Jump to content

KSP2 Release Notes - Update v0.1.5.0


Recommended Posts

  • KSP Team

KSP2 Update v0.1.5.0 Release Notes

:1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): <-- This rocket denotes an issue or change that community members directly helped by sharing or suggesting it to our dev team. Thanks to all of you who send in bug reports and suggestions!

Bug Fixes 

Construction

  • Re-enabled ALT to disable stack attach
  • Increased timeout for Fairing and Wing edit icons
  • Fixed: A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S do not open when selecting Deploy in the parts manager in the VAB
  • Fixed: vessels with changed assembly roots cause failure of surface attached parts, as well as broken save behavior
  • Fixed: triangle panels placed with mirror symmetry are not oriented correctly
  • Fixed: the "RA-15" antenna appears inverted when placed in mirror symmetry mode on a vessel in the VAB
  • Fixed: the "DTS-M1" antenna is not oriented correctly when placed in mirror symmetry mode on a vessel in the VAB
  • Fixed: the "Pegasus 1" ladder appears inverted when placed in mirror symmetry mode on a vessel in the VAB
  • Fixed: the "Communotron 16-S" antenna appears inverted when placed in mirror symmetry mode on a vessel in the VAB
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: Max Impact statistic shows twice in part info tooltip [Original Bug Report]

Environments

  • Cloud lighting and shading improvements, including: application of atmosphere transmittance to cloud lighting, unification of ambient light calculation for raymarched, baked, and scaled clouds, recalculation of average position for clouds to accomodate density, updating scattering to use average/weighted position estimated from density samples, moving some code into functions, and separating cloud shadows out of scaled cloud shader and into a new shader that renders below the atmosphere
  • Changed lighting at sunsets by using atmospheric scattering to soften lighting - sunsets are now realistically red on Kerbin, blue on Duna, etc.
  • Improved atmospheric scattering integration on terrain and clouds to make atmospheres softer and horizons smoother
  • Improved cloud blending with the atmosphere
  • Implementation of biome and triplanar mesh bucketing for terrain rendering
  • Optimized cloud shadows
  • Adjusted dynamic resolution calculation for clouds
  • Increased Eve's atmosphere scatter height
  • Fixed: wrong scale on KSC light colliders creating log spam
  • Fixed: decals not visible at higher altitudes above Eeloo
  • Fixed: water is invisible when landing at a specific location on the surface of Eve
  • Fixed: Bop's polar crater appears distorted in map and tracking station
  • Fixed: terrain spikes at Bop's south pole
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: lighting is not consistent from all camera angles when viewing the surface near the poles of several celestial bodies [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: lighting is inconsistent at Laythe’s north pole [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: lighting is inconsistent at Vall’s north pole [Original Bug Report]
  • Updated mipmap settings for scaled planet textures to improve appearance
  • Fixed: seen from orbit, Jool's surface disappears while medium quality clouds are enabled

EVA

  • Fixed: attaching a decoupler that creates a fairing too close to the Mk1 command pod prevents Kerbals from exiting vessel
  • Improved self shadowing on kerbal skin materials
  • Improved smoothness of the blink animation

Flight & Map

  • Implemented conic section highlighting when cursor hovers over trajectories in Map view
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: orbital decay fix causes vessels to travel sideways above Eeloo at certain altitudes [Original Bug Report]
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: EVA Kerbals are unable to move along vessels via magboots or ladders while in Orbit [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: discarded stage's orbit changes when timewarping with acceleration
  • Fixed: joints break when decoupling parts on vessels with physicsless parts.
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: loading screen soft locks after a revert to launch while game is paused [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: EC drains at the rate used by active reaction wheel even after torque is disabled and no actual torque is being applied
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S. mirror symmetry clones deploy backwards [Original Bug Report]
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: fairings fly towards celestial bodies after being jettisoned [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: vessel stage deploys after the Go button is pressed while time warp is above 1x and then dropped down to 1x
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: vessel focus behavior is wrong when using stack separators [Original Bug Report]
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: kerbals in non-launch assemblies are lost when launching the vessel [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: LY-99 XL gear sometimes hover above runway upon landing
  • Fixed: celestial body trajectories are a solid color when viewed in the Map or Tracking Station
  • Fixed: light tree shows all green lights earlier than intended on maneuver burn timer
  • Fixed: decoupled stage without probe core/pod is controllable

FX and Audio

  • Adjusted Logitech Lighting FX when vehicle crashes
  • Adjusted Logitech Lighting colors when reaching some celestial bodies
  • Fixed: wingtip vortices jump when entering celestial frame of reference
  • Fixed: incorrect key colors during docking control for Logitech Lighting FX 
  • Fixed: booster engine VFX spawn to the side when flying past ~21.5k altitude on Kerbin

Localization

  • Text updated for antialiasing options in Settings

Modding

  • Upgraded Unity to version 2022.3.5f1

Optimization

  • Optimized CPU use for cloud rendering
  • Improved GPU performance at KSC by rendering KSC ground during terrain prepass
  • Improved CommandBuffer performance by delaying execution until end of frame, avoiding unnecessary UpdateRenderBounds work
  • Fixed: Drastic loss of performance during a specific time of day in Kerbin's atmosphere
  • Fixed: vessel splashed-down behavior causes performance to drop
  • Optimized MessageCenter to improve performance in flight scene
  • Fixed: water and cloud render textures cause memory leak
  • Fixed: stranded references in the Simulation Update code
  • Fixed: ParametricLineGenerator leaks memory
  • Fixed: memory leaks from VegatationSystem
  • Removed unnecesary code when returning to main menu
  • Removed unnecessary calls in SetOceanMaterial code
  • Removed unnecesary planet textures to reduce GPU memory
  • Removed unnecesary calls in GetLiftVector code
  • Reduced memory usage on water rendering
  • Reduced unnecesary calls in the IVAPortraits code

Parts and Stock Vessels

  • Added gridfin parts "GRFN-125" and "GRFN-250"
  • Updated mesh generation code for fairings
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: extended engine bells load from save in wrong state for Cornet, Trumpet and Tuba engines [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: LY-60 and LY-90 landing legs wheels are missaligned or flipped when extended
  • Fixed: separating any part from ST-Micro-1 truss causes all remaining child joints connected to any other ST-Micro-1 truss on the active vessel to break
  • Fixed: Docking ports cannot always be targeted
  • Fixed: "LT-1" landing leg does not align to the ground when extended
  • Fixed: Ground parts under compression fully extend during timewarp in game
  • Fixed: Antenna ranges for fixed antennas not calculated correctly
  • Fixed: rover wheels lose steering at low velocity
  • Fixed: drag system errors when loading a vessel in atmospheric flight

Saving and Loading

  • Fixed: unable to launch a vessel under the Workspaces folder from the Launchpad menu at KSC

Tutorials

  • Fixed: reverting after using the Tutorial Menu to return to flight causes soft lock

UI/UX

  • Updated UI for Kerbal Manager
  • Updated Part Manager UI style
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: Part Tooltip Info in the VAB shrinks or enlarges until it disappears on cursor hover [Original Bug Report]

 

Known Issues

Gridfins GRFN-125 and GRFN-250 are not affected by SAS

  • This is due to a problem with control surfaces and how they interact with SAS that was recently identified. SAS is intended to work with Gridfins in the future, but for now they are manual control only.

PF-AD-XL 2500 Fueled Adapter is invisible when viewed in VAB and Flight

  • Aware of issue, investigating

First Time User Experience Prompt does not appear when vessel loses power for the first time in Flight

  • New to v0.1.5.0, investigating

SUBMITTING BUG REPORTS AND FEEDBACK

If you'd like to provide feedback about this build, there are many different ways to do so:

Submit Feedback through the Game Launcher

Suggest a Change on the Forums

Join us on Discord to discuss potential changes

Bug reports should be shared to:

KSP Forums Bug Reports

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Intercept Games said:

KSP2 Update v0.1.5.0 Release Notes

:1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): <-- This rocket denotes an issue or change that community members directly helped by sharing or suggesting it to our dev team. Thanks to all of you who send in bug reports and suggestions!

Bug Fixes 

Construction

  • Re-enabled ALT to disable stack attach
  • Increased timeout for Fairing and Wing edit icons
  • Fixed: A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S do not open when selecting Deploy in the parts manager in the VAB
  • Fixed: vessels with changed assembly roots cause failure of surface attached parts, as well as broken save behavior
  • Fixed: triangle panels placed with mirror symmetry are not oriented correctly
  • Fixed: the "RA-15" antenna appears inverted when placed in mirror symmetry mode on a vessel in the VAB
  • Fixed: the "DTS-M1" antenna is not oriented correctly when placed in mirror symmetry mode on a vessel in the VAB
  • Fixed: the "Pegasus 1" ladder appears inverted when placed in mirror symmetry mode on a vessel in the VAB
  • Fixed: the "Communotron 16-S" antenna appears inverted when placed in mirror symmetry mode on a vessel in the VAB
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: Max Impact statistic shows twice in part info tooltip [Original Bug Report]

Environments

  • Cloud lighting and shading improvements, including: application of atmosphere transmittance to cloud lighting, unification of ambient light calculation for raymarched, baked, and scaled clouds, recalculation of average position for clouds to accomodate density, updating scattering to use average/weighted position estimated from density samples, moving some code into functions, and separating cloud shadows out of scaled cloud shader and into a new shader that renders below the atmosphere
  • Changed lighting at sunsets by using atmospheric scattering to soften lighting - sunsets are now realistically red on Kerbin, blue on Duna, etc.
  • Improved atmospheric scattering integration on terrain and clouds to make atmospheres softer and horizons smoother
  • Improved cloud blending with the atmosphere
  • Implementation of biome and triplanar mesh bucketing for terrain rendering
  • Optimized cloud shadows
  • Adjusted dynamic resolution calculation for clouds
  • Increased Eve's atmosphere scatter height
  • Fixed: wrong scale on KSC light colliders creating log spam
  • Fixed: decals not visible at higher altitudes above Eeloo
  • Fixed: water is invisible when landing at a specific location on the surface of Eve
  • Fixed: Bop's polar crater appears distorted in map and tracking station
  • Fixed: terrain spikes at Bop's south pole
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: lighting is not consistent from all camera angles when viewing the surface near the poles of several celestial bodies [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: lighting is inconsistent at Laythe’s north pole [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: lighting is inconsistent at Vall’s north pole [Original Bug Report]
  • Updated mipmap settings for scaled planet textures to improve appearance
  • Fixed: seen from orbit, Jool's surface disappears while medium quality clouds are enabled

EVA

  • Fixed: attaching a decoupler that creates a fairing too close to the Mk1 command pod prevents Kerbals from exiting vessel
  • Improved self shadowing on kerbal skin materials
  • Improved smoothness of the blink animation

Flight & Map

  • Implemented conic section highlighting when cursor hovers over trajectories in Map view
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: orbital decay fix causes vessels to travel sideways above Eeloo at certain altitudes [Original Bug Report]
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: EVA Kerbals are unable to move along vessels via magboots or ladders while in Orbit [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: discarded stage's orbit changes when timewarping with acceleration
  • Fixed: joints break when decoupling parts on vessels with physicsless parts.
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: loading screen soft locks after a revert to launch while game is paused [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: EC drains at the rate used by active reaction wheel even after torque is disabled and no actual torque is being applied
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S. mirror symmetry clones deploy backwards [Original Bug Report]
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: fairings fly towards celestial bodies after being jettisoned [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: vessel stage deploys after the Go button is pressed while time warp is above 1x and then dropped down to 1x
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: vessel focus behavior is wrong when using stack separators [Original Bug Report]
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: kerbals in non-launch assemblies are lost when launching the vessel [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: LY-99 XL gear sometimes hover above runway upon landing
  • Fixed: celestial body trajectories are a solid color when viewed in the Map or Tracking Station
  • Fixed: light tree shows all green lights earlier than intended on maneuver burn timer
  • Fixed: decoupled stage without probe core/pod is controllable

FX and Audio

  • Adjusted Logitech Lighting FX when vehicle crashes
  • Adjusted Logitech Lighting colors when reaching some celestial bodies
  • Fixed: wingtip vortices jump when entering celestial frame of reference
  • Fixed: incorrect key colors during docking control for Logitech Lighting FX 
  • Fixed: booster engine VFX spawn to the side when flying past ~21.5k altitude on Kerbin

Localization

  • Text updated for antialiasing options in Settings

Modding

  • Upgraded Unity to version 2022.3.5f1

Optimization

  • Optimized CPU use for cloud rendering
  • Improved GPU performance at KSC by rendering KSC ground during terrain prepass
  • Improved CommandBuffer performance by delaying execution until end of frame, avoiding unnecessary UpdateRenderBounds work
  • Fixed: Drastic loss of performance during a specific time of day in Kerbin's atmosphere
  • Fixed: vessel splashed-down behavior causes performance to drop
  • Optimized MessageCenter to improve performance in flight scene
  • Fixed: water and cloud render textures cause memory leak
  • Fixed: stranded references in the Simulation Update code
  • Fixed: ParametricLineGenerator leaks memory
  • Fixed: memory leaks from VegatationSystem
  • Removed unnecesary code when returning to main menu
  • Removed unnecessary calls in SetOceanMaterial code
  • Removed unnecesary planet textures to reduce GPU memory
  • Removed unnecesary calls in GetLiftVector code
  • Reduced memory usage on water rendering
  • Reduced unnecesary calls in the IVAPortraits code

Parts and Stock Vessels

  • Added gridfin parts "GRFN-125" and "GRFN-250"
  • Updated mesh generation code for fairings
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: extended engine bells load from save in wrong state for Cornet, Trumpet and Tuba engines [Original Bug Report]
  • Fixed: LY-60 and LY-90 landing legs wheels are missaligned or flipped when extended
  • Fixed: separating any part from ST-Micro-1 truss causes all remaining child joints connected to any other ST-Micro-1 truss on the active vessel to break
  • Fixed: Docking ports cannot always be targeted
  • Fixed: "LT-1" landing leg does not align to the ground when extended
  • Fixed: Ground parts under compression fully extend during timewarp in game
  • Fixed: Antenna ranges for fixed antennas not calculated correctly
  • Fixed: rover wheels lose steering at low velocity
  • Fixed: drag system errors when loading a vessel in atmospheric flight

Saving and Loading

  • Fixed: unable to launch a vessel under the Workspaces folder from the Launchpad menu at KSC

Tutorials

  • Fixed: reverting after using the Tutorial Menu to return to flight causes soft lock

UI/UX

  • Updated UI for Kerbal Manager
  • Updated Part Manager UI style
  • :1437623226_rocket_1f680(3): Fixed: Part Tooltip Info in the VAB shrinks or enlarges until it disappears on cursor hover [Original Bug Report]

 

Known Issues

Gridfins GRFN-125 and GRFN-250 are not affected by SAS

  • This is due to a problem with control surfaces and how they interact with SAS that was recently identified. SAS is intended to work with Gridfins in the future, but for now they are manual control only.

PF-AD-XL 2500 Fueled Adapter is invisible when viewed in VAB and Flight

  • Aware of issue, investigating

First Time User Experience Prompt does not appear when vessel loses power for the first time in Flight

  • New to v0.1.5.0, investigating

SUBMITTING BUG REPORTS AND FEEDBACK

If you'd like to provide feedback about this build, there are many different ways to do so:

Submit Feedback through the Game Launcher

Suggest a Change on the Forums

Join us on Discord to discuss potential changes

Bug reports should be shared to:

KSP Forums Bug Reports

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

20 hours ago, Intercept Games said:

Blue on Duna

WOAH!
I didn't know that was possible!

Spoiler

I'm almost embarrassed :blush:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Intercept Games said:

This is due to a problem with control surfaces and how they interact with SAS that was recently identified.

This issue the same as the one causing SAS wobble? I assume that's still a thing within this version as well?

20 hours ago, Intercept Games said:

I'd assume this is a just a typo, but aren't these missing the rocket image ( @Dakota, tagging because I've seen you be the one to correct things like this in the past)? Not sure how something with a bug report WASN'T brought to you by a community member lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Intercept Games said:

SUBMITTING BUG REPORTS AND FEEDBACK

If you'd like to provide feedback about this build, there are many different ways to do so:

Submit Feedback through the Game Launcher

Suggest a Change on the Forums

Join us on Discord to discuss potential changes

Bug reports should be shared to:

KSP Forums Bug Reports

What's the process for un-archiving an existing bug report? I just confirmed that this one is not fixed, but it has been moved to the 0.1.4.1 archive section and can no longer be upvoted:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/topic/219775-in-the-settings-the-auto-hide-navball-in-mapview-does-the-opposite-on-is-off-off-is-on/

Maybe this is @Anth's domain now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As usual, I took the liberty to compile some statistics. And here they are:

  Total items Community % of total
0.1.1 281 42 15%
0.1.2 173 36 21%
0.1.3 165 17 10%
0.1.4 81 9 11%
0.1.5 86 11 13%

Community column is calculated based on how many items in the list have a rocket icon.

Thanks to the devs for the release! Let's see how many fly swatter creations we can see in the coming days thanks to those grid fins :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There seem to be some impactful bug fixes in this patch. I'm going in to test. Thank you dev team!

21 hours ago, Intercept Games said:

Fixed: decoupled stage without probe core/pod is controllable

This also had a community bug report. Might be others on the list.

21 hours ago, Intercept Games said:

Fixed: rover wheels lose steering at low velocity

Really curious about this fix. The wheel bugs really break gameplay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Community Manager
28 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

What's the process for un-archiving an existing bug report? I just confirmed that this one is not fixed, but it has been moved to the 0.1.4.1 archive section and can no longer be upvoted:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/topic/219775-in-the-settings-the-auto-hide-navball-in-mapview-does-the-opposite-on-is-off-off-is-on/

Maybe this is @Anth's domain now?

If you experience a bug, fill out the bug report forum. Anth and I will merge new reports that already have archived threads and bring them back out. For now this is the best way for this workflow to work, though we know it's a headache. Hopefully will have news about new K.E.R.B. processes soon. 

9 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

This also had a community bug report. Might be others on the list!

If you can find it, I'll add it to the notes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Really curious about this fix. The wheel bugs really break gameplay.

Nope, wheel colliders are still broken and there still are physics kicks when going in a straight line on the runway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...