KSP2 Release Notes - Update v0.1.3.0

Intercept Games

4 hours ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

I’m kind of annoyed that they hotfixed the bug so fast I literally wasn’t able to test MkIs with and without heat shields to see if that made any difference.

Did anybody test that?

I always fly with a heatshield, so I can tell you for sure it makes no difference. People saw it with bare capsules and with heatshields, which makes perfect sense I think as you consider the bug. Regardless of what is above the decoupler (a heatshield or a bare command pod bottom), the drag for that surface is occluded by the decoupler. Since the game (pre-hot fix) was not reassessing the drag after decoupling, the drag for the newly exposed surface would be zero (occluded) and not what it should be. Makes no diff with or without a heatshield, so always cover your bottom, please.

Also... YAY HOTFIX! THANK YOU!

ARE YOU FREAKING NUTS!?
THIS?!

1bqDCPH.png

No. No! NO!!!!

No, you don't get to insert a freaking "launcher" into this game! If I double-click on Ksp2_x64.exe I expect the game to LAUNCH!
"Maybe they won't notice"? Is that what you said? "Maybe they won't care"? Was that it @Nate Simpson? I'm talking to you, Buster!

REMOVE YOUR FREAKING STUPID TWO-PUT LAUNCHER.

I'm not asking you. I'm telling you this.

Is it your plan to alienate the modding community? We don't play this game like other players do. On a typical day, I'm launching the game 50 or 100 times. I'm in and then back out again testing things... MAKING YOUR $#!@ GAME BETTER FOR YOU AT NO FREAKING COST TO YOU! So is your great plan here to alienate your most loyal base - the people who don't just play the game, they tirelessly work to make it better for others?

Here's the deal. If there's a two-put launcher on this game I'm not launching it. Period. I'm done.

Edited by schlosrat

@schlosrat Ever see that kids in the hall sketch where the guy has intrusive thoughts about putting salt in his eyes?   That's PD/TW and DRM - they just can't help slamming this sort of stupidity into the game.  Even after they got burned with KSP and redshell - well, now they figure they've already burned all the community good will they can with a terrible launch and terrible progress on getting the roadmap done - might as well see if anything is left to burn with more stupid launchers and DRM.  Because heaven forbid you launch a game without them slamming some extra marketting in your face.   It's going to be at least two years until they can sell DLC per their promises (which are worth - not much) but they're still gonna try to sell you a bunch of other stuff first!

3 hours ago, RocketRockington said:

@schlosrat Ever see that kids in the hall sketch where the guy has intrusive thoughts about putting salt in his eyes?   That's PD/TW and DRM - they just can't help slamming this sort of stupidity into the game.  Even after they got burned with KSP and redshell - well, now they figure they've already burned all the community good will they can with a terrible launch and terrible progress on getting the roadmap done - might as well see if anything is left to burn with more stupid launchers and DRM.  Because heaven forbid you launch a game without them slamming some extra marketting in your face.   It's going to be at least two years until they can sell DLC per their promises (which are worth - not much) but they're still gonna try to sell you a bunch of other stuff first!

This is a point where you and I agree. What they did was just stupid. We've already got a workaround, and modding can proceed unfazed. I thought of it last night as I was headed for bed but didn't get around to testing and reporting it until this morning.

The evil, stupid, salt-in-your-eyes marketing crap is basically why the Ksp2_x64.exe file went from 650kb in 0.1.3 to 841kb in 0.1.3.1. The game is really in the DLLs, not the launcher, so... Simply delete (or move to a backup) the new 841kb Ksp_x64.exe file and copy in the 650kb version from your 0.1.3 game. Launches fine that way.

@Nate Simpson, your evil plan to stuff some stupid marketing crap into 0.1.3.1 is officially thwarted. You can tell your IG evil overlords or whichever marking genius came up with this plan that it barely lasted a few hours before it was shot down. Modders gonna mod.

Edited by schlosrat
Changed DRM to marketing