Dragging Along

Nate Simpson

Appreciate the new update format, keep it up! Glad to hear progress on some bugs is being made, I hope to see more in the future.

The blueprint style graphics for the engines are nice, they could go right onto a wiki! The engine stats as shown are on the low-thrust, high-efficiency end of the methalox engine spectrum. It does leave me to wonder if the engines are capable of firing with their nozzles retracted and what the stats are in "short nozzle" mode. Not that there's anything wrong if they can't because there's no worthwhile tradeoff to be made firing them in that mode.

It's a nicer way and tone to communicate indeed. More information and insights, especially when it comes to some issues being tougher than expected.

Unfortunately, I find the Top10 issue progression to be quite concerning, most of them are being worked from Day1 if not even before and most of them remains "worked on" / "possible fix" / "investigated" etc. Not much are actually going to be fixed and I guess that most of the other issues which don't belong to the short list, are not very well advanced either, otherwise I would suggest insisting on them as well so that people can find some hope. Not to be rude or anything here, just that having some success, be they less important than this Top10, can help readers being confident again regarding the upcoming patches and global dev :)

So far, yeah, it's quite underwhelming. It's nice to be honest and communicate with transparency though.

Edited by Dakitess

8 minutes ago, gussi111 said:

KSP 2 had 99 players at the lowest point of today.

Holy crap, only 99 players? That is the lowest I think I've seen a triple A game have in terms of player count in recent years... If the devs don't get the game playable by the time patch 3 comes out, the whole project is done for.

35 minutes ago, Thesquaremantis Drawz said:

If the devs don't get the game playable 

Don't you mean fix the fun ruining and frustrating bugs? The game is very playable right now. (Even with my below spec PC.) It's just no fun to try to do anything more complicated than basic one shot and return missions.

2 hours ago, Thesquaremantis Drawz said:

a triple A game

which it isn't btw.

And if you really want to see an actual AAA game, check Redfall. Or Forspoken. Y'kno, the games that were advertised as complete product on day one.

6 hours ago, MechBFP said:

It doesn’t bother me. 

This is such a silly comment. I literally fell out of my chair! :lol:

Edited by Redneck

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

which it isn't btw.

And if you really want to see an actual AAA game, check Redfall. Or Forspoken. Y'kno, the games that were advertised as complete product on day one.

PD is from their mission statement not a triple A company, true, but the argument that its okay to have a malfunctioning game because other companies have shipped worse is not a great argument.

Edit: if we are just name dropping games, System Shock just came out for cheaper and is objectively more complete...Literally a full game cheaper than an EA game.

Edited by Meecrob

52 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

PD is from their mission statement not a triple A company, true, but the argument that its okay to have a malfunctioning game because other companies have shipped worse is not a great argument.

Edit: if we are just name dropping games, System Shock just came out for cheaper and is objectively more complete...Literally a full game cheaper than an EA game.

You want better and cheaper?  I picked up Fallout New Vegas with all DLC for free through Epic a couple weeks ago.  No, it ain't new.  But a full game free?  Yes, please.

Edited by Scarecrow71

2 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

You want better and cheaper?  I picked up Fallout New Vegas with all DLC for free through Epic a couple weeks ago.  No, it ain't new.  But a full game free?  Yes, please.

I want, in general, fair price for what is offered.

3 hours ago, Meecrob said:

But the other games were full releases, KSP2 is EA! Don’t you think that makes any difference?

3 minutes ago, Periple said:

But the other games were full releases, KSP2 is EA! Don’t you think that makes any difference?

It does make a difference...right up until they charge full game price for it. EA is no excuse when you charge more than proper games .

Edited by Meecrob

32 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

It does make a difference...right up until they charge full game price for it. EA is no excuse when you charge more than proper games .

I disagree! In my opinion they can price things however they want as long as they’re clear about what they’re selling. If you’re not happy with the price, just don’t buy it! :joy:

On 6/4/2023 at 12:10 PM, Scarecrow71 said:

Can someone explain to me the importance of axial tilt as it relates to KSP1 and/or KSP2?  Unless we are going to get inhabitable planets, or get the ability to terraform...what is the signifance?

There's also the distant notion of colonies and the amount of surface daylight varying seasonally across the year. Maybe one can see unique challenges with say, a polar colony running off solar power. The axial tilt may require the colony to be seasonally abandoned/unoperational for the months-long polar nights, but on the other hand, have uninterrupted solar power during summer.

2 hours ago, Periple said:

I disagree! In my opinion they can price things however they want as long as they’re clear about what they’re selling. If you’re not happy with the price, just don’t buy it! :joy:

Not one single person has said "this game is worth $50 USD":joy: Even the fanboys.

Edited by Meecrob

5 hours ago, Meecrob said:

I want, in general, fair price for what is offered.

Which should be common sense for every purchase descision one makes.

And it goes for EA titles as well, postpone purchase untill one thinks development progressed far enough to be worthy of the offer.