KSP2 Version: 0.1.1.0.21572
KSP2 Version: 0.1.2.0.22258
Operating System: Windows 10
CPU+GPU+RAM: i9 9900K+3070ti+32GB
Mods Used: None

Transition from Vall SOI to Jool SOI:

Spoiler

Video Evidence:
https://youtu.be/2xEcIeZwztE (13 Seconds)

Steps to Replicate:

1. Load ValltoJoolSOITestSave
  2. Change to Capture Mode
  3. Look in the direction that the craft is pointing
  4. Go to 10x Timewarp and wait. (Just to speed things up. Happens regardless)

Save File:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hnk7712se1q2pw/ValltoJoolSOITestSave.zip?dl=0

Transition From Kerbin SOI to Minmus SOI:

Spoiler

Video Evidence:
https://youtu.be/sr4U8eOs-do (12 Seconds)

Steps to Replicate:

1. Load KerbinSOItoMinmusSOITestSave
  2. Change to Capture Mode
  3. Look in the direction that the craft is pointing i.e. the Mun
  4. Go to 10x Timewarp and wait. (Just to speed things up. Happens regardless)

Save File:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba4xgocma2hrt99/KerbinSOItoMinmusSOITestSave.zip?dl=0

Transition from Kerbin SOI to Kerbol (Solar Orbit) SOI:

Spoiler

Video Evidence:
https://youtu.be/h5pzcCEDt58 (31 Seconds)

Steps to Replicate:

1. Load KerbinSOItoKerbolSOITestSave
  2. Pause
  3. Change to Capture Mode
  4. Look to where the craft is pointing
  5. zoom in to Kerbin with the Mun showing (Press * a few times to get the speed up. Dont use the mouse to change direction (another bug))
  6. Use arrow keys to get both Kerbin and Mun into view.
  7. Unpause
  8. Go to 10x Timewarp and wait. (Just to speed things up. Happens regardless)

Save File:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zajz8n044af469t/KerbinSOItoKerbolSOITestSave.zip?dl=0

Additional Information:

• Cant test Kerbin orbit to Jool. The capture mode camera had issues.
  • Credit goes to Suppise on discord for discovering that the Jool Moons were missing when it was inside of one of the moons SOI.
  • Happens in 0.1.0.0 and 0.1.1.0 as well
Edited by Anth12

16 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.1.3.2 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Pro | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor | GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series | RAM16.0 GB

Watch the video to know what the problem is but the same problem goes for any other moon. This has been something that has been there since day 1 which has confused me since.

Included Attachments:

ThatsNoMoon.mp4

Edited by Anth12

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Home | CPU: Ryzen 7, 4800H | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 | RAM16GB

Upon entry of Jool's SOI, I am able to see multiple moons in flight view and map view. However once I enter one the moons' SOI, particularly Tylo, Vall and Laythe since they're nice and close, the neighbouring moons can no longer be seen in flight view. So no cool pics of Jool with say Vall or Laythe in the same shot.

Edited by Anth

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700g | GPU: RTX 2070 | RAM16GB

Normally you can see the Joolian moons from orbit at any point from Jool.

For demonstration I am using a north pole vantage point from Jool and Laythe to compare and contrast the different views from each CB.

First is Jool.

Using the map and flight views we can compare what we should see vs what we actually see in flight.

What we should see:

20240130142603_1.jpg?ex=65cbc40e&is=65b9

What we actually see:

20240130142541_1.jpg?ex=65cbc41b&is=65b9

Now that we have Established the view from Jool lets now move to Laythe's view and see the difference.

Same vantage point just a different CB and SOI.

What we should see:

20240130142704_1.jpg?ex=65cbc457&is=65b9

What we actually see:

20240130142725_1.jpg?ex=65cbc465&is=65b9

As we can see the view is Strikingly different. All of a sudden Tylo and Vall have vanished as if just consumed by the void that Keri Kerman herself gazed into.

This same bug/phenomenon is the same with Tylo and Vall. It is incredibly reproducible as all you need to do is enter the SOI of any of the Joolian moons.

I find it immersion breaking and desolate feeling when I visit my favorite celestial body in the game and the only view to see is just Jool. Sure it is awe inspiring, but the other moons added to that jaw dropping view, knowing it was just a parking orbit and a transfer away to get to the two things hanging in the sky over Jool.

I'm not aware of how the game renders planets or moons within another CB but it may have something to do with SOIs(?). I would love if this could find a fix in 2.2 or 2.3. At least before colonies comes out!!

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 | RAM64gb

Mun cannot be seen from Minmus orbit or surface even when it should be clearly visible

Included Attachments:

OS: Linux Mint 21.3 (Proton) | CPU: Core i9-13900K | GPU: GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | RAM32 GB

When inside Minmus's sphere of influence, I can't see the Mun from the camera, although it's still visible in the tracking station:

hiik6o1.png

gaQsDTL.png

WhfZv5N.png

oqCwa0u.png

However, as soon as I leave Minmus's sphere of influence, the Mun reappears:

KgU1zo3.png

ulyu6rJ.png

Included Attachments:

Moons of Jool are not being rendered in flight view when on the surface of Laythe. Two should be seen from certain perspectives, Vall and Tylo. But they're nowhere to be found, no matter what time of days it is.

Probably related to this and this.

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 10 Pro | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 2070 Super Gaming X | RAMG.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3600C18D-64GVK

Yesterday I did my first Tylo capture. After I entered Tylo's SOI I noticed that Jool was fully visible, but I couldn't see any of the other moons. I looked at the map view and it turned out Tylo was right in front of both Vall and Laythe, so first I thought that explained it. Then after I moved to the other side of Tylo, I still couldn't see them. Considering the angle between Jool and Kerbol, they should've been fully visible to the right of Jool, outside of Jool's shadow.

After I exited Tylo's SOI and returned to Jool's SOI, Vall and Laythe were clearly visible again.

Included Attachments: