Fly through the KSC Parking Garage

Bingmao

Thanks to the 2nd Patch, the collision meshes of the Parking Garage are updated and we are now able to drive fly through it. 
Demonstrate your steady hand and honor the devs who made that possible, by flying through the garage unharmed, without touching anything.

Primary: Fly through the small underpass on the top of the garage

Jeb Level: Fly through one of the short sides of the garage

Val Level: Fly all the way through both garage buildings 

AywcMfW.jpg

I will not deny taking advantage of the xs landing gear's high impact threshold. I like to think of it as intentional safeguarding. Didn't even have to reload the save I made just before passing over the VAB- I had already "practiced the simulation" at least a dozen other times before this take.

Speaking of learning from failure- I learned on my first successful pass through the top that the OneOscar has fairly decent underwater navigational capabilities. It did manage to pull itself out of the water just beyond the garage after a graceful dive, despite the lack of air for my air breathing engine. Didn't lose any parts on splashdown. Neato!

I don't think this craft will make it through the stretch goals- It was a tight squeeze to fit Bill's head through, so without adjustments I'm not sure it's possible. I'm also not sure there's enough room to fly a "OneOscar" properly inside the structure...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I found some time to upload a video of my attempt(s) of the primary level.

I solved it by using a separable, unpowered glider. The glider is pretty stable in horizontal flight and I am confident to also complete at least the Jeb level with this setup. Stay tuned...

7 minutes ago, Bingmao said:

Finally I found some time to upload a video of my attempt(s) of the primary level.

I solved it by using a separable, unpowered glider. The glider is pretty stable in horizontal flight and I am confident to also complete at least the Jeb level with this setup. Stay tuned...

This was great. I usually skip through videos, but I decided to just watch this all the way through. I almost cheered when you got it, and I loved you were able to land the other plane afterwards. (In the current game state, I call that a successful landing).

3 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

This was great. I usually skip through videos, but I decided to just watch this all the way through. I almost cheered when you got it, and I loved you were able to land the other plane afterwards. (In the current game state, I call that a successful landing).

Hahaha, thanks :D

"If you can walk away from a landing..."

Jeb Level Failure in the newly developed "OneOscar" SGK, AKA "Tornado", based on the secret experimental build, "Konami".

Garage-Failure1.png

This is past the Halfway Point. I wish I could say I rage quit from all of the frustration, but rather it was an indefinite loading screen that led to the break I didn't want to take.

It's going to happen. I can feel it.

58 minutes ago, Socraticat said:

Jeb Level Failure in the newly developed "OneOscar" SGK, AKA "Tornado", based on the secret experimental build, "Konami".

Garage-Failure1.png

This is past the Halfway Point. I wish I could say I rage quit from all of the frustration, but rather it was an indefinite loading screen that led to the break I didn't want to take.

It's going to happen. I can feel it.

Yes! Keep on going! I know you can do it! 

I am really looking forward to your successful attempt! 

This is a great challenge. Check out this 2-part video that showcases Bill "Lazer Eyes" Kerman flying the newly infamous "OneOscar" SG Konami and Konami-X, AKA "Tornado" and "Cheat-Code", respectively. It's no Val level submission, but it'll do for kerbal work.

And a follow-up video I like to call "The tip of the Iceberg":

FLY SAFE!

9 hours ago, Audaylon said:

Needless to say, I love this challenge and couldn't stop, but I think this is my limit.  I've been having a blast.  Ignore the crash landing...

Holy Moly! :P

That's insane! Very impressive. 

I am glad I gave you good times with this challenge :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 8:53 PM, Socraticat said:

This is a great challenge. Check out this 2-part video that showcases Bill "Lazer Eyes" Kerman flying the newly infamous "OneOscar" SG Konami and Konami-X, AKA "Tornado" and "Cheat-Code", respectively. It's no Val level submission, but it'll do for kerbal work.

And a follow-up video I like to call "The tip of the Iceberg":

FLY SAFE!

I remember seeing something like this done years ago in KSP 1. Really takes me back. It's very impressive, I must say. :happy:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.