KSP2 Release Notes - Update v0.1.1.0

Intercept Games

I suspect some of this list was already fixed prior to launch, and that there was a freeze period. That said, this is quite a list even if it covers an extra week or two of work. From one dev to another, well done team and keep making the vision happen.

42 minutes ago, Dakota said:

The community's feedback is critical to KSP2's future development. We're building the game with you all!

Thanks for the kind words @ShadowZone, will definitely pass along to the team.

Would of been nice if you developed a bit more before needing the community. 

Maybe another year or two to get the game anywhere near ready.

Adjusted the surface attach node to be on the ventral surface of Mk2 parts

Both good and bad. Now space planes can't be built with side mounts. Why not have attach points on all six sides of the Mk2 RFT-800 for example? Even with the AD-25 Aerodynamic Decoupler it is now impossible to connect this tank using the pointed edges.

Just now, uglyduckling81 said:

Would of been nice if you developed a bit more before needing the community

I've ranted in one of the topics that the new maneuver node arrows are crap, and that KSP 1 symbols we're better. One patch later, behold, the node was restyled. Being a narcissist that I am, I'll continue to believe that my input forced them to change it, just the way I like it.

On a more serious note, they're experimenting with new stuff and designs, and it is best to iron out some of the things early. I really appreciate an opportunity for fans to partially dictate game development. You don't see that often, if ever. 

Lots of things broken now that weren't broken before...

Camera view goes wonky in the VAB. You have to go to KSP center and then back to VAB to fix it.

Large reaction wheels seem like they do absolutely nothing on the vehicle I built,  some gimballed engines still make rockets go crazy and the only fix I had is now not working right.

The strength of some connection points I had are now extremely weak..

Some parts have lost their ability to be created using the mirror placement function and instead place opposite..

When reverting the the VAB my ship was placed into the ground and completely broken. Lost over an hour of of time I spent working on it and had to start from scratch. 

The Kraken is still spinning me out of control for no reason. In a game where flying rockets is the biggest selling point. We need to make rockets fly right first and foremost.

2 hours ago, uglyduckling81 said:

Did you forget that this is EA?

2 minutes ago, B15hop said:

Lots of things broken now that weren't broken before...

Camera view goes wonky in the VAB. You have to go to KSP center and then back to VAB to fix it.

Large reaction wheels seem like they do absolutely nothing on the vehicle I built,  some gimballed engines still make rockets go crazy and the only fix I had is now not working right.

The strength of some connection points I had are now extremely weak..

Some parts have lost their ability to be created using the mirror placement function and instead place opposite..

When reverting the the VAB my ship was placed into the ground and completely broken. Lost over an hour of of time I spent working on it and had to start from scratch. 

The Kraken is still spinning me out of control for no reason. In a game where flying rockets is the biggest selling point. We need to make rockets fly right first and foremost.

Nearly half of these seem to have been there before the patch came.

2 hours ago, uglyduckling81 said:

Are you volunteering to finance said two years of development?

"Would be nice" and "who bankrolls that" tend to go hand in hand.

9 hours ago, Intercept Games said:

Updated colliders and stretched textures in the parking garage at KSC

How could you do this to me? Where am I supposed to park my rovers now? Now I have to fly there to do stunts off the roof?

I think I'm speaking for the entire community when I say that an enterable parking garage with collide-able ramps is a TOP COMMUNITY PRIORITY. Can the team prioritize this for the next release?

1 hour ago, gussi111 said:

Did you forget that this is EA?

Nearly half of these seem to have been there before the patch came.

And those were mostly supposed to be “fixed” according to patch notes.
Listen, I’m happy they are working on it but what’s broken is broken and white knighting isn’t helping. 
I have high hopes for the games but I’m still speaking the truth. 

Good job on the patch guys. I look forward to the next one but my last 4 hours was full of bugs. It’s a fact. Sorry.

Edited by B15hop

11 hours ago, Stephensan said:

What does the rocket symbol mean, finished? or a POI?

The rocket symbol means it was fixed with the help of community members. It is listed at the top of the patch notes. To answer your question, as far as I can tell, they were finished.

Thank for the patch, it seems and feels huge: we will need time to "check" the bugs improvements but on the performance side there is a small, but noticeble, fps improvement... on the launch and low orbit with Kerbin on the screen I feel get some FPS more (3/5 ?) then before, from 12/15 to 17/18 at 2K, lowest settings with a 2070. Still bad of course... but there is some improvement there so... thumbs up and keep up the good work!

43 minutes ago, Izny said:

"Optimized kerbal hair compression scripts"
This is obviously the most important thing. Jeb was almost considering opening up a barbershop

Some pundits were complaining about the disproportionate vertex count of the Kerbal's hair and how it impacted performance, which might explain why it was prioritized.

Has anyone checked how fuel flows are working now?

Problem was, that even if crossfeed was turned off, rockets still used fuel from the top part.

Long story short, when you detach lander to land on mun orv wherever, you have empty fuel tanks.

Also asymetric fuel consumption is a real problem and makes rocket spinning.

I just want to say very impressive work on so many bug fixes in such short time! I see this as strong indication of the Dev team’s commitment to deliver in everything they promised and hope this builds faith among those jaded by the launch release. Honestly, I’m thankful to have been a day one adopter so I can share this journey with the team and community. The feedback loop and dialogue between Development and user community is honestly unreal. A special thanks to @Nate Simpson for not only pushing through all the early organizational challenges with this project, but his continued excitement, poise, and commitment to delivering the vision of this game through what was an objectively tenuous start. The future is bright!

On 3/16/2023 at 1:00 PM, Intercept Games said:

:1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed loss of vehicle control after undocking

I am still experiencing this one. Doesn't seem to matter of it is separated by docking port or decoupler they lose comm net. Even on the pad/ runway.  I was going to post detailed bug report but couldn't start the thread as I haven't hit 5 posts yet. 

Going to try to uninstall and reinstall while working today, and hopefully have more success tonight. 

Update: reinstall did not resolve. In another thread I found a work around that seems to work. When comm net is lost, quick save, and then load the save and comm net will be restored. (Assuming it was the big causing it and not a "shoot, I forgot to add an antenna" issue) :)

Edited by Jon S
Updated with work around and then fixed an autocorrect typo