KSP2 Sneakpeeks

Dakota

19 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

Finally, something that actually looks like a game. Still don't feel great about old parts without revamps from the first game, but hey, at least it's something. 

the most important part is not really the exterior, they are pretty good, its the IVA that can/could come..

a remaster of that completely changes how the game plays/feels.

Just now, Stephensan said:

the most important part is not really the exterior, they are pretty good, its the IVA that can/could come..

a remaster of that completely changes how the game plays/feels.

I wasn't necessarily talking about the capsule, but yeah. The best thing here is the interior and exterior being one seamless part and not a weird transparent overlay from the first game. That alone, even without an interior revamp, is huge. 

Just now, xXIndestructibleEVAXx said:

Not to mention it also makes cutaways in areas other than windows

Oh yeah. I know but I wasn't confident enough in my memory to make that call. Windows don't let light pass through bits of your house that don't have windows, so again, "just like KSP 1" as they said earlier is a fallacious claim.

1 hour ago, Alexoff said:

Yes, I'm wrong, in fact, in my video from 2017, a fake and a provocation

In addition to what was already mentioned, KSP1's interior overlay is a very hacky solution. It's literally an overlay, the "windows" render on top of everything else. You can have a bunch of parts in front of the window and the interior will still render over all of it. This also means you can't look in one window and back out another. It was a fun little hacky thing built on top of the existing parts; in KSP2 it's modeled into the parts themselves. Consider also the following (timestamped):

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

Oh yes because it's the default setting (as you show 5 seconds later) and works only for windows

What an incredible leap forward! How little people need to be happy!

41 minutes ago, i dont know how to forum said:

In addition to what was already mentioned, KSP1's interior overlay is a very hacky solution.

And in KSP2?

2 minutes ago, Alexoff said:
1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

Oh yes because it's the default setting (as you show 5 seconds later) and works only for windows

What an incredible leap forward! How little people need to be happy!

Not to mention in KSP 1 being able to see through a window that's behind a fuel tank. Yes, we like our games to not look terrible. The physically impossible windows you use happily look terrible.

3 minutes ago, Alexoff said:
48 minutes ago, i dont know how to forum said:

In addition to what was already mentioned, KSP1's interior overlay is a very hacky solution.

And in KSP2?

And in KSP 2 it's a not-so-hacky solution that doesn't punch holes in your fuel tank so you can see the Kerbals behind it.

7 hours ago, Alexoff said:

Is it high resolution, new screenshot and new build? The screenshot looks so perfect, like it's not KSP2, but at least KSP12! Please nerf it, otherwise my 3070 won't be able to work!

You can see a noticeable progress compared to the pre-alpha, right, guys?

5E3YAGi.png

Not meaning to be a stickler, but in the Pre-Alpha Capture, you can see PBR and some nice scatter. Now, as Ghostii has said in the discord, the Beta image is most likely a picture that one of the devs had on hand from a test and decided to post it. I do hope the Beta image is on a low setting though. Great job on the image of the rocket and clouds Dakota! The Kerbals look so excited and in horror at the same time! :cool:

17 hours ago, i dont know how to forum said:

In addition to what was already mentioned, KSP1's interior overlay is a very hacky solution. It's literally an overlay, the "windows" render on top of everything else. You can have a bunch of parts in front of the window and the interior will still render over all of it. This also means you can't look in one window and back out another. It was a fun little hacky thing built on top of the existing parts; in KSP2 it's modeled into the parts themselves. Consider also the following (timestamped):

Wow, I haven't seen this clip before. That looks amazing! Seeing their little (big) heads bob around like that is going to be so much fun.

19 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Oh yes, very much like it lc2lm8irhef91.png?auto=webp&s=123776f31b

There's a button to turn the windows transparent. The issue then was what that does is render the IVA through cutouts in the model. This is why it made sense to make that optional. That's a whole other model and textures to load, that you aren't even looking at a lot of the time. 

The new windows look great, but if I need those 10fps that costs then I'd like the option to turn it off.