KSP2 Release Notes - For Science! Milestone v0.2.0.0

Intercept Games

• Community Manager
On 12/19/2023 at 10:48 PM, ShadowZone said:

I'm curious: the rocket icon signifying fixes that were aided by the community is missing in the current release notes. Is this deliberate or an omission?

To be honest, these were left out simply because we didn't have enough time with everything happening this week. It's a fault of my own, apologies to the bug reporters who work we didn't recognize.

25 minutes ago, Dakota said:

What's with the new orbital bugs? I can't get a single craft into orbit, even stock ones... It has been reported in the forum by me and at least one other user. 

Fresh install, fresh save... Unable to get to orbit at all... Every time, craft vanishes and I get pinged into the wider galaxy all while my instruments think I'm in orbit but the map shows me yeeting off.

Infuriating.

I'm experiencing some bugs. Reloading fixes some of them. However, after working my way up the tech tree where I have tier 2 pretty much unlocked, I have to admit I'm finally having a pretty good time. I see a lot that need tweaked, a lot has been fixed, and some of the stubborn bugs have been ameliorated. Well done, devs. Have a happy holiday season!  I'll be sending Tim to the North Pole via rover.

QNTwcKd.png

Finally got my hands on the update today. Now I'm waiting for the real deal. Colonies. In the meantime... I gotta say, I absolutely start to hate... hate, everything pixelated in this game. Please consider rewamping that whole part of UI.

On a positive side, I no longer play with this game, I can finally, actually play it. v 0.2.0 may be unpolished, but it's very fun. I got a bit spoiled in sandbox, by launching everything with vectors. Time to see just how much I actually suck at this game :cool:

Just wanted to say that, since For Science!, I've been having so much g*sh d*ng fun. Last night, I stayed up till 5 AM trying to rescue Bob from the Duna monument. The mission was a success, and good times were had by all (except for Bob).

There are still some extremely frustrating bugs, but, for the first time since launch, absolutely none of them have made me stop playing. For the first time since launch, I'm stopping each play session because I'm an adult and unfortunately have other responsibilities.

anyway good job ig ilu

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Some sort of update was just pushed, but there are no release notes.  It was a 6 gig download on Steam, I can't find any info on what was fixed

4 hours ago, The Aziz said:

I see nothing, had steam open for few hours now.

Me either. The last update was 3.8 gig on Jan 19th (i.e. 0.2.0).

Maybe Steam decided you needed to reinstall for some random reason?

Direct downloads on KSP2 site don't show any further update either.  Did a redownload of 0.2.0  to compare with my earlier download.  The zip files are exactly the same size.  The main executable is also the same size and has the same crc.  Not to say there is not a change elsewhere that was the extent of the looking I did.

You got my hopes up that a patch was pushed.  :)

The procedural fairings do not open normally, and they do not shoot back, and in flight they do not protect the first part under the fairing from heating.

Not had any new problem with fairings in 0.2.0. myself.   Creating the fairings with the arrows is fiddly but that is a over beaten dead horse.   They seem to open normally to me.  Not sure what you mean by 'shoot back'. 

Protection from heating...  will try with a faster rocket and report back.......... 

Had a rocket with 8.2 TWR, vertical g force was around 12 g's  Fairing covered payload on very top.  And the fairing did protect payload inside.   The same craft without fairing, the payloads uppermost part, a docking port, overheated and removed itself.  The part beneath also started to overheat as well, but fuel ran out and rocket acceleration ceased .

Edited by DaveLChgo

About the fairings... 

They are way better in the sense that they are not destroying my craft or doing some really bizarre stuff, but I'd prefere if they opened to the sides and not to the front of the craft. Similar to what we see in KSP 1. Currently it goes like a missile to the front of the craft and clips through everything

Also, about the VHB, I think It would be really nice to see the old mouse tool back, but only on the side view. This would make building fairings much easier and enjoyable while maintaining the current system. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 5:19 PM, Emanuel01 said:

I'd prefer if they opened to the sides and not to the front of the craft. Similar to what we see in KSP 1

Agreed! Maybe it could still go forward in any of the non-Clamshell deployments, but with 2x thru 4x it definitely should have some lateral kick to 'complement' the forward push.