(Not that) new here

Kavaeric

Hello. Not that new here by any stretch in technicality if you look at my profile, but it is the first time in ages, so I felt it right to re-introduce myself.

I've been playing KSP for what feels like forever. Currently going through a new career mode thing. I try to challenge myself to make fresh and unique looking craft that are still functional in the career context, usually involving me sketching out my ideas before committing to their construction. My current project is updating my crew vehicle, though the past version (see below) seems to have gone well.

ksp_sketch_nozomi_crane_collage.jpg

I may make a thread sharing my progress in my career mode but I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing people care for.

That aside, I currently hang out on the Intercept Games Discord, namely in the KSP2 general chat for reasons unbeknown to humans, usually offering tribute to the CMs of some kind as seen below.

image.png

ksp_sketch_bagelox.jpg

I'm also working on a stage designer calculator tool that hopefully some people may find useful. Its biggest limitation is that it only works in Excel, not Google Sheets, so finding a way (or help) to port it to perhaps be a standalone webapp of some sort or even an in-game tool may be helpful.

EXCEL_5xvKFJIRke.png

Hoping to meet new people and follow the development of KSP1 mods and KSP2 as well. Cheers!

22 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Very methodical. I usually just throw things together and see how they work. 

Ah yes, me too. But most importantly I spend hours to make stuff look nice after having spent two minutes throwing stuff together before I test it.

Always ends up in flames.

7 hours ago, Sylvi Fisthaug said:

Ah yes, me too. But most importantly I spend hours to make stuff look nice after having spent two minutes throwing stuff together before I test it.

Always ends up in flames.

Look, style is important. It can't be rushed. Besides, flames are always a good look.

14 hours ago, Kavaeric said:

Perhaps I should maintain a thread/gallery thing on here

It seems there are at least a few of us that enjoy doing this type of thing.  Mission reports is a pretty good place for a rolling journal.

1 hour ago, Socraticat said:

It seems there are at least a few of us that enjoy doing this type of thing.  Mission reports is a pretty good place for a rolling journal.

Hm, it'd be less like "mission reports" I feel and a bit more like artist commentary, since my big imposition in this career mode is to also make things look pretty. See stuff like the following

Spoiler

ksp_sketch_scansat_grasshopper_collage.jpg

ksp_sketch_watchman_telescope_collage.jpg

14 hours ago, Well said:

Welcome @Kavaeric ;p 

Nice drawings and KSP build :prograde:

Thank you! And sorry about the thing on the Discord again, I feel really bad about it lol

I think I did find someone who made some engines they want to put into the game but is looking for a texture artist (me?) So maybe Parts By Kavaeric will be a thing soon lol