Only a part of the rcs work

Kersifal

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Famille 10.0.22621 64 bits | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics (12) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU (6009MB) | RAM16236

Only a part of the rcs work on my craft although they are in the same position. This bug has not reappeared in another save with the same craft.

Included Attachments:

onlyapartofthercswork_logs.zip

Anth Edit:
Looks like its the shroud of the heat shield is partially blocking the RCS that are connected to the decoupler.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Be in the VAB with nothing in it
  2. Grab a M1-3 Gumball
  3. Below attach a heat shield of the same diameter
  4. Below attach a decoupler of the same diameter
  5. Attach 4 RV-105 RCS ports to the decoupler down slightly from the middle of it
  6. Below attach a X200-8 tank to the bottom
  7. Launch
  8. Turn off SAS
  9. Turn on RCS
  10. Use Q or E to use roll

Note:
Only 2 of the RV-105 RCS ports are working.

Video Evidence:

7 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel Core i7 9750H | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 | RAM16 GB

Please unarchive this report, I had the same bug:

I managed to reproduce some case of this bug, I think it is particulary related to engine plates

I built vessel with some RCS on engine plate. When I tried to control RCS, only rcs engines which was on engine plate didn't work. I saved game and loaded this new save. And these back RCS started working. You can see process in attached video
How to reproduce bug with my attached craft:

1. Fly it to orbit
  2. Try to thrust these back rcs engine and see that they don't do anything
  3. Save game and load this save
  4. Try to thrust these engines again

I'm sure that this bug correlates with cases when rcs engines are on engine plates, because I had same problems with other crafts with rcs on engine plate in previous ksp2 versions
How to reproduce this bug on another craft

1. Build craft with any RCS on engine plate
  2. Fly it to orbit
  3. Try to thrust engine plate RCS
  4. Save and reload
  5. Try to thrust engine plate RCS again

Included Attachments:

Engineplatercsdontwork.mp4

Tanker-H2-A.json

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel Core i7 9750H | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 | RAM16 GB

I also had this bug several times. I attached video, explanatory picture and craft file where I reproduced it. You can see in video that some pairs of RCS don't work with any directions of rotation. In the picture I painted certain RCS which doesn't work. To reproduce this youu can launch attached craft to LKO, turn on RCS and watch what RCS don't work

Included Attachments:

SetsofRCSdontworkedit.png.831a1499671ca9683928aede19989d4d.png

SomeRCSsetsdontwork.mp4

ManyRCS.json

Edited by Spicat

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: Community Fixes, Micro-Engineer, Flight Plan, MapView Focus and Targeting, Maneuver Node Controller | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12 Core | GPU: GeForce RTX 2060 Super | RAM32 GB

Built a craft and flew to LKO.  Turned RCS on, and some of the RCS thrusters are working...but some are not.  The RCS thrusters that are working are connected to their own individual small-sized RCS tanks, while the ones that are not firing are connected to a singular medium-sized RCS tank.  Some of the ones not firing are connected DIRECTLY to the medium-sized tank, so you'd think they would fire.  Not only is this an issue with the RCS thrusters not firing, but it is causing the bottom thrusters to fire and make the ship spin out of control.

I know there is a report out here for RCS not working; I cannot find it, so if the bug hunters can, please merge this report with that one.

Included Attachments:

Ksp22023_11.06-10_51_41_01.mp4

MunMark-II.json