Can't deflate inflatable heatshield HS-I Deluxe after loading a quicksave where it is extended.

Datau03

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.1.5.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250) | CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti | RAM32768MB RAM 3200MHz (4 Sticks Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 8GB)

When I press the Extend button for the inflatable heat shield in the parts manager so that it extends and then make a quicksave and load that, the button switches to the unextended position even though the shield is extended. When I try to press the button it just plays the sound and nothing happens. I attached a video which can explain this better than I can.

Included Attachments:

Desktop2023_10.17-11_59_48.02-Trim.mp4

Edited by Datau03

4 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core Processor | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | RAM15.91 GB

Specs:

CPU Vendor: AuthenticAMD
CPU Name: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core Processor
CPU Frequency:  3.4 GHz
CPU Physical Cores: 8
CPU Logical Cores: 16
RAM Size: 15.91 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
Video Driver: 30.0.15.1165
VRAM Size: 8 GB

Severity: Medium; closing and restarting the game does not fix it.

Frequency: Low; limited to a single craft so far.

Description: On this particular craft, the HS-1 Deluxe inflatable heatshields refuse to retract when I click the button; the icon is greyed out as if it were not extended and will not toggle when I click on it. Adding it to an action group and using the button does not work either. This was after using them to aerobrake over Jool. When I create a new craft from the VAB with this part, it can still be deployed and retracted as normal.

Included Attachments: