Parts and Circumstance

Nate Simpson

2 minutes ago, EvelynThe Dragon said:

1/3 of June has gone by. Do we have a release date for this update yet?

If you want to be more transparent, then do it. This definitely isn't that, it's clear as mud.

If the previous cadence (which was extended by 2 weeks) were to be followed, the next release would be somewhere next week.

So my guess is that we are 2-3 weeks away from the next update.

1 hour ago, EvelynThe Dragon said:

June 30, it will be FRIDAY!!!!1111

(Somehow we forgot this is a meme of the developers)

2 hours ago, EvelynThe Dragon said:

If you want to be more transparent, then do it. This definitely isn't that, it's clear as mud.

I can already hear the apologist's excuses when it gets postponed again. "Nate said June - but he didn't s 2023!   If they end up delivering it in July, that's 11 months ahead of schedule!  You can't expect developers to do literally anything on-time ever or be able to schedule better than a person throwing darts at a calendar!  Just be happy with your gourmet-steak priced petfood, it had the early-access label on the can."

40 minutes ago, RocketRockington said:

I can already hear the apologist's excuses when it gets postponed again. "Nate said June - but he didn't s 2023!   If they end up delivering it in July, that's 11 months ahead of schedule!  You can't expect developers to do literally anything on-time ever or be able to schedule better than a person throwing darts at a calendar!  Just be happy with your gourmet-steak priced petfood, it had the early-access label on the can."

At this point I really don't care when the next patch drops.  We were told June, and we were told that doesn't mean June 30.  But, we haven't gotten any update on whether or not June is still on track, so even with the increased transparency in communication we don't know what we don't know, you know?

Anyhow, if/when the next patch drops, I'll update the game and fire it up to see what changed.  There won't be any Science, and we are getting 3 new engines.  But if the major bugs aren't fixed in this patch, that coupled with no Science will just make me say "Well, they fixed some stuff" and then shut it down again.  I'm not going to fight the bugs, and I'm not wasting my any more time in Sandbox mode than I absolutely have to.  But I'm also not going to be upset or whine about it.  I have almost no faith left in the company, and I've got plenty of other games to play while TT/PD/IG decides whether or not to get their stuff together and deliver the game they promised they were making.  Until then, it's a waste of energy to get mad over it any longer.

2 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Anyhow, if/when the next patch drops, I'll update the game and fire it up to see what changed.  There won't be any Science, and we are getting 3 new engines.  But if the major bugs aren't fixed in this patch, that coupled with no Science will just make me say "Well, they fixed some stuff" and then shut it down again.  I'm not going to fight the bugs, and I'm not wasting my any more time in Sandbox mode than I absolutely have to.  But I'm also not going to be upset or whine about it.  [...] and I've got plenty of other games to play while TT/PD/IG decides whether or not to get their stuff together and deliver the game they promised they were making.  Until then, it's a waste of energy to get mad over it any longer.

That's gonna be a surprise but I agree with it except for the tiny part I left out. If it's fixed, it's fixed, cool, I can play. If not, "alright, next time" and move on.

3 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Do any of your own creative endeavors have solid ETAs?

I am an engineer and I have deadlines I have to meet. 

Engineering is a very creative field, if it wasn't, we would have no innovation. But schedules and promises to customers also matter.  That relationship with customers is vital to getting further business.

2 hours ago, RocketRockington said:

I guess you must have missed the update, which had already been posted for an hour or so. Good news: June 20, of this year.  I’m optimistic they’ll get it in this month even if they do miss the 20th by a few days.  A few days here and there are nothing compared to the years we’ve waited already…

Edited by Wheehaw Kerman

31 minutes ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

I guess you must have missed the update, which had already been posted for an hour or so. Good news: June 20, of this year.  I’m optimistic they’ll get it in this month even if they do miss the 20th by a few days.  A few days here and there are nothing compared to the years we’ve waited already…

My post was two hours ago - and was clearly meant to be a joke.  But yeah, we'll see if it lands on the 20th, this far out hopefully their estimates are better than the dartboard.