highly recommend not playing this till its more optimized...

GizmoMagui

while the GPU is pegged at 100% load and no load at all under RAM or CPU its putting a strain on just the GPU and could quite possibly over heat.  So if u plan on playing this game i recommend these checks before proceeding.
1, clean the computer 
2, well ventilated room
3, put computer within the coldest room or basement 
4, good luck because you'll need it while it melts your GPU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mine stayed cool enough because it has an AC unit blowing on it while its -5C/23F outside 16C/61F in house  under load it was reaching 70C / 158F way higher if i didn't have a cold room. So keeping a cool room will keep the temps at bay so highly recommend a cool place to play haha
CPU load  range from 4% to 6%
Ram load 2.7%
Ethernet seems it sends out data..........
GPU load mostly 100% while not much is being shown or on screen.

Screenshot-2023-03-17-235549.png
while my PC seems safe enough with its Temps. it might not be for everyone so take my input with a big grain of salt and happy gaming..
PC spec
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X,
ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090TI OC White Edition 24g,
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 64GB 2x DDR4 3200,
MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX AM4,
Seasonic Px-1300watts 80plus Platinum,
RAIJINTEK PAEAN ATX Case,
LG A1 55 inch Class 4K Smart OLED TV,
Audio
Line 6 POD Studio UX2,
Akai RPM800 Active Studio Monitors,

crying when it only uses 5% to 10% of my computers resources... 
need to get that train going from Dumbo that song as its ascends up the hill "i think i can i think i can"

Interesting.

I'm running a 3070 pushing 4k.  My GPU is getting between 50 c and 75c depending on what I'm doing, and I keep the game up and running for quite a while.  Air cooled, but a well-ventilated box.  Just sitting in an ambient air room, no special AC setup (probably 68 degrees).

OTOH I am getting 100% GPU during low altitude stuff.

But these GPUs should be fine at those temperatures.  Not uncommon for these 3000 series cards to get above 80 - and I don't think they even start throttling until 85 or so.

I'm mostly recommending people to not play if they just want to play.  If they enjoy the Alpha/Beta experience and want to help identify bugs... I'd still probably recommend waiting for the next patch - although this one changed the game considerably.

GPUs are meant to run at 100% and are designed to run hot. If they get too hot because of something like the users computer is dirty and clogged with dirt/hair they will automatically throttle anyway.

It’s not a problem. 

Modern CPU/Graphics Cards are design to run at full power, although full power is relative and it depends on the available power and cooling.

On the other hand, full power and 100% utilization it's not the same thing. When a tool is stating that the GPU/CPU utilization is at 100% it's just tells you that component is not waiting for anything to do it's work. So if for example the GPU utilization is at 50% is just means that the GPU works 50% of the time at full blast and waits 50% of the time, it doesn't mean that the GPU works 100% of the time at 50% power.

8 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Interesting.

I'm running a 3070 pushing 4k.  My GPU is getting between 50 c and 75c depending on what I'm doing, and I keep the game up and running for quite a while.  Air cooled, but a well-ventilated box.  Just sitting in an ambient air room, no special AC setup (probably 68 degrees).

OTOH I am getting 100% GPU during low altitude stuff.

But these GPUs should be fine at those temperatures.  Not uncommon for these 3000 series cards to get above 80 - and I don't think they even start throttling until 85 or so.

I'm mostly recommending people to not play if they just want to play.  If they enjoy the Alpha/Beta experience and want to help identify bugs... I'd still probably recommend waiting for the next patch - although this one changed the game considerably.

4 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Modern nvidia GPUs sit comfortable even at just above 80⁰c.

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

GPUs are meant to run at 100% and are designed to run hot. If they get too hot because of something like the users computer is dirty and clogged with dirt/hair they will automatically throttle anyway.

It’s not a problem. 

57 minutes ago, sumeee said:

Modern CPU/Graphics Cards are design to run at full power, although full power is relative and it depends on the available power and cooling.

On the other hand, full power and 100% utilization it's not the same thing. When a tool is stating that the GPU/CPU utilization is at 100% it's just tells you that component is not waiting for anything to do it's work. So if for example the GPU utilization is at 50% is just means that the GPU works 50% of the time at full blast and waits 50% of the time, it doesn't mean that the GPU works 100% of the time at 50% power.

so while ice is freezing outside and i have to run an window AC next to the computer just to get stable numbers and not  have the PC shut down on me from overheating. You think this is safe? haha these temps here are only because i have a window AC running over the computer case cuz its an OPEN type.  I put the Case in my spec sheet for a reason. If your computer shuts down from overheating while playing any game its a failsafe to protect your devices. While my CPU roughly sits around 27c to 35c the GPU was pegging well over its limit and thus the $6,500plus  computer build was shutting down. Now i'm not stating that everyone setup runs normal or cooler. the fact i have to have an AC unit blowing on a OPEN style pc without it overheating on JUST this GAME,  Is saying something.....

the key point here is, water freezes outside and i need to have a freaking AC unit running in WINTER wearing a freaking coat in my room just to keep the computer stable and u think this is nominal haha this makes me laugh.

Edited by GizmoMagui

What temp is your GPU? 70? It's way below overheating. If your pc shuts down at GPU reaching 80, you have other problems. And if you're so worried, get a MSI afterburner, set a temp limit and never worry again.

Meanwhile, I enjoy the warmth coming from my PC, very pleasant in cold winter months.

21 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

What temp is your GPU? 70? It's way below overheating. If your pc shuts down at GPU reaching 80, you have other problems. And if you're so worried, get a MSI afterburner, set a temp limit and never worry again.

Meanwhile, I enjoy the warmth coming from my PC, very pleasant in cold winter months.

haha why would i need another program when i can do all of the temp curves in the bios haha silly boy tricks are for kids.  the failsafe i set was from 90c and 100c from the bios the fact my GPU was reaching this twice and then i put the AC unit in the window in the dead of winter haha while its SNOWING outside are u kidding me.
this game runs my GPU so hot that it puts other games even CP2077 to shame. i even had to lock the 1,000plus FPS i was getting to a stable 75 to be safe. WHILE IN THE MENU. there SHOULD be a FPS cap for the menu 
CP2077 burnt up cards in the menu
New World brunt up cards while in the menu luckly they patched it a day of the reports. 
and now this game menu has NO CAP of FPS  unless u roll V-sync or Free-sync. as well setting a FPS cap to your card. But we know people love high FPS numbers so they OP'ed out having these on 

DAY ONE PATCH should of locked FPS while in menu and it didn't so again i leave you with another Grain Of Salt  "play at your own risk"  

Edited by GizmoMagui

38 minutes ago, GizmoMagui said:

so while ice is freezing outside and i have to run an window AC next to the computer just to get stable numbers and not  have the PC shut down on me from overheating. You think this is safe? haha these temps here are only because i have a window AC running over the computer case cuz its an OPEN type.  I put the Case in my spec sheet for a reason. If your computer shuts down from overheating while playing any game its a failsafe to protect your devices. While my CPU roughly sits around 27c to 35c the GPU was pegging well over its limit and thus the $6,500plus  computer build was shutting down. Now i'm not stating that everyone setup runs normal or cooler. the fact i have to have an AC unit blowing on a OPEN style pc without it overheating on JUST this GAME,  Is saying something.....

the key point here is, water freezes outside and i need to have a freaking AC unit running in WINTER wearing a freaking coat in my room just to keep the computer stable and u think this is nominal haha this makes me laugh.

If I can make a suggestion - take this story over to [H]ardOCP. Hard Forum Link

I'm guessing you have a problem that isn't directly being caused by the GPU temp. There are a lot of folks there who really enjoy getting into the weeds of stuff like this. 

All I can say is my rig is sitting in a closed, old Corsair Graphite series 600T (white) which isn't especially clean (although I do blow it out every few months).  I've got a front panel fan, back panel fan and the top vents open.  Glass is closed. 

No overheating problems at all. 

I ran a stock craft about a week ago and recorded various things including a launch to orbit and IIRC 73 degrees was the high end of Temps for the run. 

Also - why are you getting snarky with the people trying to help you? 

55 minutes ago, GizmoMagui said:

It's clearly a hardware problem and you have to investigate and figure out what can you do to fix it. You should be able to run your rig at 100% GPU & CPU all the time at over 30°C room temp without any issues.

Do a Google search or post on some hardware forums (as JoeSchmuckatelli suggest) and figure out what issue you have with your graphics card.

54 minutes ago, GizmoMagui said:

so while ice is freezing outside and i have to run an window AC next to the computer just to get stable numbers and not  have the PC shut down on me from overheating. You think this is safe?

(...)

I think what he's trying to say is that while 70°C is a high temperature, it is in the working range of your GPU. I would follow Joe's advice, something is seriously wrong if your hardware it's struggling and given that most of the commenters here don't recognize your symptoms in their computer, it's not unreasonable to suggest that, one way or another, your hardware has issues.

Cooling efficiency depends on temperature gradients and if a GPU is running at 120° (you're describing melting so I assume it's way over the 80° it can handle just fine) that gradient is already quite large and lowering your room temperature isn't really doing anything. If it is, something is seriously wrong with the airflow in your PC case, even when it's open.

For what it's worth, my 10 year old $1200 hardware (which includes a recent GPU upgrade) absolutely runs fine without any thermal issues when running the game, and yes, I checked, it was one of the first things I did.

I'm not saying you don't have problems, clearly you do, but consider the option that it's not the software, but rather the hardware setup somehow unable to cope with the demands, as it seems to be an isolated case.

1 minute ago, Kerbart said:

I think what he's trying to say is that while 70°C is a high temperature, it is in the working range of your GPU. I would follow Joe's advice, something is seriously wrong if your hardware it's struggling and given that most of the commenters here don't recognize your symptoms in their computer, it's not unreasonable to suggest that, one way or another, your hardware has issues.

Cooling efficiency depends on temperature gradients and if a GPU is running at 120° (you're describing melting so I assume it's way over the 80° it can handle just fine) that gradient is already quite large and lowering your room temperature isn't really doing anything. If it is, something is seriously wrong with the airflow in your PC case, even when it's open.

For what it's worth, my 10 year old $1200 hardware (which includes a recent GPU upgrade) absolutely runs fine without any thermal issues when running the game, and yes, I checked, it was one of the first things I did.

I'm not saying you don't have problems, clearly you do, but consider the option that it's not the software, but rather the hardware setup somehow unable to cope with the demands, as it seems to be an isolated case.

5 minutes ago, sumeee said:

It's clearly a hardware problem and you have to investigate and figure out what can you do to fix it. You should be able to run your rig at 100% GPU & CPU all the time at over 30°C room temp without any issues.

Do a Google search or post on some hardware forums (as JoeSchmuckatelli suggest) and figure out what issue you have with your graphics card.

its as if u never read the whole thing. ROFL

9 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Insulting the people who are trying to help you. Smart move!

who said i needed help?  i never once asked for any kind of help nor had i spoke up and said (raises hand) i need help pick me pick me... if i needed help i would be in the (help section of the forums  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22 minutes ago, GizmoMagui said:

who said i needed help?  i never once asked for any kind of help nor had i spoke up and said (raises hand) i need help pick me pick me... if i needed help i would be in the (help section of the forums  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Folks like you make me laugh.

It's like you're sitting in a broken down car shouting that no one should drive on the freeway because it has potholes.

Fix your own problems.

11 hours ago, GizmoMagui said:

while the GPU is pegged at 100%

What are you doing while the GPU is at 100%

and no load at all under RAM

What do you even mean by RAM under load? Are you going to show us a hard drive with 90% free space on the disk and include your HD is also under no load? O_o

4, good luck because you'll need it while it melts your GPU

If your GPU melts, that's a bad GPU. Plain and simple

mine stayed cool enough because it has an AC unit blowing on it while its -5C/23F outside 16C/61F in house  under load it was reaching 70C / 158F way higher if i didn't have a cold room. So keeping a cool room will keep the temps at bay so highly recommend a cool place to play haha

First off, why does the temperature outside matter? It could be -100 outside but if your room is still room temperature that's the only environment the computer knows. Secondly, blowing an AC unit directly on your board is dangerous as that can make parts of your build sub-ambient meaning it can have condensation form on it, which needless to say, is bad.

CPU load  range from 4% to 6%

Understood, your CPU is bottlenecked. What situation are you in when this happens and what settings are you on?

Ram load 2.7%

Again, what?

GPU load mostly 100% while not much is being shown or on screen.

Can you show us  what is on screen?

while my PC seems safe enough with its Temps. it might not be for everyone so take my input with a big grain of salt and happy gaming..

PC's are not dangerous... you know what Tj max is, right?

crying when it only uses 5% to 10% of my computers resources... 

Have you tried turning down the graphics yet? Maybe then your computer would be less bottlenecked...

Edited by mcwaffles2003

10 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Folks like you make me laugh.

It's like you're sitting in a broken down car shouting that no one should drive on the freeway because it has potholes.

Fix your own problems.

haha TY  i love making people laugh 

1 minute ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

What are you doing while the GPU is at 100%

menu 

2 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

What do you even mean by RAM under load? Are you going to show us a hard drive with 90% free space on the disk and include your HD is also under no load? O_o

Ram and CPU not not being utilized only GPU. thats like making a BET on a horse race where all you did was put all your eggs in one basket. never a wise choice...

4 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

If your GPU melts, that's a bad GPU. Plain and simple

keyword here was (your) not mine 

4 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

First off, why does the temperature outside matter? It could be -100 outside but if your room is still room temperature that's the only environment the computer knows. Secondly, blowing an AC unit directly on your board is dangerous as that can make parts of your build sub-ambient meaning it can have condensation form on it, which needless to say, is bad.

why would u keep a window open in winter? frostbite anyone? have you lived in a room that is -24 to 40C in the dead of winter and summer and your only form of heat is the computer/AC running and when that computer overheats and u need an AC unit to keep it cool. and stable and then people think its hardware when i own more then 4pc in 2 room with the same specs. its somehow my hardware. HAHAHA... The AC flows OVER the case not over the board (been doing this for 25plus years no problems with all kinds of hardware. For the most part its about keeping the AIO cooled not the pc its self. while these temps are fine i can't say the same for others.  

16 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Understood, your CPU is bottlenecked. What situation are you in when this happens and what settings are you on?

did u just say a 5950x is bottlenecked to a 3090tioc lol what this made me laugh. Clearly the game is not even using the CPU it was built mostly using GPU and thats it. even Nate Simpson the creative director KSP2  said its GPU dependent they no joke put all the load under GPU witch boggles my mind. no settings in game or out of game change or effect the outcome of the load.

21 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Again, what?

again this game is GPU dependent  the game was only using 2.7% of my ram and 4% to 6% CPU load which means its poorly optimized and as of right now 98% of the resources used is GPU load for the time being. nothing i can do or say will change this unless they optimize the game better and even the load to put other parts of the computer under load.

27 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Can you show us  what is on screen?

as you can see the black part of the photo was the game.  if i could show you what i was looking at, i would love to but all my forms of taking screenshots take black photos oddly enough. and if i was to take video well then  everything will change  cuz now im putting the system underload recording. 

30 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

PC's are not dangerous... you know what Tj max is, right?

yeah we went to high school together. 

31 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Have you tried turning down the graphics yet? Maybe then your computer would be less bottlenecked...

no setting in game will change any of this i find this to be funny u think there is a bottleneck haha  anyways (dies laughing) ANYWAYS!!!! holds laugher back.... no settings in game change anything. FPS is still the same and the load for everything is still the same.  giggles..

22 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

This guy's a triple threat.

Bad build, bad result, bad attitude.

aw, thank you on all accounts. i love you too

27 minutes ago, VlonaldKerman said:

When my computer gets too hot I just pour on some ice water usually does the trick.

same :valwink: 

Edited by GizmoMagui