[1.12] Other Worlds - A Story and Planet Mod

Pkmniako

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the mod. Two questions:

1) How are y'all plotting interstellar trajectories? I can never get my hyperbolic trajectory to display out there. Fortunately, I've been writing kOS scripts that can do the job, but how can it be done manually?

2) Are the contracts necessary for the story in career mode? I want to play without the comm network, and that seems to prevent the contracts from registering that I have antennas. Maybe I could also edit the contracts to remove this requirement?

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So i was testing how much solar i need for probes and realized just how compact this system is. Pequar gets the same insolation as Kerbin. Vessa gets 2.6x which is more than Eve. Troni gets a whopping 34x which is like 5x Moho.  Nienna gets a huge drop to 0.17x and Prima&Secunda gets 0.1x which is the same as Dres

Edit: actually PrimaSecunda and Dres have the same semimajor axis so it appears this is a bug. Fore some reason Cercani has the same luminosity as Kerbol. Its supposed to have like 0.15 but then the planets are too far. The system should fit under the orbit of Eve

Edited by EnderiumSmith

• 2 weeks later...

I got stuck with the signals.

Spoiler

after doing the outer system it sent me home and i located it but its encrypted. i tried various combinations of the dates from the previous messages but nothing worked. i also found 2 other signals flying around but those were also encrypted. I also found one like this on niko but couldnt locate it. did i miss the signal that tells me how to deal with them? there was nothing on the other moons of nienna. maybe this is supposed to stop me from doing them out of order by skipping the outer system but then why arent there any hints in the ones i found? The secunda one clearly sends me to the moon not the planet.

Do I also need Kerbal Konstructs for this mod? The first antenna and box thing on Vassa won't load in (I landed basically on the marker and there was nothing, just terrain, terrain, and more terrain, and water, and more water... And you get the picture. Granted, I didn't put any survey probe around Vassa), and I'm willing to bet none of the others load in as well.

On 1/5/2024 at 8:43 AM, EnderiumSmith said:

I got stuck with the signals.

Hide contents

after doing the outer system it sent me home and i located it but its encrypted. i tried various combinations of the dates from the previous messages but nothing worked. i also found 2 other signals flying around but those were also encrypted. I also found one like this on niko but couldnt locate it. did i miss the signal that tells me how to deal with them? there was nothing on the other moons of nienna. maybe this is supposed to stop me from doing them out of order by skipping the outer system but then why arent there any hints in the ones i found? The secunda one clearly sends me to the moon not the planet.

Answer:

Spoiler

You've missed some stuff. You might want to re-read previous content or go searching a bit more.

On 1/5/2024 at 6:50 PM, AbsolutelyNotKirrim said:

Do I also need Kerbal Konstructs for this mod? The first antenna and box thing on Vassa won't load in (I landed basically on the marker and there was nothing, just terrain, terrain, and more terrain, and water, and more water... And you get the picture. Granted, I didn't put any survey probe around Vassa), and I'm willing to bet none of the others load in as well.

Answer:

You don't need KK. Though take in mind the game has a weird bug where, sometimes, if using Alt+F12 to teleport to the location, it can disappear. If this happens, reload the game.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason every time i open the save it says something about copying some artifact but its never there.

I found with the asteroids around Vessa and Nienna the lowest points go bellow sea level and stop rendering, i didnt test if the collision still exists.

When you get set back to Vessa the signals are so weak that it impossible to detect them from cruising altitude. I flew around the whole western hemisphere before doing low passes around the first one. This wasnt a problem around the previous place, i even found one out of order. Exactly what kind of vehicle is expected to have for Vessa anyway since the heisenberg electric props are quite obscure.

Also why were the original flags removed? i like the spikier logo from the old version.

Spoiler

this is my plane btw

b86Screenshotfrom202312.png

i think i found a bug

Spoiler

The location of the pequar artifact has no signal at all. And because its dark at the poles i had to use the scansat anomaly scanner to find it and i was only 3km off. Theres an antenna there so it should have something. i activated the spike but now what? theres no message and it doesnt point at anything. nothing changed from what i can tell after it did its thing. I dont have a relay around vessa so i cant remote control the plane to check the bay. i did find a "disole3" signal a while ago but i dont know if its the next one.

also the vessa signals go D92 D96 D10 so it appears to be a typo there. i found a D62 in a random crater on pequar that didnt say anything of note which should probably be D262. could do with a better placement too since it caused a lot of confusion roving from the equator up and suddenly having to double back a lot thinking its the actual target.

Spoiler

here is what i mean with about D62

Pequarvisual1802x901.png

oh and the new artifact has the same problem where its not actually in the VAB.

Edited by EnderiumSmith

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This recommends the Far Future and near future. I am use to a couple of the other mods that offer faster travel and was wondering if the outer worlds would be playable.

I started to get the various futures mods but it added quite a number in total with dependencies  and the far future isn't currently managed. I have a significant number of parts mods that i have curated and am comfortable with. Just curious if this was do able. I assume that if specific aspects were tied to these parts, like missions and such it would be required.

If strongly recommended means this will be very difficult with FTL and warp drive i have a vanilla install i use for custom mod installs and can work that up.

Looking forward to trying it one way or the other

So, i started this mod last weekend and got stucked an certain point.

Spoiler

System is not too far away, so i used some saltwater-engines and a small fleet (4 ships with attached landing-units) to get there - no problem for this point.

Also, it was easy to find the 1st signal on Vessa.

So i started to this little moon to get the next location/signal whatever.

At the 1st time, these waypoints where in the orbit of C2-1 - no chance to get them anyway.

So i did a reload and these waypoints where on the surface.

But at non of these waypoints i found anything at all, never getting 100% signal at none of these points

I have no hind at all, if i have to fly from wp to wp or if this doesn´t matter and if so, which one is the starting wp and in which order i have to fly to them.

Two questions, both probably dumb. Does this have Space Dust support, or any plans for it? It'd be cool to run a full Avatar-like mission there and back. 

And does in game music volume setting affect the music added by this game. I really don't want to miss it, but I can also only handle so much Kevin Macleod.