Custom Axis Actions group using a throttle

I have searched here and reddit and can't seem to find a straight answer about the custom axis actions group when using a joystick.

I have assigned a throttle axis to Axis 1 in the Axis Actions group in settings.  There are no keybindings associated with that custom axis group.  I assign the custom axis to a KAL-1000 play position in the SPH.  I have tried both the Absolute and Incremental settings.  Launch the vehicle and the axis is stuck at 0 (in incremental) or 50% (in absolute).  Moving the assigned axis has no affect on the play position.  

Is there something I'm missing?  I have tried Staging and Docking modes.

Thanks.

Oh, and just to clarify...

I do already have one KAL-1000 working for the blade angle of the rotor and that is attached to my main throttle.

This second KAL-1000 is for the Torque% for starting up the engine (I know I can just use keys instead of an actual joy axis, but what's the fun in that?)

axisactions.pngSPH.pngAll,

Edited by orionguy
added screenshots

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.