced Transparent Pods is installed

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...