Mohopeful

Nate Simpson

Just now, nestor said:

Devs have different skills, only a handful of people have the right skills to work on those bugs. The rest are working on stuff that is adequate for their skills. People working on new parts has no impact on those orbit bugs being fixed sooner or later. The right people are working on those bugs and we will let you know once we are certain about the fix. 

Speaking facts.

Spoiler

Also are the airbrakes models done? or in progress?

Really am curious what the reasoning is for these updates. They are never good news, and are typically Nate backpedaling on a statement he made in a previous one. At this point we get it... You're not focused on providing the game at the level you promised in the first place, and despite the fact that not a single aspect of the core loop of the game DOESN'T have a game breaking bug in it you all feel the need to move forward with adding new content on top of your shoddy foundation. There is no need to remind the community of it weekly... We are already living it... You're not actually addressing the community's concerns so why address the community at all? Even radio silence wouldn't stir up the drama and resentment within the community as hard as these posts do...

I do wonder why this update came out longer then I expected. The previous two patches had pretty good pace, the main causes I can think of is 1. probably lots of people taking vacations right now, and 2. Switching over to a new workflow will slow things down temporarily as the team adjusts. I think its mostly the latter??

1 minute ago, Strawberry said:

I do wonder why this update came out longer then I expected. The previous two patches had pretty good pace, the main causes I can think of is 1. probably lots of people taking vacations right now, and 2. Switching over to a new workflow will slow things down temporarily as the team adjusts. I think its mostly the latter??

The first 2 were patches, 0.1.3.0 has actual added content so will take longer.

Just now, Anth12 said:

The first 2 were patches, 0.1.3.0 has actual added content so will take longer.

I'm not surprised that this takes longer, however they said their goal previously was less then 8 weeks. In order to still pull that off they'd have to get the first week of June (pre june 12th) which I dont feel like they're going to do. This patch has definitely been "soft" delayed, which okay it happens as long as the patch is good when it comes out sure. I'm just wondering about the why here, is this longer time between updates an exception or a rule.

let me get this straight......so we have a game building planes and rockets yet whats being celebrated is building "capybaras".  Am I the only one that realizes that they are building animal creatures in what is supposed to be a rocket/plane building orbital mechanics, learning about space, game? People are building animals in your game instead of rockets or planes. Think about that for just one second @Nate Simpson. Have you ever stopped to think why? Because they are being creative? Ok ill give you that nothing wrong with that. But what is the other reason nate? Tell me why did people spend $50 dollars? to build "capybaras" ?  This is truly sad! You still think the game is ready for release nate? This thread is just downright insulting.  jly8rIW.png

5 minutes ago, Redneck said:

People are building animals in your game instead of rockets or planes. ... Have you ever stopped to think why? Because they are being creative? Ok ill give you that nothing wrong with that. But what is the other reason nate? Tell me why did people spend $50 dollars? to build "capybaras" ?

Because:

15 minutes ago, Redneck said:

i am aware. If thats your thing then by all means you do you!

Then I'm not sure why you asked why people were doing it.

Edited by razark
Added the word I missed.

2 minutes ago, razark said:

Then I'm not sure you asked why people were doing it.

why are you doing it ? Just out of curiosity?  Why instead of building say.... a space station, or going to the furthest planet for example or rescuing a kerbal?  Why this? just curious

Edited by Redneck

3 minutes ago, Redneck said:

why are you doing it ? Just out of curiosity?  Why instead of building say.... a space station, or going to the furthest planet for example or rescuing a kerbal?  Why this? just curious

Why am I answering questions on an internet forum?  Because I saw someone who seemed confused and wanted to help them understand something.

or

Why am I building capybaras instead of space stations, etc?  I'm not.  I'm kind of burnt out on KSP1, and don't find KSP2 worth playing in it's current state, so I'm playing other games, watching shows I like, reading books, hanging out with family and friends, and other stuff like that.

9 minutes ago, Redneck said:

The capybara's thing is mostly a reference to a ksp discord meme

6 minutes ago, razark said:

Why am I answering questions on an internet forum?  Because I saw someone who seemed confused and wanted to help them understand something.

or

Why am I building capybaras instead of space stations, etc?  I'm not.  I'm kind of burnt out on KSP1, and don't find KSP2 worth playing in it's current state, so I'm playing other games, watching shows I like, reading books, hanging out with family and friends, and other stuff like that.

Thanks thats all i wanted to know. Ill leave you to it. 

2 hours ago, RocketRockington said:

I sense a lot more resignation in the replies here than anger.

Perhaps.  Some are "ZOMG that's amazing" like they're seeing a kindergartener draw a hand with fingers for the first time; it's not a great hand - but you want to encourage them to keep going.  Some are 'Oh jeez, why do you keep peeing in my wheaties?'  Neither are particularly helpful when dealing with adults.

For those who think they're peeing in your wheaties - the old saw of "_____ me once, shame on you, _____ me twice, shame on me' comes to mind.

The amusement I'm getting is all the people trying to still read leaves from these infrequent remarks.

Nate said

• 'They're making improvements.  Period.
  • They created some new parts.  Period.
  • They improved lens flare.  Period.

Based on history with this team, the simple fact that all of those statements were in a post about the next patch, EXPRESSLY DOES NOT mean that they will all be in the next or even the same patch. 

We want to believe that.  We'd like to believe that.  But experience should tell us that what we believe and what we receive are very, very different things.

We could see all or none of those things in the next patch.  We could see all or none of those things by the time they declare the game 1.0.

The only prognostication I can derive is that they're trying to move to a new paradigm; under promise and over perform.  Does not seem like they're very good at it.

Oh look - a challenge!  Let's build bunnies on Moho!

Shrug.

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

So, we get an announcement regarding the announcement last week that there would be an announcement for the patch release date this week and the announcement announced was that there is no date more specific than June, but to stay tuned for an announcement, where we will announce the release date mere days before the actual day.   In the mean time look at these cool grid fins that already exist in a mod with no release date that will somehow take 10x the development time than some lone coder messing around in his free time.  I just don't even know what to say anymore at this point.  I have uninstalled KSP2 and unfollowed Private Division and Intercept Games' on all social mediums.  Im tired of these "announcements"  It just frustrates me too much, and I hate being a negative person.   I'll check back in this time next year, perhaps we will have science mode by then and a majority of the game breaking bugs squashed.  

I've been as patient as possible. Now, for me, the magic is gone. KSP 2 kept me sane through the last year thinking it will be the best possible game ever. I was so excited and it really kept me going. Then, the early access trailer came out. Early Access, yeah right. I was still stupidly excited and waited. Then, the 'amazingly amazing' little teasers that the Community Managers sent out tainted my excitement a little bit as the graphics weren't as great as I expected them to be. I also noticed it was lagging like hell so I was kind of confused. Then, the early access gameplay trailer came out and that made me even more sad with the fps looking bad. I saw the trailers for the tutorials which made me cringe into a hole.  I saw the PC Specs for the game which made me die inside. I, then, still bought the game like a dope and played it. It made me a tiny bit happy, even though the seconds it took for every frame to load was horrible. Honestly, I had some hope left. Every update that the devs gave us made me hopeful, until, the post that told us that the update releases will be spaced further. The TikToks were killing me one by one, especially the one with the Magnetic Boots. Then, this post came out and that was the nail on the coffin. I have nothing against any of the devs. I'm sure they have real love for KSP and put their heart and soul into it. I see people blaming Nate, Nate Simpson seems like a good guy, it's probably not his fault on the quality of KSP 2, I think its just the switching of the two different companies which stopped KSP 2's development. Then, to make it look like it was all ok, they dropped their 'Early Access' bomb on us. I love KSP 1. The KSP modding community is one of the best ones in the world. I will stick with KSP 1 forever as it is a game which is forever placed in my heart. Thank you, devs, community managers, players, modders, and everyone else for making KSP 1 a good game. I'll check in now and again for upcoming mods but from now on, have clear skies.

Edited by Cytauri

The main gripes for KSP2 that prevent most from having fun with it?

Bugs, performance and content. 

It's the right call to work on all of these at the same time, when an patch drops which addresses all these areas they are going to make the most people happier about the game instead of just a selection of the players.

It might take longer then we all wished for and be grumpy about it, but in the end when it drops, even if your main personal gripe isn't solved they will make people more happy that the game becomes more playable.

After the initial bug fix 0.1.1.0 and performance fix 0.1.2.0 it's the right way to move forward to get bigger and better patches that handles the gripes with the game. The atmosphere around KSP2 always ways 'take your time and do it right', I really think that's what it comes down to. 

Two QOL updates before Science Milestone is  what was prognosed in an EA interview with Nate and Chriss, and I'm still confident that 0.1.3.0 is going to be the first one of that QOL update prognosed. And they are taking their time to do it right to make as many people happier when it drops.

I have no worries about where the game will end up, in due time. We'll still all be around and will be playing it when the game gets better, even if we are grumpy now.

What a disappointment!

If someone is talking so vague it's always very, very bad.

This is the point where I lost all my hope and it's clear there will be no 1.0 before 2025. There is absolutely no content in the game and science mode will definitely be not part of the upcoming patch. Means that there will be nothing before fall if we follow the 2-3 months frequency they are now following.

I say it now to you as I say it to my own team:

That's simply not enough!