Patch Two On Approach

Nate Simpson

Fired it up and first thing I notice, in the options there is a "Temperature Gauges" option. I wonder if heating has been added.

Edit: Seems not.

Edited by Mutex

On 4/8/2023 at 2:54 AM, Nate Simpson said:

We've also begun some investigations into improving the current wobbly rocket situation

so everybody in the team are newbies? and they never did play the game properly?

man, I'm literally concerning about that roadmap. seems like being ten percent honest is your routine.

Hey everyone - Question for Steam users - Do you automatically get these updates and if so, how? In my Steam game settings, I have updates set to "High Priority", and to allow downloads in the background. But it appears you have to go to the "Betas" section and select which patch you want installed, and v0.1.2.0 isn't available as of yet. 

Not sure if it is my system or a systemic issue with Steam users. Happy to explain more! Loving the game so far as well!

I wonder if they released the correct build. There's still a lot of bugs.

After updating, I did a quick Mun mission. Nothing fancy.

(a) Attitude control failed in Kerbin orbit. Craft would change attitude just fine if I clicked on the attitude icons (prograde, retrograde, etc.) but manual controls using the keyboard (W, A, S, D) were completely unresponsive. Saved, quit to the main menu, and reloaded: didn't help. Completely quit the game (back to windows), restarted and reloaded, and that fixed it. Finally.

(b) Made it to the Mun, then back to Kerbin. Parachute deployed as expected, and eventually fully inflated as expected, but once fully inflated, it failed to slow down the ship. Ship careened into Kerbin about at 70 m/s. Jeb, Bill and Bob are all dead again. :(

2 minutes ago, Spazmataz said:

I wonder if they released the correct build. There's still a lot of bugs.

After updating, I did a quick Mun mission. Nothing fancy.

(a) Attitude control failed in Kerbin orbit. Craft would change attitude just fine if I clicked on the attitude icons (prograde, retrograde, etc.) but manual controls using the keyboard (W, A, S, D) were completely unresponsive. Saved, quit to the main menu, and reloaded: didn't help. Completely quit the game (back to windows), restarted and reloaded, and that fixed it. Finally.

(b) Made it to the Mun, then back to Kerbin. Parachute deployed as expected, and eventually fully inflated as expected, but once fully inflated, it failed to slow down the ship. Ship careened into Kerbin about at 70 m/s. Jeb, Bill and Bob are all dead again. :(

Regression testing seems sorely lacking

24 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

But players should do the testing! It's early access, come on!

Any shop that doesn't have scripted and automated regression tests for things like basic keyboard input is stuck in the last century.  Not creating new bugs while fixing bugs is that important.  It can make or break the entire endeavor 

24 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

More to your, and my, points, where is the script for players to follow to verify previously working things didn't break after a patch?   If left to chance, something could be broken and not discovered for months

Edited by darthgently

1 hour ago, Alexoff said:

They're the ones "slowing" patch releases to -allegedly- get QA in before releasing them, doing the same lukewarm Early Access Squad did.

Except this time is worse because they stick to private bugtracking and seemingly basic bugs still come through.

19 hours ago, jebycheek said:

so everybody in the team are newbies? and they never did play the game properly?

man, I'm literally concerning about that roadmap. seems like being ten percent honest is your routine.

The only thing is, we've only covered about 1% of the roadmap and they are already 10% out of 100 honest so...

100% of the roadmap would equal 1000% honesty since we're multiplying honesty by a factor of 10. Pretty damn good job in my opinion:cool:

20 hours ago, darthgently said:

More to your, and my, points, where is the script for players to follow to verify previously working things didn't break after a patch?   If left to chance, something could be broken and not discovered for months

This is because there are few players, everyone should be looking for bugs! Buying a game in early access, the player is obliged to find all the bugs! Why didn't T2 write this into the agreement?

3 hours ago, Alexoff said:

This is because there are few players, everyone should be looking for bugs! Buying a game in early access, the player is obliged to find all the bugs! Why didn't T2 write this into the agreement?

Maybe because after charging $50 they thought it would be a bit much to also start giving them assignments as if they were employees.  I'm thinking a true beta, with no entry fee, involving a vetted, but large group of *organized* volunteer testers would have been better.  That way they could do testing in a more thorough way and deal with less whinging from people who paid $50

Edited by darthgently

1 hour ago, darthgently said:

Maybe because after charging $50 they thought it would be a bit much to also start giving them assignments as if they were employees.  I'm thinking a true beta, with no entry fee, involving a vetted, but large group of *organized* volunteer testers would have been better.  That way they could do testing in a more thorough way and deal with less whinging from people who paid $50

But if you do not take money for beta testing, then how can you make ends meet? T2 is a poor publisher that barely has enough money to pay for electricity! I think in the future publishers will hire not only paid testers, but also programmers with designers. Do you want to play KSP3? Transfer money, hurry up! Now sit down at the computer and draw the engine, and then write this block of code for multiplayer! The game won't make itself!
I hope no one from the top management of T2 reads this  :D