Um, standby Houston

Lar-E

Hi,

I first started playing KSP back around 0.4 or so. I played and played and never got especially good, but I sure had a lot of fun! My computer was never really beefy enough, and then nursing school got in the way...

And now I've got a butch computer and I purchased KSP2, and it's beautiful and I'm really excited to play and do some lithobraking. I have no complaints about the state of the game, or the update schedule, my feeling is that it is what it is, and the devs will produce a high quality finished product when it is ready, not before. 

That said, I'm not really interested in playing with my shiny new toy until (a) reentry heat; and (b) science tree (I need the structure, I find full-on Sandbox overwhelming)

Cheers!

L

Welcome Lar-E.

I also need a science mode (or something similar). I don't find Sandbox overwhelming. It just feels boring and a tad cheaty, since I immediately have access to the "best" parts. I'm not forced to use the smaller and worse parts. Less of a challenge, less structure. Too easy for me. So I fully get your sentiment. :)

Oh, but there never was a KSP 0.4. It jumped 0.25 (basically "alpha" state) to 0.90 (essentially "beta"). ;-) https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Version_history

@Vanamonde What's the old saying: those who can, do. Those who can't, teach moderate? :D (I hope you don't take that comment too serious and that you have a sense of humor about it ;-) If not, feel free to erase that last part.)

On 5/6/2023 at 2:03 PM, caipi said:

Welcome Lar-E.

I also need a science mode (or something similar). I don't find Sandbox overwhelming. It just feels boring and a tad cheaty, since I immediately have access to the "best" parts. I'm not forced to use the smaller and worse parts. Less of a challenge, less structure. Too easy for me. So I fully get your sentiment. :)

Oh, but there never was a KSP 0.4. It jumped 0.25 (basically "alpha" state) to 0.90 (essentially "beta"). ;-) https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Version_history

@Vanamonde What's the old saying: those who can, do. Those who can't, teach moderate? :D (I hope you don't take that comment too serious and that you have a sense of humor about it ;-) If not, feel free to erase that last part.)

Yeah, I seriously don't remember exactly when I started playing. I know it was 0.Something; and it was before aerodynamics because there was no point (other than cosmetic) in putting nosecones on your rockets!

On 5/6/2023 at 4:39 AM, Lar-E said:

That said, I'm not really interested in playing with my shiny new toy until (a) reentry heat; and (b) science tree (I need the structure, I find full-on Sandbox overwhelming)

Have you checked out the challenge forums? Definitely gives focus to the Sandbox, and there are some challenges that don't really deal with reentry (Kerbin; around KSC). Like landing on the VAB, or Flying under the bridge.

And thanks for the "go with the flow attitude". It's definitely not polished yet, but everything seems fine to me. It's going to be exciting hitting all of these milestones!

Welcome Aboard.
Just joined the forum, but I had a good time in KSP1, and a little in KSP2.

Missing a science mode also! I feel like it helps in knowing the various parts. All at once is too much.

Edited by Yang366

20 hours ago, Yang366 said:

Welcome Aboard.
Just joined the forum, but I had a good time in KSP1, and a little in KSP2.

Missing a science mode also! I feel like it helps in knowing the various parts. All at once is too much.

Welcome as well!

Welcome! I hope you will make a thread about your missions once you start playing! I will be sure to read it.

On 5/6/2023 at 1:39 PM, Lar-E said:

And now I've got a butch computer

How butch, if I mayhaps am inclined to ask such a question?