Ksp2 being better than ksp1.

Pat20999

The full ksp1 cost 70(whatever you’re currency is) buy ksp2 only 50$ and even If the game is bad in it’s state; IT WILL GET BETTER and you see the price is gonna be even more expensive but this is for a reason THEY ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT ADDONS AND IT IS GOING TO BE EVEN BETTER THAN KSP1 WITH ADDONS and I understand you thinking why should I buy it anytime soon well, the price will probably go up unannounced. 

Edited by Pat20999
Please don’t blame the team blame the guy who thought the announcement trailer was a good idea.

I think so. Once the game will be released, who knows what the actual retail price will be. On Steam, I've seen some games, once released, retail as high as $69.99 and folks will gladly pay that for the game. Does KSP2 have that kind of name power? No, it certainly does not carry the name power of anything Star Wars. But it does have name power. I could easily see it going as high as $59.95. So, yeah, it's better to get in on it now, in my opinion, than to wait and buy it at full price. If the time comes when KSP2 does have DLCs, I will probably buy each and every one of them, too.

KSP (the original), is still worth purchasing at full price with the DLCs, too. I still buy them as gifts to give to my fellow space-nerdy family and friends. It's just a really great game that will always be my go-to game when I need something to take my mind off real-world troubles. :)

I think KSP2 will get better but NOT the same as KSP1 and right now you should buy both but if this is somebody looking from post-1.0: DO NOT BUY KSP1.

I don’t think ksp2 will have addons because of the price and I think 50 dollars indicates ksp2 having unannounced features and a good maybe even better than promised future. But I wonder how could they film all of the features if the game was so buggy?

13 hours ago, Alexoff said:

For KSP2, the road to 1.0 is longer than the distance from Moho to Eeloo

Nah, the release rate will get faster when the big bug-fixes come.

Edited by Pat20999

21 minutes ago, Pat20999 said:

Nah, it’s going to go faster when the big bugfixes come.

Have you seen the old developer videos? There's a lot of slowmo out there. Obviously, the developers love this trick and that's how they do KSP2. Look:

Some people have to learn the hard way.

If I wanted to pay for a false hope I'd buy a lottery ticket, it's much cheaper.

Until then, I'll wait for the product to be adequate. If I wanted an investment, I'd fiddle with a trading account. I'm here for a fun game, and it has yet to be delivered.

Good luck, OP.

Edited by TLTay

I'll preface this entire post by saying that these are my opinions, this is all from my point of view, and impacts and is affected by me and me only.

Now, with that out of the way...

Right now, KSP1 is the better value.  I purchased 1.8.3 (do not remember the cost), and was gifted both DLC's for that version.  I ended up getting 1.12.5 through Epic FOR FREE when they did that a few months ago.  And if I could remember what I paid (it wasn't that much, to be honest; maybe the neighborhood of $20?), I could try to do the math on cost per hour.  Which, assuming we use that $20 approximation, comes to $0.42 per hour on Epic alone (48h 2m); figuring in the amount of time I've played 1.8.3, that total comes down to pennies per hour (if not less than a single penny per hour).

KSP2, on the other hand, cost me $50 (well, $49 and change, but rounded up), and I've played it a grand total of 79h 14m; this brings the cost per hour to $0.63  per hour.  Which honestly isn't that bad of an investment, really; that cost per hour is pretty darned sweet for a game that's been out for less than 4 months.  It's still higher than KSP1, though.

Now, we can talk about cost per hour and all that til the cows come home and I'm blue in the face.  And that doesn't matter.  What matters is the quality of the game and how often I reach for it.  When KSP2 came out, I couldn't wait to get into it and play around and do all this cool stuff.  After spending some time tinkering with it, I realized that I couldn't do everything with it that I can with KSP1, so I played less and less until, finally, the bugs got to be too much and I stopped playing.  I haven't launched it in at least a month now, and I won't launch it again until after the next patch (which will, in all seriousness, determine if I continue playing it or if I have to put it down until the 4th or 5th patch).  So I find myself now reaching again for KSP1 - either version I have installed - because it allows me to go out and do stuff without having to deal with game-breaking bugs and performance issues.  And that doesn't even include the mods that exist for KSP1 that bring a better experience to and for me with the game.

All told, my personal experience is that KSP1 is the better value RIGHT NOW.  I cannot say if that will change in the future, but I do know that, unless we are ever told otherwise, TT/PD/IG are going to release patches, and they are going to be working on roadmap features.  I will just have to wait and see what the game eventually becomes, and then update whether or not the game is a better value than KSP1 at that time.

Edited by Scarecrow71

58 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

Have you seen the old developer videos? There's a lot of slowmo out there. Obviously, the developers love this trick and that's how they do KSP2. Look:

Where are the slowmo? I see a lot of real time with some that are a bit stuttering (people already picked up this before the release) and some timewarp.

Two points:

1) your topic has little to do with what you write about.

2) pretty bad advice.

Sure, KSP 2 might be a bit more expensive when it gets full release, but there's also inflation to consider and investment to consider. 50$ now are probably worth more than 60$ in 2 years. Factor in that there is no guarantee that the final game will be what you hope it will be.

If you think the game is already worth playing buy it now. But if your focus is to save money then waiting until it is actually good and then wait for a post-release sale will be a better bet.

21 minutes ago, Spicat said:

Where are the slowmo? I see a lot of real time with some that are a bit stuttering (people already picked up this before the release) and some timewarp.

In the first video immediately at 0:02 slowmo. By the way, since you're here, have we already found out that the colony in the first video is taken from 2020? So when was the last time we were shown something about colonies not from 2020?

49 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

In the first video immediately at 0:02 slowmo. By the way, since you're here, have we already found out that the colony in the first video is taken from 2020? So when was the last time we were shown something about colonies not from 2020?

It's off-topic, but the video you mention here (https://youtu.be/XAL3XaP-LyE?t=690) was a new footage, it was just the same colony. We can't really know when that was taken though, as they have preset scene (for instance the screenshot from the planet shine dev update is the same scene as at the GDC talk but it's not the same version).

If you want a different scene, I'm not a CMs so I don't have a list of everytime they showed us something, but there is some from 2021 that I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBmNjhgLUPI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olBOncln0Ik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU0WZ52LN_w

1 hour ago, MarcAbaddon said:

Two points:

1) your topic has little to do with what you write about.

2) pretty bad advice.

Sure, KSP 2 might be a bit more expensive when it gets full release, but there's also inflation to consider and investment to consider. 50$ now are probably worth more than 60$ in 2 years. Factor in that there is no guarantee that the final game will be what you hope it will be.

If you think the game is already worth playing buy it now. But if your focus is to save money then waiting until it is actually good and then wait for a post-release sale will be a better bet.

I’m totally addicted to the game and I found peace in it even do right now it is almost trash. And one last thing the game studio is under an AMAZING publisher and they won’t fail anytime soon. 

About the name: it is more how the dev’s think about it. And remember that ksp1 had lower ambitions and also many bugs but it still became  a succes and the name of ksp1 supports ksp2.

Edited by Pat20999

57 minutes ago, Spicat said:

It's off-topic, but the video you mention here (https://youtu.be/XAL3XaP-LyE?t=690) was a new footage, it was just the same colony. We can't really know when that was taken though, as they have preset scene (for instance the screenshot from the planet shine dev update is the same scene as at the GDC talk but it's not the same version).

I think it was filmed at the same time or in a separate scene, so that from time to time from different angles to show the same thing.

58 minutes ago, Spicat said:

24 minutes ago, Pat20999 said:

And remember that ksp1 had lower ambitions and also many bugs but it still became  a succes and the name of ksp1 supports ksp2.

KSP had a monopoly on relatively affordable space simulators. Now KSP2 has to compete with KSP1, Juno and other games

31 minutes ago, Pat20999 said:

AMAZING publisher

Private Division? T2? How many great games have they released in the last 2-3 years?

1 minute ago, Alexoff said:

I think it was filmed at the same time or in a separate scene, so that from time to time from different angles to show the same thing.

KSP had a monopoly on relatively affordable space simulators. Now KSP2 has to compete with KSP1, Juno and other games

Private Division? T2? How many great games have they released in the last 2-3 years?

It’s not about years, it’s how much money they have.

They have the same budget as Microsoft 

7 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

KSP2, on the other hand, cost me $50 (well, $49 and change, but rounded up), and I've played it a grand total of 79h 14m; this brings the cost per hour to $1.58 per hour. 

Your math isn't quite right.

$50/79.25 hours would be about 0.63 dollars per hour.  You've calculated 1.58 hours per dollar.

34 minutes ago, razark said:

Your math isn't quite right.

$50/79.25 hours would be about 0.63 dollars per hour.  You've calculated 1.58 hours per dollar.

Oh, I did the math backwards.  Which means I did the math wrong for KSP1 as well; that should come out to $0.42 per hour.  Thanks for keeping me honest, and for helping me make my argument about cost per hour!

15 hours ago, Pat20999 said:

The full ksp1 cost 70(whatever you’re currency is) buy ksp2 only 50$ and even If the game is bad in it’s state; IT WILL GET BETTER and you see the price is gonna be even more expensive but this is for a reason THEY ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT ADDONS AND IT IS GOING TO BE EVEN BETTER THAN KSP1 WITH ADDONS and I understand you thinking why should I buy it anytime soon well, the price will probably go up unannounced. 

Have you seen the history of games this studio made, all the false promises and the terrible state of games they delivered?

I know you want it to be better, but it most likely will not be better for years to come, if it will be better at all.

PS, KSP1 with mods is 100times better.

Edited by Ferio