Unable to transfer kerbals in space between pods

Steve7893

Kerbal-Space-Program-2-2-27-2023-4-21-55

I've finally learned enough about the memory corruption bugs caused by docking to know when to hit Exit And Save, so that I did achieve this.   Now I want to transfer Kerbals between pods.   But alas, this is broken too, and no amount of "Save/Exit and Reload" fixes it.   Further in this ship as shown in the image, Eva button is also perpetually broken, even though none of the doors are blocked.   Pressing any of the buttons shown Fill/Empty on the Kerbal manager, or hovering over the images to get the Eva button.......pressing any of those just causes a "bleep", and nothing happens.

Using the combo boxes in the kerbal manager is no help.   If you set Location B, you get one choice: The name of this combined ship.   Choosing that makes Location A side go to "None" all slots disappear.  Same if you try to reselect a Location A.   In that case the Location B panel goes back to blank.

Wait a minute.   While the GUI is misleading and extremely uninititive, this can be done.

Grab a kerbal's picture in the Kerbal resource manager, and drag/drop it onto an empty slot.

That seems to work.   Eva is still broken though.

Edited by Steve7893