Save compatibility and early access

Do we have any information about whether there is going to be save game compatibility during the early access phase of KSP 2? That is, if I start a game when it first comes out, is it likely that I can continue to use the same save up until the final release? or is it more likely that I'll have to keep restarting?
I understand the point of early access, and issues that may cause a save to become incompatible are always a possibility, but does anybody know how likely that is to occur? Did it happen in KSP 1?

I think in the Q&A section or the following pages of the early access announce thread, it was mentioned that save compatibility was an important objective throughout Early Access (at least, forwards compatibility), but no guarantees were made that it would work out fully. 

26 minutes ago, Robin Patenall said:

Thanks. I'm glad that they at least have the issue in mind and hopefully will have it all work out.

I suspect that when the Science / progression mode comes out that we'd have the same issue of KSP with trying to load a pre-made ship into the VAB when certain parts are not yet unlocked. 

I have a pure guess that once science (roadmap) is complete that persistence is more likely than earlier in EA. 

In fact, I think the first two weeks will be a total dust up of people finding unexpected ways to combine parts with conflict reports coming in fast and furious.  Thus if you recreate your Grand Tour craft part by part (presuming they're in the EA Sandbox) in the first two weeks - I suspect that it's chances of surviving an update are worse than one built later. 

I base this on years of experience in SWAG.