Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

I tried this little patch and it seems to work for the hex overlay issues and map jittering. The only issue I'm still having is that, if I exit a flight or the tracking station to the space center, with the Kethane grid still 'on', the grid is visible in the sky above the space center. If I go back into the tracking station and turn the grid off, this fixes it, but it's still not a desirable situation.

I believe, being able to see the grid from the Space Center, is an Easter Egg Majiir put in.

I believe, being able to see the grid from the Space Center, is an Easter Egg Majiir put in.

Huh, interesting. I'm aware that seeing the hex grid on the start-up screen was an easter egg (that a lot of people thought was a bug) but I was not aware that seeing it in the sky from the Space Center view was as well.

Huh, interesting. I'm aware that seeing the hex grid on the start-up screen was an easter egg (that a lot of people thought was a bug) but I was not aware that seeing it in the sky from the Space Center view was as well.

Yeah it makes little hex "clouds" lol at least that's what i heard.

For the case anyone wants to try my temp fix: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59546146/ScaledSpaceDumper.dll

What this does is for one is dumping all ScaledSpace transforms into KSP\ScaledSpaceDump.txt upon scene change, next it'll remove all null transforms to prevent the map wobble and grid freaking, lastly it'll remove all non body spaces when you go back to the spacecenter because they get created upon entering a flight anyways, but without this they'd end up getting added over and over again, everytime you enter a flight from the spacecenter.

And for the paranoid ones, here's the source: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59546146/ScaledSpaceDumper.cs

yeah i too am curious as to where i should put this temp fix

This would be something to ask in the Extraplanetary Launchpads thread.

Sorry about that... Couldn't find there post earlier, then asked this, then found it and saw Majiir's answer there...

It's one of thooooose days...

Alacrity

And I'm seeing a bug where the map itself is invisible, excepting where I zoom out. It shows up very briefly, not centered on the planet but from where I'm zooming out from, and then it reshrinks and vanishes.

And I'm seeing a bug where the map itself is invisible, excepting where I zoom out. It shows up very briefly, not centered on the planet but from where I'm zooming out from, and then it reshrinks and vanishes.

You really should read a few pages back before posting in a thread...

You really should read a few pages back before posting in a thread...

I used the search function and didn't come up with anything. Even did so though google in case there was a note that wasn't local. I didn't see it. But thanks for the heads up. I'll start on page 210 and go from there.

#EDIT: I see the custom DLL, but not where to put it.

Edited by Whackjob

Is it possible to turn off the map grid appearing on Kerbin from the main menu?

Also, is there documentation on how the color definitions in the config work? Right now with the grid on terrain is basically impossible to see.

Go big or go home

screenshot0.png

Cute little thing.

9ndj3rj.png

10.000 liter fuel, 24000 liter kethane, equiped with the 3d printer and orbital construction. so it can also be used as an spacedock, however I will probably mostly exchange fuel for rocketparts at an launchpad.

Off to do qualification testing on Mun before Jool system.

I'm no pro, but I think if you check the Kethane items in the vehicle assembly building it will tell you the power consumption. If you look at your power supply sources it will tell you what power it can produce. From there it should be fairly simple math. A large drill has a power consumption of 24.00/s and a single large solar array provides 18.00/s power. I've only done simple builds so far and have to wait until daylight for my 6 large panel array before I can mine and process kethane.

My ship wont convert kethane to fuel, only mono propellent, am I missing something here?

Do you have fuel tanks connected to the main stack of the ship (the one where the converter and kethane tanks are)? If not, that's your problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.